Diana's bulimia on "The Crown" - Page 4 - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Diana's bulimia on "The Crown"

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Virgin Mary

Virgin Mary

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2020 - 08:29 PM

Y'all purge standing???

i always have! gravity helps a lot and i don’t have to get down on a potentially nasty bathroom floor. to each their own :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sent from ur local dumpster

#62 ellej

ellej

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 12:58 AM

I knowwww, I felt so sorry for her! Don't know if she actually did it or is it just the imagination of the TV producers...

Same! I've always been purging with my hands but never really got a Russel's sign or mark or whatever it is called. I guess it really depends on the person, maybe she was just lucky like that.

Unfortunately when I was bulimic literally everyone knew bc a friend used that secret for clout, like she wanted to be in my ex friend group so she gave them info on me. It was low key traumatizing but I’m good now.

Anyway yes I am lucky that I never marked my hand though. I didn’t need another thing confirming the rumor.

#63 Taco_Belle

Taco_Belle

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • LocationThe Far Side of the World

Posted 29 November 2020 - 01:12 AM

Wow what how

I need to stand 

I kinda crouch over myself

We have lingered in the chambers of the sea

By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown  

Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

#64 fairy-wings

fairy-wings

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 November 2020 - 11:58 AM

for anyone who watched the crown and really liked it or is just interested in diana, i’d recommend the documentary on netflix called diana in her own words just because it explains a lot more and she talks about her bulimia a fair bit, but i really liked the crown... i was mainly watching to see the outfit recreations though
  • xlosthopex likes this

♡ we held hands when we walked down the gingerbread path into the forest, blood dripping from our fingers. we danced with witches and kissed monsters we turned us into wintergirls, and when she tried to leave, i pulled her back into the snow because i was afraid to be alone ♡

#65 xlosthopex

xlosthopex

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 29 November 2020 - 12:05 PM

for anyone who watched the crown and really liked it or is just interested in diana, i’d recommend the documentary on netflix called diana in her own words just because it explains a lot more and she talks about her bulimia a fair bit, but i really liked the crown... i was mainly watching to see the outfit recreations though

Second this!
  • fairy-wings likes this
Height: 5’9”
HW: 60kg
LW: 35kg(BMI 11)
CW: Too scared to check but guess BMI ~14
GW: 0kg :/

Bodychecks: https://www.myproana...-14/?p=73493825

Gallery: https://www.myproana...x’s-bodychecks/

Ig: @xvegan_extremistx & @bpd_splitposting

#66 geom

geom

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4139 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:38 PM

I thought it was good representation but yes they really minimised the screen time but I'd argue no more was needed? They got the message across and I was worried it would hardly be covered seeing as it exposes the royal family in many ways. But it was showed over many episodes and a long timespan which was great. It did Diana's story justice I think and it's good to call out how troubled she actually was. This woman is like a god (here in the UK anyway) and to show this raw side being physically acted out (rather than talked about and described in documentaries) is a big deal. The trigger warning was fair too because it triggered me rip

geom

tumblr_ndb7c4DqQV1sy6m2qo1_r1_500.gif

#67 wiggenweld

wiggenweld

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:29 PM

I'm about half way through the season, but I personally found the scenes to be kinda triggering. Whether they would have had the same impact if I hadn't already been struggling with my recovery, I'm not sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I have personally only ever purged kneeling in front of the toilet, and tbh I've never considered doing it standing. The squat I would have to do to get my head close enough to the toilet to minimize splash and maximize aim would burn so much ... Those of you who stand, how tall are you?

#68 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6155 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:26 AM

come again? flushing the toilet with ur head down it? HUHHHHHH

mini-graphics-bats-439012.gif

134.2 lbs / bmi 22.2

thinspo dump

#69 kevi

kevi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6633 posts
  • LocationSouth

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:31 AM

I'm about half way through the season, but I personally found the scenes to be kinda triggering. Whether they would have had the same impact if I hadn't already been struggling with my recovery, I'm not sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I have personally only ever purged kneeling in front of the toilet, and tbh I've never considered doing it standing. The squat I would have to do to get my head close enough to the toilet to minimize splash and maximize aim would burn so much ... Those of you who stand, how tall are you?

How interesting right haha. I’m 5’7ish and stand almost all the time. Being hands free I can get pretty low though. Knees are bent as well, so it’s not a straight fall over.

I spent this year as a ghost. ___________________________________

uvCCfHz.png

#70 Bigfatsweetpotato420

Bigfatsweetpotato420

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:32 AM

I’m about to watch this and just fast forward to all the bulimia parts lol

#71 MaggieB

MaggieB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:15 AM

I noticed how they showed her drinking a lot of water and I really appreciated that for some reason lmao. It always bugs me in movies and tv when they show someone bingeing and then just throwing it all up in 1 sec, it's like half the job is drinking SO MUCH water!! 

• Jay Jay likes this

SW: 75kg

CW: 65kg

GW: 59kg

giphy.gif

#72 chocolatewaif

chocolatewaif

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4597 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:28 PM

I'm trying to catch up on The Crown so I can get to the Diana arch. I'm so tempted to just skip over, lol. 

• GonannerZ likes this

I wanna be special. So fucking special.

Height: 5'5"

Current: 121.5 | Start: 142 | Goal: 120 Ultimate: 110

#73 skyfishing

skyfishing

B♡nkers Wh♡re

• Accountability access
  • 3931 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:32 PM

The fact that she was binging and purging in a castle with a private chef--

Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
CW: 90.2 lbs (40.9 kg)
LW: 72 lbs (32.7 kg)
UGW: 84 lbs (38.1 kg)
ACCOUNTABILITY

#74 Jude1981

Jude1981

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:04 PM

Was great that they included her disorder in the show.
I think that the scenes of purging were unrealistic though, and I mean I totally understand that the show Is not a documentary on bulimia and has to be “politically correct” and has a certain ambientati and all this stuff but I mean I would have preferred not seeing her purging, maybe just here the noise of the act with the door of the bathroom closed.. I don’t know I Feel bad thinking that people watching the show think “oh, so that is bulimia” - NO, THAT’S NOT

#75 Betty Draper

Betty Draper

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationA Strange House From the 1930s

Posted 16 December 2020 - 09:33 AM

I'm watching The Crown mostly for Diana. Not just because of her ED. I just wanted to see their portrayal of her as a whole. Took 3 seasons to get to it lol.

I noticed the toilet scenes as well. Also the immediate tooth brushing. But I understand they can't be like *1 hour later* before showing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ { Reduce Your Flesh } ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#76 Scoobertishangry

Scoobertishangry

wildly inappropriate soup whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 05:20 PM

Finally watching the first episode with the purging rn and all I can think about is the mad splasback she must be getting from that
  • NeverBeenSoSurreptitious likes this

#77 gilgi

gilgi

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:50 PM

I'm about half way through the season, but I personally found the scenes to be kinda triggering. Whether they would have had the same impact if I hadn't already been struggling with my recovery, I'm not sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm like a month late but idc, I still want to respond lmao

I stand but I bend down at the waist, so my head is pretty close to the toilet bowl. I'm 5'4 for reference. I don't know if it's relevant but I'm pretty flexible, so I can bend really far down without discomfort I guess? I used to kneel too, but I made the switch at some point and now I can't imagine going back, I find it a lot easier

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

#78 EmoThinFall

EmoThinFall

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 10:49 AM

AND WHO PURGES SITTING

I do it's easier for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic