Any advice on how to look better? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Any advice on how to look better?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RedQueen_25

RedQueen_25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:08 PM

I need some help with makeup and hair, I feel like my makeup looks a little dated, and I kind of just steal my mom’s makeup lol. I’m 23 and I feel like I want to look more fresh, I don’t like using foundation cause it makes you break out and ages you. Any advice on how to look better?

https://imgur.com/a/p9ixKiN
  • Meelee likes this

#2 Katie Katie

Katie Katie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3478 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:12 PM

I know this isnt helping, but I don't think you need to change anything, because you look pretty much perfect already. No need for foundation either, don't ruin your perfect skin! Your hair is amazing too!!

• Daniel4754 likes this

#3 pastafreak

pastafreak

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11400 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:18 PM

Wow, your skin is so clear and glow-y! You might be onto something with the whole not wearing foundation thing.

I honestly think you look really cute without makeup (I'm assuming the second pic is you barefaced?). You def don't need makeup, but if you want to wear it, I think a natural look (lip gloss, mascara, a little blush) would look best on you. That kind of looks like what you did in the first pic.

• Katie Katie and Daniel4754 like this

#4 RedQueen_25

RedQueen_25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:38 PM

Yes, second pic is me barefaced. For my skin, I drink a shit ton of water, never touch it ( or atleast trying to a little less lol ) and I never wear foundation other than a little under my eyes sometimes when I’m going out.

#5 averagemisty

averagemisty

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:14 PM

wow i think you look amazing as is! i think the ultimate goal is not to need to wear any makeup. your skin looks so fresh and nice. if you want the only things a can say if you want you can play around with some highlighter, maybe eyeliner stuff like that, but you look gorgeous as is

• Daniel4754 and RedQueen_25 like this

hw: 62 kg / 136.6 lbs  cw: 56.1 kg / 123.6 lbs  gw: 53 kg / 116.8  ugw: 50 kg / 110 lbs

ganbare!!!

#6 RedQueen_25

RedQueen_25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:31 PM

Funny you mention eyeliner, I’ve been desperately failing on doing winged eyeliner lol. I’m just stuck doing this line over my eyes.

#7 Jackie Burkhart

Jackie Burkhart

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:19 PM

Omg you look like one of my friends you’re absolutely beautiful!!!
Personally to add a little spice to my look I go for mascara and eyeliner and a little bit of shiny eyeshadow if you wanna do more~~
I also tend to play with the shapes my eyebrows can do. Like thin, fluffy, thick, short pointy just to test it up| also tinted lip balm is never a bad idea I usually go for darker/ soft pinks and maroons and it’s only a little tinted so it’s like not too bold.

I think my friend (who looks like you) usually plays up her eyes with mascara and lighter glimmer eyeshadow she always looks so shiny it’s so pretty. Or sometimes she flicks a very small line on the outer part of her eye so pretty

I’m more of a full face kind of gurl but something fun that doesn’t need a full face is just eye makeup if you don’t want to play the foundation game I suggest buying a decent-ish pallete of colors you like that would match you (I have light brown/yellow tones skin so I go with like gold and reds) and just start watching YouTubers haha

Some days I wear 0 foundation and my eyes are done up with lashes.!!

Hope any of this was a lil helpful

tumblr_inline_nvpx5n9nVD1t78dpp_500.giftumblr_inline_mv8d04bWde1qid2nw.giftumblr_inline_mv8czxh0DV1qid2nw.giftumblr_inline_mv8czpdLMv1qid2nw.giftumblr_inline_mv8czfZc4A1qid2nw.giftumblr_inline_mv8d03mALz1qid2nw.giftumblr_inline_mv8czfZc4A1qid2nw.giftumblr_inline_nvpx6ggKEN1t78dpp_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mowsqzOg121qz4rgp.png

An artist, writer,  and spiritual child.

173 170 168 167 165 163 160 158 156 154 152 150

147 145 143 141 140 138 136 134 132 130 127 125

123 120

accountability

d4515b14c6b2fbf12598b4847d013768.jpg

tumblr_inline_mov8ya9zIJ1qz4rgp.png

#8 RedQueen_25

RedQueen_25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:54 PM

Lol dude, you have to show me this friend, I’ve never found my doppelgänger. I’ve only been told I kinda look like Selena Gomez. XD

#9 RedQueen_25

RedQueen_25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:23 AM

Omg you look like one of my friends you’re absolutely beautiful!!!
Personally to add a little spice to my look I go for mascara and eyeliner and a little bit of shiny eyeshadow if you wanna do more~~
I also tend to play with the shapes my eyebrows can do. Like thin, fluffy, thick, short pointy just to test it up| also tinted lip balm is never a bad idea I usually go for darker/ soft pinks and maroons and it’s only a little tinted so it’s like not too bold.

I think my friend (who looks like you) usually plays up her eyes with mascara and lighter glimmer eyeshadow she always looks so shiny it’s so pretty. Or sometimes she flicks a very small line on the outer part of her eye so pretty

I’m more of a full face kind of gurl but something fun that doesn’t need a full face is just eye makeup if you don’t want to play the foundation game I suggest buying a decent-ish pallete of colors you like that would match you (I have light brown/yellow tones skin so I go with like gold and reds) and just start watching YouTubers haha

Some days I wear 0 foundation and my eyes are done up with lashes.!!

Hope any of this was a lil helpful

Lol please show me this friend. I’ve never found my doppelgänger. The closest one I get is that I kinda look like Selena Gomez.

#10 Really-Worried

Really-Worried

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:57 PM

Regardless of face and clothes, I've found that every person who fixes their hair until its shiny, done up and flawless looks like a model. That's the one defining trait I've seen that makes me think a person is really and truly pretty without realizing it.
  • CarmenG likes this

#11 Creepy Chan

Creepy Chan

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationSleeping!

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:12 PM

You look so young for your age omg!! (Not that 23 is old, you just don't look it!)

Good call on the foundation, your skin is pretty much perfect anyways. One thing you could try is puppy eyeliner/emphasising the outer v of your eyes! In my opinion, it makes people look much younger and more fresh than other eyeliner styles (e.g. cat eyes).

Example:

puppyeyes-3compare.jpg

#12 RedQueen_25

RedQueen_25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:13 PM

You look so young for your age omg!! (Not that 23 is old, you just don't look it!)

Good call on the foundation, your skin is pretty much perfect anyways. One thing you could try is puppy eyeliner/emphasising the outer v of your eyes! In my opinion, it makes people look much younger and more fresh than other eyeliner styles (e.g. cat eyes).

Example:

puppyeyes-3compare.jpg

Thank you so much! I will try that out! :D
  • Creepy Chan likes this

#13 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12049 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:11 AM

You're absolutely stunning. I think you would suit winged eyeliner and red lipstick.

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

Lowest BMI: 10.9

Highest BMI: 20+

Current BMI: 12's

tumblr_mnq9nnGReQ1s5bnmao1_500.gif

instagram

ask me stuff

accountability/pics

#14 Creepy Chan

Creepy Chan

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationSleeping!

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:47 AM

Thank you so much! I will try that out! :D

Good luck! Let us know how it works out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users