I'm really scared and need advice - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I'm really scared and need advice

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AllyAngel

AllyAngel

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:22 AM

Okay so I'm in a relapse, it's been hard to admit I'm at that point but I am. Just barely above underweight range BMI at the moment and purging pretty much every large meal with multiple water flushes..I'm also on a new heart med that increases potassium loss, struggling with overuse of diuretics and laxatives, and drinking a lot of caffeine...my worry is that I've started getting tremors in my lower legs, I can't lift my legs when laying without them trembling uncontrollably and when I'm standing they feel weak. I've also been getting really lightheaded, feeling nauseous, tingly hands and feet and skin going mottled. Occasionally chest pain too...and also some pressure in my head?? Feels weird. Anyway

I know you aren't doctors, but has anyone else experienced this kinda thing and was it hypokalemia or something else? I'm kinda scared tbh and don't know what to do
  • StarStorme likes this
Meh idk

#2 AllyAngel

AllyAngel

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:25 AM

Also meant to add that the only reason I haven't gone to the ER is because my health insurance is pretty much nonexistent and I'm kinda broke after losing my job due to covid...don't wanna go if I don't have to. Dont want to die obvs, but don't want to be spending $$$$$$$ either
  • StarStorme likes this
Meh idk

#3 hopeworld

hopeworld

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:27 AM

hey. i am a med student (half doc ig?)

you are probably suffering from low blood pressure, if you can check the levels i would recommend doing it. 
i will STRONGLY recommend to you to stop using diruretics immidiately and lower (if you can STOP) using laxes as well. 

if you put them away now i will recommend you to prepare a big cup of water with a teaspoon of salt and drink it. then rest. and again do NOT take diuretics or laxatives, in this rate this can bring you to even heart failure.

saty safe sweetie

• kissmyabs, BoredAsHell, AllyAngel and 3 others like this

MD Intern - DM for medical advice

urowp3.png

GGNjp3.png

original.gif d6b08cb978bf8d296c1d85fae3ab32dfd7da2f35

#4 AllyAngel

AllyAngel

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:38 AM

hey. i am a med student (half doc ig?)

you are probably suffering from low blood pressure, if you can check the levels i would recommend doing it.
i will STRONGLY recommend to you to stop using diruretics immidiately and lower (if you can STOP) using laxes as well.

if you put them away now i will recommend you to prepare a big cup of water with a teaspoon of salt and drink it. then rest. and again do NOT take diuretics or laxatives, in this rate this can bring you to even heart failure.

saty safe sweetie

Ty so much, I will try my best to stop the diuretics, haven't had any for over 8 hours now so that's good I guess. I have had a bit of salt water so now just going to watch an ep of the office and hopefully things get better soon!
  • hopeworld likes this
Meh idk

#5 hopeworld

hopeworld

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:41 AM

Ty so much, I will try my best to stop the diuretics, haven't had any for over 8 hours now so that's good I guess. I have had a bit of salt water so now just going to watch an ep of the office and hopefully things get better soon!

sweetie, the diuretics are causing your symptoms, be aware of it

these are the types of medicine we give to high blood pressure patients usually ONCE a day prescription. 
if one take two or more they can experience LBP symptoms even if they had HBP to begin with.
be careful hope u feel better soon <33

urowp3.png

GGNjp3.png

#6 AllyAngel

AllyAngel

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:44 AM

these are the types of medicine we give to high blood pressure patients usually ONCE a day prescription.
if one take two or more they can experience LBP symptoms even if they had HBP to begin with.

Oh shit the ones I have are only natural but been taking like 5 or 6 a day for the last week...ahhhhh πŸ˜…
Meh idk

#7 Greyish

Greyish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:08 AM

I would like to add, that you need to understand that if you messed with your water and electrolyte balance like that, you could very easily kill yourself by doing so. I often get the feeling that people think they will just have to live with the pains and aches that come with that. But this can cost you your life.

If you had to little potassium in your blood, your heart would just stop. It isn't possible for your heart to work with too little potassium. It needs the right amount of potassium so it can de- and repolarize its cells. You need them to do that, because that is what makes them contract. If there is no potassium, there is no depolarization and no contraction of the heart muscle. You will literally drop dead. I really need you to understand how dangerous that is.

Please, please, please stop the diuretics and lax. Take electrolytes (as recommended, don't overdose!). Eat. Do not take this lightly. God, I hope you are safe :(

• kissmyabs, coco x and skyfishing like this

#8 AllyAngel

AllyAngel

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:17 AM

I would like to add, that you need to understand that if you messed with your water and electrolyte balance like that, you could very easily kill yourself by doing so. I often get the feeling that people think they will just have to live with the pains and aches that come with that. But this can cost you your life.

If you had to little potassium in your blood, your heart would just stop. It isn't possible for your heart to work with too little potassium. It needs the right amount of potassium so it can de- and repolarize its cells. You need them to do that, because that is what makes them contract. If there is no potassium, there is no depolarization and no contraction of the heart muscle. You will literally drop dead. I really need you to understand how dangerous that is.

Please, please, please stop the diuretics and lax. Take electrolytes (as recommended, don't overdose!). Eat. Do not take this lightly. God, I hope you are safe :(

Thank you πŸ’—

Yeah I'm pretty fkn scared at the moment esp. because I had to have a potassium drip last time I was in hosp (didn't realise until I just checked some discharge papers, I was super out of it, never had one in any previous admissions either). If I'm still feeling like this later today I'm going to get my friend to take me into hospital...not gonna be cheap but if it's the difference between life and death I guess you gotta pay the price πŸ˜…
  • Greyish likes this
Meh idk

#9 Maladaptive

Maladaptive

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:54 AM

Not on topic, but I love your username and I think it's great that we have a med student on here!
  • hopeworld likes this

Current BMI: 15.07

Height : 5'4" / 163cm / 1.63m

Highest Weight : 98.8lbs / 44.81kg / 7.1 Stone

Start Weight: 97lbs / 43.99kg / 6.9 Stone

Current Weight : 87.8lbs / 39.83kg / 6.3 Stone

Lowest Weight : 86.8lbs / 39.37kg / 6.2 Stone

Goal Weight : 80lbs / 36.28kg / 5.7 Stone

tenor.gif

#10 green.bean

green.bean

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3372 posts
  • LocationYour local pond

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:54 AM

You’re depleting yourself of electrolytes. Can be very dangerous abs lead to heart issues.

#11 hopeworld

hopeworld

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:08 AM

Not on topic, but I love your username and I think it's great that we have a med student on here!

:wub: thank u so much!! i would like to help as much as i can, dm whenever u need, x

• Maladaptive likes this

urowp3.png

GGNjp3.png

#12 MrsKM2016

MrsKM2016

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 12:00 PM

Coming from a seasoned nurse, this is a recipe for death tbh. You need to stop the diuretics like now. And get some help for the purging also. Like do whatever you have to do. Eat small snacks every couple of hours and then force yourself to keep it down and having someone sit with you or text or call someone to hold you accountable. As others have said, if your potassium levels get low enough, you will literally go into cardiac arrest. You need to stop fucking around.
  • scarydemonscx, skyfishing, Greyish and 1 other like this

#13 Greyish

Greyish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:02 PM

Thank you

Yeah I'm pretty fkn scared at the moment esp. because I had to have a potassium drip last time I was in hosp (didn't realise until I just checked some discharge papers, I was super out of it, never had one in any previous admissions either). If I'm still feeling like this later today I'm going to get my friend to take me into hospital...not gonna be cheap but if it's the difference between life and death I guess you gotta pay the price

how are you today?

• scarydemonscx likes this

#14 ChibiBunny

ChibiBunny

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:38 PM

Are you ok?

I'm literally just a mess at this point:

mess
/mes/

noun

a dirty or untidy state of things or of a place

2. a situation or state of affairs that is confused or full of difficulties.

#15 justanotherzombie

justanotherzombie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3756 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:15 PM

Oh hun, please take care of yourself. You need to increase your potassium intake. Low electrolyites is a one way ticket to heart failure

EDNOS/OSFED

Height 5'2

SW 212 lbs

LW 127

GW 1 190 Reached Sept 20th

GW 2 175

GW 160

GW  150 lbs *new clothes* 

GW 140 Lbs

GW 135 lbs *new clothes*

GW  120 lbs *new bikini*

GW 101 lbs *freedom from fat"

UGW 99 lbs

212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190

189 188 187 186 185 184 183 182 181 180 179178 177 176 175 174 173 172 171 170 169 168 

167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160 159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150 149 148 147 146 

145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 

123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102

101 100 99 

#16 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2811 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

Could also have very low potassium
I absolutely get being broke
I would suggest having your bloods done asap do you have urgent care ? Usually cheaper than er but they may send you to the er...
Debt sucks but death is way worse

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users