Freaking out with out my scale - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Freaking out with out my scale

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yoyo

Yoyo

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

I can't stop thinking about this. I feel like I must have gained weight this last week because I haven't weighed myself. I know that I can't actually gain weight just because I don't know what I weigh.... But I think I can... And it's been driving me crazy.

I've been eating between 200 and 700 calories a day (all in homemade soup) so I SHOULD be loosing, but my period just ended and I know it's hard to loose weight on my period. And I've been drinking a lot of diet soda. So not good.

I won't see my scale again for about 36 hours, is there anything you guys would suggest so that I see a loss? Or should I just prepare my self for gaining/maintaining my weight? I really hope I haven't gained :-(
  • HanaS likes this

#2 gamewithmyself

gamewithmyself

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

If you have gained weight, it's likely water weight.  Your period causes you to retain water.  If your homemade soups have a high salt content (I know mine do!), that'll make you retain, too.  If you're worried about water weight, spend your next day drinking tons of water (the more you drink, they less you retain) and eating fresh fruits and veggies.  Also try to get some potassium; it stimulates the kidneys to flush the water and salt out of your system.  Other than that, relax.  It'll be okay.  You're doing the right things, and you should get good results.  And even if for some weird reason you don't, you will the next time.  :)

#3 perfect or nothing

perfect or nothing

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

I wouldn't worry too much.  I can easily gain 5-7 pounds of water weight on my period that doesn't necessarily go away the day it ends, but it always goes away eventually and it's SUCH a gratifying feeling to have those pounds just fall off magically.  Scales can really vary from day to day, and you just have to trust that if you're doing everything right, the weight will come off in the long run.

IN RECOVERY, BECAUSE I'M WORTH IT <3

I'm not much of a writer, but I'd love to share my poetry blog with you!  http://www.myproana....my-poetry-blog/

#4 lyssmae

lyssmae

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

I know what you mean, it's hard to go without your scale when you are used to jumping on it every morning. I know I would be a little anxious to not see the results. But it sounds like you are doing good and don't have anything to worry about. Keep up the good work, work out, and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised with the results!! P.S. I also have a hard time losing weight on my period, maybe is it because of the bloating? Is there some science behind it??

#5 Yoyo

Yoyo

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yay! I did not gain! In fact I lost 6.8 lbs in the last week!! :-) now I get to go camping and leave my scale for another 4 days, hopefully the results will be just as great

#6 Marlena357

Marlena357

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

I would go crazy without my scale too lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users