Looking for healthier versions of these foods - Food - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Looking for healthier versions of these foods

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Snowkitten

Snowkitten

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:24 PM

What are some healthier foods

I really want chips and dip (lays or ruffles chips with either onion dip, or the ranch one) is there a low calorie version of this

Would love to know about your chips and dip

But I would also like to know some more snacky foods, what do you guys enjoy eating that's low calorie

So far all I can think of is sweet potatoe fries, cucumber sandwiches, cucumber and hummus, my vegetarian/vegan burgers with fresh veggies, spinach wraps, soy flavoured milk, a banana cut in half like a banana split but instead of ice cream its yogurt and berries etc

Willing to try anything tbh (besides meat I'm a vegetarian)
♡angelicbones♡

#2 MeltySnow

MeltySnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:49 PM

I like rice cakes, the plain ones I get are 35 cal and you can make them savory or sweet! For sweet, I like putting a bit of yogurt and some berries, and for savory, low fat cottage cheese and cucumbers are nice

Height: 158 cm

GW: 43 kg

CW: 44.8 kg

HW: 58 kg

#3 caligos

caligos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:54 AM

Some of my favorites: Air-popped popcorn, protein yogurt with a small banana or any type of fruit really, frozen grapes (they're really sweet, satisfying and refreshing), homemade oats bars, frozen yogurt with berries, cottage cheese on bell peppers, tomatoes bruschetta (low cal toast) or deviled eggs. 

I always suggest to try to prioritize protein and fruits. The fruits will help a little with sugar cravings and the protein will keep you satisfied. 

#4 cambri

cambri

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:28 AM

hmm for lower calorie chips, the company that makes veggie straws also makes chips! they taste basically the same as veggie straws but they’re just shaped like chips, I think they’re called veggie chips? I don’t have any recommendations for dip but you could probably find some by looking up “low cal french onion dip recipes” (or any kind of dip you want, haha)

#5 turningheads

turningheads

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:47 PM

big fan of pickle chips -- they have the "oh snap" brand at the gas station across from where i work (& i know they have them at most wawa's too). i always get the spicy ones, and they're only 15 cal a bag. 15!!!!!! so good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users