I got a trial shift! - The Happy Place - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I got a trial shift!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 all the rage

all the rage

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:31 AM

So I’ve been trying to find a job for months and not having any luck at all (not even getting interviews).

But the beginning of this week first I applied for a volunteer role at an op shop. I got an interview for it on Friday, and I got a position!

And feeling emboldened by that experience that afternoon I was browsing jobs online and found a new posting for a luxury store job, which I thought there was no way I’d get but I’d apply anyway. Surprisingly I had an interview today and got a trial shift next week! This is despite having no retail experience whatsoever so I’m quite surprised!
  • amardigrasgirl likes this
“Your audience are not your friends. They are spectators. Their love is highly contingent. The moment you fuck up you’re dead to them. They do not love you. They love an idea of you.”

#2 ambient gypsy

ambient gypsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Location21yo in usa <3

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:14 AM

thats awesome! congrats!
  • all the rage likes this

#3 IntroxAna

IntroxAna

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:10 PM

Well done, that's amazing! 

Good look with the trail  :)

"Insanity is a logical response to an insane world".

Stereotypes have their place but life is a Spectrum and if you don't see that you miss out on so many of the colours.

#4 ᴠᴇʀɪsɪᴍɪʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ

ᴠᴇʀɪsɪᴍɪʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3203 posts
  • Locationstardew valley

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:44 PM

wonderful! i hope it works out and best of luck! 

original.gif

tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif 24 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif 5'7 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif ednos tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif ugw: 103 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif

losertown 10wk challenge

accountability

#5 all the rage

all the rage

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:08 AM

Update:
I think my trial shift went well, it was intense and I was super tired after. The manager said after I might be needed on Saturday to work again bc it’ll be so busy but I haven’t heard anything since (the trial was on Tuesday). It’s a weird feeling having no idea if I’ll get the job or not...

Regardless I have different interview tomorrow as a receptionist, and I start on Sunday in a new role as an op shop volunteer.
  • amardigrasgirl and IntroxAna like this
“Your audience are not your friends. They are spectators. Their love is highly contingent. The moment you fuck up you’re dead to them. They do not love you. They love an idea of you.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users