Question - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IceAndFiya

IceAndFiya

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2826 posts
  • LocationBeside the Flying Spaghetti monster

Posted 29 November 2020 - 12:35 PM

so I'm not bulimic, i have an-r but I was thinking about something, and I want to understand. I'm not trying to be rude, mean, or anything, I am genuinely trying to better understand bulimia. So, please don't take this the wrong way.

So I know, or at least I've heard, that a lot of bulimics will run the shower when they purge. But that made me think about how it would be hard to explain having the shower running more than once a day. Do you purge more than once a day? if you do how do you cover up the noises? Again, I am genuinely trying to understand bulimia better.If you are not comfortable answering, that's fine, I totally understand. 

thank in advance.

Let Me Die

Lw: 99 (BMI 16.5)

Hw: 185 (BMI 30.8)

SW: 173.6 (BMI 28.9)

CW: 164.6 (BMI 27.4)

Gw1: 125 (BMI 20.5)

Gw2: 100 (BMI 16.6)

Ugw: 90 (BMI 15.0)

Height: 5'5"

waist: 31in

hips: 45in 

bust: 35in

pwdMm4.png

22 years old

Currently working on getting a MD and PHD in emergency medicine 

R E L A P S I N G

accountability 

Diagnosed depression, anxiety, dyslexia,  ADHD, OCD, PTSD, bipolar 2 traits, borderline and anorexia (w/ orthorexiaa), schizophrenia, alexithymia

Diagnosed Ibs-m, orthostatic hypotention and NF1

self-harm (cutting, scratching) Days clean: 2

Last sh date: 3/1/20

On vyvanse 50 Paxil CR 50mg, ablify 15mg, lamictal 150mg am and 150mg pm, Trazadone 300mg, ambien 5mg

♡03/14/19♡

~Take my hand and give me a reason to start again~

My silence is my loudest cry for help

3bb897934668794ec5295cab77e5a09a6f53bc76

oh i wish that i could fly

way up in the sky

like a bird so high

oh i might just try

oh i might just try

#2 activecheesecake

activecheesecake

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3849 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 29 November 2020 - 01:15 PM

I think that a lot of people that live with parents or roommates don’t really care about them or pay attention to them unfortunately so they don’t need to explain anything. Or they just wait till people are out of the house since not a lot of people are inside all the time or at least before COVID. Most people that live with others just purge in a bag or bucket in their room I think though.
  • BulimicMindd and IceAndFiya like this

BODY CHECKS

ACCOUNTABILITY

d36n1jf-d3d52540-c083-4358-baec-16390bcd

SW: 165lbs CW: 105 (BMI 16.7)

Last weigh in: 2020/12/23

#3 nayeons

nayeons

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Locationstaffordshire moorlands, uk

Posted 29 November 2020 - 04:02 PM

i'm a quiet purger so generally will just do it when family are downstairs or in the next room with no issue (there's also a fan in our bathroom that comes on when the light comes on, so that partially masks the noise). when i lived in my old house though my brother was super tuned in to me purging and the bathroom was next to his room, so i used to fake shower. i'd turn the shower on, purge, then wrap my hair up like it had just been washed in a towel. i only used to do this once a day so it didn't seem ~suspicious~ like you mentioned though!

• IceAndFiya likes this

(new) accountability

loona4.gif

sarah / uk / 22

i used to be umbreon/hoseok

#4 BulimicMindd

BulimicMindd

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1715 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:00 AM

Lmao I live in a small house and my mum knows I *used* to have bulimia, so I purge into a bag in my room then empty it into the toilet when no ones home or everyone else is distracted
Fucking gross I know but desperate times call for desperate measures I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • IceAndFiya likes this

#5 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6155 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:07 AM

it honestly really depends on the time. there’s been times where i binge as soon as i get home without even thinking whilst my family are still home so i have to do the “shower trick” & purge in the toilet.

then there’s times where i’m b/p in the bin in my room, i double bag it (so there’s a bag already in the bin & i get a separate one to throw up in) so it’s not suspicious when i throw it out.

i use my hands so it’s very messy when doing it in my room, i find it easier in the bathroom as i can just run water & rinse my hand every now & then.

i purge around twice sometimes 3 times a day, all depends what my family are doing & if they are around (i have to plan it in my head lmao)
  • IceAndFiya likes this

mini-graphics-bats-439012.gif

134.2 lbs / bmi 22.2

thinspo dump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users