How does a raw diet effect weight loss (long term) - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How does a raw diet effect weight loss (long term)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson_Ivy

Crimson_Ivy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1806 posts
  • LocationA very cold place

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:38 PM

I'm not raw vegan (I am vegan though), but I like to have one or a couple days every now and then when I eat raw (today is one of those days). At first I thought it would flush everything out of me but whenever I do it I seem to become constipated and gain in food weight. 

So what is the weight loss like for you who are permanently raw vegan, or do raw diets for longer (like a week+) 

Just remember: You are special and there are people in this world who love you very much

5'7

Current:???

Next Goal: 120lbs

End Goal: 90lbs

Accountability: https://www.myproana...0-by-march-7th/

#2 skyfishing

skyfishing

B♡nkers Wh♡re

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3888 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:48 PM

I get constipated if I'm eating a lot of fiber and not much fat, so that might be your issue?

• Erin44 likes this
Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
CW: 90.2 lbs (40.9 kg)
LW: 72 lbs (32.7 kg)
UGW: 84 lbs (38.1 kg)
ACCOUNTABILITY

#3 Crimson_Ivy

Crimson_Ivy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1806 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:06 PM

I get constipated if I'm eating a lot of fiber and not much fat, so that might be your issue?

thanks that helps 

Just remember: You are special and there are people in this world who love you very much

5'7

#4 Hljoma

Hljoma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:14 AM

Being raw vegan ruined my digestion. I was constipated and gassy to the point where doctors thought I may have appendicitis but they wanted to do exploratory surgery as my lymph nodes were very swollen.

There's just not enough oil & fat that the stool was impacted and food was rotting in my stomach cause it had nowhere to go. It really was the worst 3 months of my life and I was only raw vegan for 2.

Now I'm very sensitive with certain fruits, and I usually cook them to prevent painful gas --this also means no more salads & most beans! 

• Erin44 likes this

SW: 54kg (119lbs)

H: 158cm (5"2)

CW: 49.5kg (109lbs)

GW: 47kg (103lbs)

UGW: 45kg (99lbs)

#5 Crimson_Ivy

Crimson_Ivy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1806 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:26 AM

Being raw vegan ruined my digestion. I was constipated and gassy to the point where doctors thought I may have appendicitis but they wanted to do exploratory surgery as my lymph nodes were very swollen.

There's just not enough oil & fat that the stool was impacted and food was rotting in my stomach cause it had nowhere to go. It really was the worst 3 months of my life and I was only raw vegan for 2.

Now I'm very sensitive with certain fruits, and I usually cook them to prevent painful gas --this also means no more salads & most beans! 

damn thanks for telling me this! I am not convinced not to try raw vegan. This is probably why I get so constipated whenever I one or 2 days in a row of it 

5'7

#6 Hljoma

Hljoma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:20 AM

damn thanks for telling me this! I am not convinced not to try raw vegan. This is probably why I get so constipated whenever I one or 2 days in a row of it 

Yeah, it wasn't worth it for me. Being vegan is awesome, but high carb low fat isn't for everyone. We need lubrication as well as fiber to be healthy.

Hopefully you'll find a happy medium, take care! :)

• Erin44 likes this

SW: 54kg (119lbs)

H: 158cm (5"2)

CW: 49.5kg (109lbs)

GW: 47kg (103lbs)

UGW: 45kg (99lbs)

#7 Mitsy

Mitsy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 02:00 AM

I was raw vegan for 5years. Unlike you i had very loose stools and pooped at least 3+times a day. It wasnt the worst diet to live off of, but i dont recommend it either. I gained weight slowly over those years and always felt bloated. I think its much better to follow a whole food diet that also incorporates legumes, nuts, and cooked vegies. Eating balanced macronutrients is far better. 

• Erin44 likes this

5'3"

cw 109

hw 155

lw 75

sw117

gw 105

ugw maintain above 100 below 115

F*** you ED!

#8 Erin44

Erin44

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 03 December 2020 - 11:06 AM

Definitely agree with the commenters above. Being part-time raw is fine, but I would probably do like 100% raw lunches every day instead of doing it for a full day. That should help reduce the digestive problems.

Look at all the ex-vegan youtubers. Most of them did different extreme vegan diets like fully raw and extended juice fasts and years later have horrible digestive problems, headaches, sleep problems, skin problems, bloating/weight gain, etc. A WFPB vegan diet is the way to go. Beans and nuts are excellent sources of protein and fat that your body needs and restricting them will have negative health effects. A diet that excludes rice and beans is probably not healthy.

You can definitely lose weight WFPB, going further will just hurt more in the long run. Take care of yourself!

♥Vegan since April 11, 2017♥

Climber & Hiker | PTSD & MDD

6'6"

HW (12/22/2015): 175.2 (28.3)

LW (1/17/2017): 128.4 (20.7)

SW (11/10/2020): 148.0 (23.9)

CW: 135.8 (21.9)

134 133 132 131 130

129 128

127 126 125

124 (20.0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic