things that make you want to live - Page 2 - The Happy Place - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

things that make you want to live

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 reef shark

reef shark

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Locationʇlınɓ

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:07 AM

so many things make me happy with life, but i have found that they are not responsible for my will to live so much as i am for it. and relying on plans for a distant, or even near future, is not fulfilling to me so much as what i do for myself in the present. so the thing that makes me want to live is more a philosophy(?) that i try to keep in my toolbelt to ground myself.

i stopped looking to my past for answers, or look for answers on how to redeem myself now in the future. i also stopped tying seemingly harmless ropes to people, things, and plans ((which isn't bad at all, i would just depend on these things to the point where it was crushing if i lost one "piece")) to feel guided and secure in a desire to live, but when all those things left me i believed i'd been wronged. or in the case that i say i am alive for people, then perhaps my life is not mine in that sense anyways, so how am i choosing, then, my want to live? however, i approach with the assumption that i choose to live all  the same because i am a collection of experiences that i embraced with others... but i notice the difference is the "with" and "for." for myself, i feel that i want to live for the experiences with others, rather than for others-- which was, again, something that seemed like a semantics issue, but was a very difficult and complex conclusion to come to. 

so i figured this to be the conclusion: i'm just here in the present. and that might not make me happy in itself, but i want to live in it. otherwise, why would i attempt to attach myself to things? could i continue, then, to attach myself to my thoughts: embrace passion, attempt reason, create myself as i am presently and not anticipate or minimize myself based on external things that i don't even know the certainty of in terms of existence? and if i can accept this new line of sight, i can accept that i at least want to live in the present, and therefore i want to be alive presently. and if i can accept this nature as something in my foundation, meaning i might have to work to build a piece of self from it, then i can ease myself onto a steadier path when i'm under the influence of something that is causing me to think about ending my life. this makes me want to live i feel like. at least this is how i think of it rn.

and of course, i will not always want to live in the present if i have times where i want to remove myself from life altogether; but what this foundation can do for me is enable me to be more realistic and build a better relationship with the core beliefs of my mind when all dependent thoughts do not exist or exist minimally. this can be self-control, and perhaps-- even though i try not to wreck my future by dwelling on it too much-- this can be a means of a future worth rejoicing because i struggled a little bit in the present which is by  that point in the past. 

i also really liked that i was having those thoughts again and i rested my head on my steering wheel and felt so blessed to be alive. ... multum in parvo

Spoiler

Spoiler

she/her || 18

#22 ѕℓεερу ѕɦiɓε

ѕℓεερу ѕɦiɓε

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:59 AM

My doggo.

[ Sent from your mom's phone ]

tpPuxQu.png

🖤

#23 vittata

vittata

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:09 AM

My family. The only thing that keeps me going is all of the sacrifices they’ve made for me to be where I am now. I can’t bear to just let their effort go to waste by not being successful, whether it’s because I’m not here or because I didn’t try hard enough.

#24 dainty.anya

dainty.anya

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:55 AM

My daughter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • DaisyAnon likes this
A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.

5”8’
hw: 154lb
cw: 113lb
gw: 110lb

#25 seakissed

seakissed

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3732 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:55 PM

Honestly, knowing there are so many more things to be discovered out there. I want to see the world and help animals. 

nightingale, sweet-voiced messenger of spring

#26 teaceremony

teaceremony

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:00 AM

One day I will travel to all the countries I want to go to: Japan, Switzerland, German, Italy, France, South Korea. 

My stats are...
Height: 5’8
Starting Weight: 282 lbs.
Current Weight: 271.4 lbs. 11/28/2020 @ 43 inch waist Size 24 / 2x

Goal Weight: 160 lbs. 

271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261
260 255 250 245 240 235 230 225 220 215 210 205 200

Weightloss Rewards:

260: new black sexy bras

250: new black sexy panties

240: buy ballet barre

230: shop old "skinny" clothes in my closet

220: create a fashion look-book

210: sort and donate unwanted jewelry in my closet

200: buy some new perfume

My current challenge: International Dance Day challenge for Thursday, April 29, 2021. My goal is to have a more flexible and graceful ballet type of body during the winter time and possible 2nd Covid-19 lockdown in the United States. Also, I will be incorporating run/walking outdoors as well as much as I can as long as it isn't extreme freezing and snowy weather.

Diet plan:  I don't want to focus on any particular diet at the moment, but I know for sure I will mostly eat two meals a day, because that is all my body wants: breakfast and a late lunch/early dinner. Also I attempt to eat nothing but whole, non-processed foods. I will make an effort to cook and bake more, which will force me to only eat from home mostly. Also, carry flavored water and a little bag of mix nuts to consume when away from home in order to avoid fast food places. 

The link is here: https://www.myproana...etc/?p=73534693

This is my REALISTIC ideal body type, from being morbidly obese, for International Dance Day, on Thursday, April 29, 2021 (5 months challenge): Basically, I have no choice to but to be thick in the hips and thighs, but I want to get rid of my protruding, hanging belly in order to look like this girl. Once I reach this body type goal, then I find another body type I can try to attain. 

tumblr_pfn5j5goaJ1sj3ye3o1_400.png

#27 consciouspane

consciouspane

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 02:48 AM

my family! and the hope that this pandemic will be over soon!

#28 peacholic

peacholic

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:09 PM

My mom, my boyfriend, my cat
The fact that I’m half way through my Bachelor’s degree
Being able to volunteer at an animal shelter one day
Coffee
Going to the beach during sunset/sunrise