thread to talk about low calorie ice cream and similar frozen treats? - Food - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

thread to talk about low calorie ice cream and similar frozen treats?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cambri

cambri

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 20 November 2020 - 03:56 PM

it can be regular ice cream, vegan ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet/sorbet, gelato, frozen yogurt, popsicles, or anything similar!

which brands and flavors do you recommend? which ones are bad? what are they like? any kind of discussion is allowed as long as it’s about low calorie frozen treats!

#2 cambri

cambri

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1065 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:16 PM

so I’m going to talk about halo top! the website says they’re 280-380 calories per pint, but I know the strawberry is 270 calories and I’m not really sure which one is 380, the higher calorie ones seem to mostly be 360. the pints aren’t like a small, single serving container, they’re an actual full pint.

this is a bit long and it’s my personal review of some of the flavors, so I’m going to put it under a spoiler.

Spoiler

#3 cambri

cambri

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1065 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:24 PM

another low cal brand is arctic zero. it ranges 160-320 calories per pint (full pint) but it’s just really... bad. it tastes so artificial and gross imo.

the two I had were cookie shake and chocolate brownie. they tasted pretty much the same, it was artificial as hell and didn’t taste like the actual flavor, but the cookie shake was supposed to be a cookies and cream type ice cream I’m pretty sure?

#4 activecheesecake

activecheesecake

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3777 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:34 PM

For my dear Canadian friends, 

Cool way is 500ml a tub of ice cream and only 320 calories for the mint chocolate chip, chocolate chocolate chip, toasted coconut chocolate chip (the coconut one actually sucks despite me loving coconut flavors) It's better than Halo top imo. The plain vanilla is only 280 cals, but I've never tried it so I can't recommend it. It's kind of difficult to mess up vanilla though lol. They also sell popsicles for 80 cals per bar. They sell other flavors, but they're higher calorie like 340-360cals per tub. 

• cambri likes this

BODY CHECKS

ACCOUNTABILITY

ddo6la1-55088b66-05f0-45cc-ad3e-624287ad

SW: 165lbs CW: 105 (BMI 16.7)

Last weigh in: 2020/12/23

#5 Hidingunicorn

Hidingunicorn

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:05 PM

I like to freeze So Delicious’s coco whip. It’s like a coconut whip cream but frozen it’s like an ice cream. It is 30 cal/2 tbsp so it’s 120 calories for a 1/2 cup or 240 for a cup. It tastes really good and is pretty filling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • cambri likes this

#6 amen&goodbye

amen&goodbye

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:15 PM

I love Yasso frozen greek yogurt bars. Most are around 80-120cals and they taste so good. Better texture in my opinion than a lot of the other diet ice creams. They also have chocolate dipped bars that are a little higher in calories (~150). I like how I can just grab one already portioned out and don’t have to worry about measuring servings.
  • cambri likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users