Queen's Gambit - Movies and TV Shows - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Queen's Gambit

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 darvill

darvill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:49 PM

Anyone else watched this new Netflix show yet? I generally enjoy Anya Taylor-Joy in any role, but a chess genius with a substance abuse addiction spoke to me on a whole new level. Gave me Girl, Interrupted vibes. 

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fda

• Disappearing1, Peepy and xXStichedXx like this

#2 kiitan

kiitan

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:13 AM

Ahh I was hoping someone would post about this!! This was such a good show, one of my favourite netflix shows ever! They styled her so well, all her outfits gave me life <3 and the sets, i just want to live in her house LOL

#3 Lilyofthevalley13

Lilyofthevalley13

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:18 AM

Yass this was so fabulous, wasn't familiar with the actress and I was checking her out hard!!.. then they said her character was 15 and I shit myself! 😂😂 glad the actress isn't a child 😅 but holy shit that age situation was throwing me. I mean they had a 24 year old women playing a 15 year old who was pretending to be 13 at one point 😂😂 still loved it!

#4 seakissed

seakissed

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5361 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:25 AM

I loved it so much! It was so interesting. At first I thought it was a tv show about chess, but it's so much more than that. So many scenes are incredible and the cinematography is very well done. 

#5 Earthling55

Earthling55

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:46 AM

I loved the Chess theme and the female main character, but I wish they had made her less Mary Sue.

Sounds weird considering she has a drug addiction and obviously social problem, right? But like, she is beautiful, smart, the best chess player in like one week, rich and gets all the guys she is interested in. It was a bit too much, especially since there never were any "ugly" moments with her addiction. She also never was really lonely during the whole story, there was nearly always someone to support her.

So yeah, despite that it was pretty great though.

• Hellequin. and misskel like this

171 cm | SW: 72 kg | GW: 50 kg

72 | 71 | 70  

69 | 68 | 67 | 66 | 65 | 64 | 63 | 62 | 61 | 60

59 | 58 | 57 | 56 | 55 | 54 | 53 | 52 | 51 | 50

#6 Jaxxy

Jaxxy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:55 PM

Probably my favorite show this year. I love the aesthetics.

#7 shivering hypocrite

shivering hypocrite

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:39 AM

oh my god I just finished the queen's gambit a few days ago and i'm obsessed... and madly in love with anya taylor-joy. the whole thing was so aesthetically pleasing.

#8 VenlafaxxxinePrincess

VenlafaxxxinePrincess

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:16 PM

This thread and my flatmate who's been watching the show recently made me even more curious to give it a go. Well, seems like now I have another thing to do during my insomniac ass nights.

#9 Xaroira

Xaroira

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:54 PM

I always watch tv shows in my spare time so I have watched a lot of them. The Queen's Gambit is one of my favorite ones and it's definitely worth watching. Who can recommend something similar? By the way, Kodi is a real find for me, who uses it? Here is a great list of best Kodi builds https://www.firestic...odi-builds.html

#10 bluexvenus

bluexvenus

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Locationin a pond of low cal tears

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:27 PM

yess i watched it like a few weeks ago and it's A   A. M. A. Z. I. N. G. 

plus there's a really iconic ship on the show "Benny Watts and Beth Harmon" 

and they're just so <333

10BB458C63DE4CA4AC8D.jpeg

~Belle  Ã‰pave. 

~Belle  Ã‰pave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users