Loose Skin anxiety - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Loose Skin anxiety

Weightloss Loose skin Anxiety Diet Mental health Health

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nya~

Nya~

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationThe deepest of Neverland

Posted 21 November 2020 - 01:06 AM

I have this thought in my mind all the time... Loose skin. After a about three years of recovery gone wrong, I gained about 50 pounds.

Now that I'm trying to loose it, I start thinking about loose skin and it really triggers my anxiety... Thinking that when I finally reach my goal, all the hard work will be shadowed by the possible loose skin.

I'd like to read your stories and opinions, maybe we can share support and wisdom✨

What are your thoughts and perspective in this matter? Is loose skin a concern for you?

Eat rainbows and poop butterflies.tumblr_mlynytGa5r1rvpvp7o1_400.gif

wordpress-200-lb-beauty-1.gif

#2 whiskerz

whiskerz

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2295 posts
  • LocationU.S.-MN

Posted 27 November 2020 - 10:28 PM

I was pregnant and gained 75 pounds in those 9 months. I lost 50 ish in about 4 months naturally. I have limited loose skin on my breasts which is fairly unnoticeable. My biggest thing is stretch marks. I know it's different from traditional weight gain and loss, but hopefully its some reassurance!

#3 LittlePaperWings

LittlePaperWings

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 09:02 PM

To avoid loose skin as much as possible:

- moisturise REGULARLY at least once or twice a day, your entire body especially stretch mark prone areas
- stay hydrated, drink a lot of water
- take vitamin C to contribute to production of collagen and help with skin elasticity
- Take vitamin E and fish oils
- take collagen supplements
- dry brush your body for circulation and skin tightening

tenor.gif?itemid=11257212

HW: 164 lbs
LW: 115 lbs
GW: 100 lbs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Weightloss, Loose skin, Anxiety, Diet, Mental health, Health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users