Anybody wearing wigs? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anybody wearing wigs?

hair wigs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Velvet22

Velvet22

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:30 AM

Heya!

My hair is a mess and it's getting thinner by the day (unlike me lol)
Now I'm wondering if I should switch to wigs.

Anybody wearing wigs everyday?
Where to get them from?
What do I have to keep in mind/what not to do etc?

thanks a lot! <3

Stats:
1,75m
CW: 55
GW: 53
GW: 52
GW: 50
UGW: 45

Accountability

Snuggle up and Read Challenge

#2 gloomaglisten

gloomaglisten

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:32 PM

I haven’t lately since I don’t go out anymore these days (mine is just for aesthetic purposes because it’s cheaper and easier than dyeing my hair), but I buy mine from KekeWigs on Etsy. They’re synthetic wigs that can last for 6 months to a year of daily use and are apparently somewhat heat-resistant but I’ve never tested that out lmao. You shouldn’t wash synthetic wigs too often, but if you want a curly/wavy hair wig, you should keep it moisturized daily (something I’m not too great at remembering to do...oops). I use Mane ‘n Tail leave-in conditioner on mine, which you should be able to get from Walmart, though there might be better options out there. I can’t give you too much advice about styling it/making it look realistic unfortunately. I always wear a hat with mine, partly because that’s just another part of my aesthetic, and partly because the wig looks very fake and bad at the top without one lol. I’m sure you can fix that sort of thing but that’s also something I’ve never tried. There are almost certainly YouTube tutorials on that though! Human hair wigs are more expensive than synthetic ones but probably look better. And I understand that lace front wigs tend to look more realistic, but, again, I’ve never used one. Sorry, my experience is kind of limited so I don’t know how helpful this was...good luck though!
  • KittyBlast likes this

23 | queer | she/her | Canada

loads my signature with song lyrics because I'm a loser

Spoiler

Actual photo of me doing bodychecks

Spoiler

#3 Velvet22

Velvet22

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 937 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:29 PM

thank you for your answer!
you already helped me a lot! I own one wig (synthetic) that I also only wear with a hat because you can clearly tell it's fake :D
Do you use a wig cap?

also I'm going to look up that etsy shop

Stats:
1,75m

Accountability

#4 gloomaglisten

gloomaglisten

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:09 PM

thank you for your answer!
you already helped me a lot! I own one wig (synthetic) that I also only wear with a hat because you can clearly tell it's fake :D
Do you use a wig cap?

also I'm going to look up that etsy shop

I do! I think you can get one with a wig purchase from that shop, but I also have a couple others I got from Arda Wigs when I was buying a different wig for cosplay. I usually put my hair into two braids, then bobby pin those braids to my head and cover it all with a wig cap before securing the wig. 

• Velvet22 likes this

23 | queer | she/her | Canada

loads my signature with song lyrics because I'm a loser

Spoiler

Actual photo of me doing bodychecks

Spoiler

#5 Velvet22

Velvet22

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 937 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:57 PM

I do! I think you can get one with a wig purchase from that shop, but I also have a couple others I got from Arda Wigs when I was buying a different wig for cosplay. I usually put my hair into two braids, then bobby pin those braids to my head and cover it all with a wig cap before securing the wig. 

thank you for your help! man I'm so excited to buy wigs and have a different hair colour and style everyday!

• gloomaglisten likes this

Stats:
1,75m

Accountability

#6 CICOpath

CICOpath

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationSOUTH Florida

Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:42 PM

if you're going to get a wig for every day use, i'd highly suggest investing in a human hair wig. you could get a shorter length for around 60$ & it's still cute. way more durable, can be ironed/dyed, can be washed more often. you could also get a longer length for around 80-120$ but it's really worth it. i'd suggest shopping around amazon, you could try aliexpress too but it's hit or miss on there. a lot of separate brand stores tend to get the same wigs from the same manufacturer & jack up the prices so yeah 

• KittyBlast likes this

gallery_212432_64639_5332.png
Waldo Emerson | 03.04.2020

Join the **UPDATED** Unofficial MPA Chat Lobby!

med_gallery_212432_64639_10501.jpg med_gallery_212432_64639_36087.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, wigs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users