Those who b/ p daily and work full-time... how? - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Those who b/ p daily and work full-time... how?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lurkerkramer

lurkerkramer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 10:31 AM

I forgot sometimes how low-functioning I am when I hear people like you guys exist.
But honestly how do you do it? Have the energy?
  • congresstart likes this

#2 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5705 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 02:17 PM

i wanna know too..

bump ;D

5'5 | probably around 136-138 rn

#3 nayeons

nayeons

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Locationstaffordshire moorlands, uk

Posted 29 November 2020 - 03:19 PM

when i started working full-time, my bulimia definitely reigned itself the fuck in. my usual goblin hours were 5pm onwards, and when i first started i was put on a lot of closes (usually 5/6pm -1am) so the urges would rear their ugly heads at their usual times then slowly go away throughout the shift. when it got too agonising i'd straight up b/p on my break, i purge at Speed thanks to always having lived with people, the best i probably did was when i ate a whole 11" pizza and 12 onion rings and purged it within 20 minutes, still leaving me 10 minutes for a cigarette. i think my b/p exhaustion takes a few days to build up - i eventually crash during phases, but it kinda gives me more energy and drive than restricting does in a weird way? it's probably more of a psychological thing, and the fact i don't b/p nearly as much when i'm working. 

the current bitch of a manager kept putting me on morning shifts before lockdown 2.0 and at the end i ended up calling in sick for them because i ended up in a mh crisis. me and my friends have told her i should keep to evenings, but NOPE she's a bitch!

i've been in that low functioning time of bulimia though and it really is a constant battle with your own brain. i was at university so it wasn't like i didn't have responsibility, my life revolved around my ED and that was it. i'm getting back there again with lockdown, but generally the fear of calling in sick to work and the fact it was somewhat fun? sometimes? made the b/p demon chill it's beans. sending love and hope you're okay

(new) accountability

loona4.gif

sarah / uk / 22

i used to be umbreon/hoseok

#4 kizel

kizel

hoochie mama

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Locationsix feet under

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:58 AM

At my worst I’d b/p on lunch break. And everyday I’d motivate myself to get through the day by planning a b/p for when I got home.

It was terribly exhausting though as all my life seemed to revolve around work, school, and b/p. I had very little time for anything else.

i eat and puke for sport

Zb9STRv.gif

i remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

stats

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Spoiler

struggling

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Spoiler

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

wondering why i'm still here

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

#5 lurkerkramer

lurkerkramer

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:38 PM

when i started working full-time, my bulimia definitely reigned itself the fuck in. my usual goblin hours were 5pm onwards, and when i first started i was put on a lot of closes (usually 5/6pm -1am) so the urges would rear their ugly heads at their usual times then slowly go away throughout the shift. when it got too agonising i'd straight up b/p on my break, i purge at Speed thanks to always having lived with people, the best i probably did was when i ate a whole 11" pizza and 12 onion rings and purged it within 20 minutes, still leaving me 10 minutes for a cigarette. i think my b/p exhaustion takes a few days to build up - i eventually crash during phases, but it kinda gives me more energy and drive than restricting does in a weird way? it's probably more of a psychological thing, and the fact i don't b/p nearly as much when i'm working.

the current bitch of a manager kept putting me on morning shifts before lockdown 2.0 and at the end i ended up calling in sick for them because i ended up in a mh crisis. me and my friends have told her i should keep to evenings, but NOPE she's a bitch!

i've been in that low functioning time of bulimia though and it really is a constant battle with your own brain. i was at university so it wasn't like i didn't have responsibility, my life revolved around my ED and that was it. i'm getting back there again with lockdown, but generally the fear of calling in sick to work and the fact it was somewhat fun? sometimes? made the b/p demon chill it's beans. sending love and hope you're okay

Thanks pal hope things get better for you too <3

Yeah University was my only major responsibility before so with going online my b/p has gotten out of control with little “in my way”.

I’m starting full-time work as well this week and I’m freaking out but also REALLY hoping I’ll literally just have no energy to b/p and be forced to dramatically cut down.

I seriously have no idea where the energy comes from for some people here because my fatigue is ridiculous these days
  • Salamander likes this

#6 PeaceoutED

PeaceoutED

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:57 AM

Honestly, I would start grazing two hours before I got off... start veggies, carrots, cabbage. Super slow.
I’d then have a few cups of tea and then sugar free candy. Then with 29 minutes left, I’d start on frozen grapes/fruit and pop corn. I’d have snacks already made for the car ride home and for as soon as I got home.
‘‘Twas no fun

#7 mishmallow

mishmallow

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:35 AM

my schedule varies so I base my days around when I get to b/p

when I work mornings I live off of coffee until I get off and then b/p into the evening 

when I work evenings I will often b/p before work and then not eat anything at work

I usually b/p 1-3 times a day so it feels very doable although I certainly wouldn't recommend it as my whole life revolves around b/ping 

#8 below21

below21

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2648 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:36 AM

i literally even b/p at work lmao

5'6

cw: 125

ugw: 114

accountability

tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif

#9 kevi

kevi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6608 posts
  • LocationSouth

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:01 AM

It’s unfortunately a lot easier now I have to work from home, but I would sometimes or often do the following when I was in office:

- Eat unsafe foods for lunch & purge it.
- I often stayed back late and, after everyone around my desk left, I would have some stuff to snack/binge on at my desk and purge that too. Sometimes I would do it when other people were just in meetings.
- Binge/purge on takeout food in the city before hopping on the train home.

And then I would go home and have a relatively normal evening, but I’d usually purge at dinner too.

It definitely impacts on my productivity, but sometimes it helps the late days with a bit of a binge to fuel you on.

I spent this year as a ghost. ___________________________________

uvCCfHz.png

#10 MmeFate

MmeFate

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:49 AM

I'm curious too..

I'm about every couple weeks on average sometimes longer, maybe a month.. to purge. I just binge once after restricting and freak out. I had hummus on ricecakes (what I deemed to be too much hummus) then I purged yesterday during lunch break (I work from home), then I showered after and I could barely stay awake at my desk for the rest of the day.. even with coffee, half a banana for potassium, whatever. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this shit... not to have this problem, there's no age limit, but to be able to function at peak performance while doing this. I just can't. Exhausting af.

#11 Foxii_Fighter

Foxii_Fighter

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1154 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:17 AM

Ahhh, let me tell you the story of a corporate instructional designer that purged AND C&Sed at work...lmao. 

I figured out purging about 3 years into my career at this place. At first, I would BP before work (stopping at like 3 drive throughs, binging on my 40 minute commute, and then purging it all at work in a private bathroom). I felt so fancy with my little BP kit to fix my face and smell. Then I'd chug a monster, eat my planned intake, and coffee to get me through the rest of my day. 

Then it turned into BPing before AND after work (eating on the commute home and purging at the local CVS so my fiance wouldn't catch wind). 

THEN it turned into BPing and C&Sing before work, during lunch, and after work. Which came with more Monsters and more coffees to keep my energy levels up (because I was training new hires and had to be energetic, after all). But people started getting curious. How many candy bars did I get from the vending machine EVERY DAY. But how was I still shrinking? (At this point, I had gone from 226lbs to 120lbs). 

And then...someone walked in on me purging on my lunch break. And I got pulled into a conference and forced to seek treatment or go on medical leave.  <_<  <_<  <_<

Foxii_Fighter

175 - 174 - 173 - 172 - 171 - 170

169 - 168 - 167 - 166 - 165 - 164 - 163 - 162 - 161 - 160

159 - 158 - 157 - 156 - 155 - 154 - 153 - 152 - 151 - 150

149 - 148 - 147 - 146 - 145 - 144 - 143 - 142 - 141 - 140

139 - 138 - 137 - 136 - 135 - 134 - 133 - 132 - 131 - 130

129 - 128 - 127 - 126 - 125 - 124 - 123 - 122 - 121 - 120

119 - 118 - 117 - 116 - 115 - 114 - 113 - 112 - 111 - 110

109 - 108 - 107 - 106 - 105 - 104 - 103 - 102 - 101 - 100

99 - 98 - 97

Instagram: Foxii_Fighter

0 user(s) are reading this topic