Restriction Harder With Lower BMIs? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Restriction Harder With Lower BMIs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 miniball

miniball

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:00 PM

I read somewhere that low restricting gets harder to maintain once you reach lower bmi points/become underweight. Does anyone know if this is true, or have experience with this themselves?

I feel like my low restricting is catching up with me, and it's getting harder to stick to my calorie limits, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm in the underweight range, because I've been low-mid restricting for going on five months (averaging out at 565 a day, ignoring exercise), or because I'm just losing my willpower. I feel like I'm permanently on the edge of binging, despite having never been a binger before. Honestly I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Height: 173 cm/ 5'8

SW: 68.7kg/151.5lbs  BMI 23 (Aug 2020)

GW1 60kg/132.3lb  BMI 20

GW2 55.5kg/122.4lb  BMI 18.5

GW3 52.5kg/115.7lb  BMI 17.5

GW4 50kg/110.2lb  BMI 16.7

UGW 48.7kg/107.4lb  BMI 16.3 (20kg lost)

CW 48.3kg/106.4 BMI 16.1

#2 Ailee

Ailee

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 01:48 AM

i think it’s harder to have a large caloric deficit for a long period of time when you already lost a fair amount of weight because your body is more tired but it could be easier for someone starting at a low weight already

#3 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12140 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:04 AM

Sure is. Lower the weight, the harder low restricting can get. You get to the point where it becomes maintenance, gain or death.
  • nonetheless98 and Not vibing bro like this

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

tumblr_mnq9nnGReQ1s5bnmao1_500.gif

ask me stuff

accountability/pics

#4 Bionicle

Bionicle

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:25 AM

Definitely true. I can barely get out of bed when I'm low restricting at bmi <16. I also constantly have that sore muscles feeling you get when you've been working out except that I never work out lol, so it's kinda like I can feel my body breaking down my muscles.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Emilyxo

Emilyxo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:00 AM

My weight loss just slows down loads, I’m low restricting to the same amount but physical effects are worse and my weight loss is much slower currently at bmi 16.5 than say like even 19s
Once again on my road to self destruction 🤦‍♀️

#6 nonetheless98

nonetheless98

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:38 AM

Oh yes. It's been so hard for me to lose the past 2 weeks especially, I've been yo-yoing up and down the same kg. I have to fast almost twice as long as I did before to see results from it and I have to stay below 400 calories a day for like a week before my weight starts dropping again. It's super annoying.

CW: 41.3kg

SW: 66kg 

GW 1: 50kg

GW 2: 44kg

UGW: 40kg

UK  🌸 152.8cm 🌸 

giphy.gif

#7 chloelolikc

chloelolikc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:54 AM

This is so true (at least for me)

I have to eat at least 1200 otherwise my body freaks out and I will have a massive binge. 

I've just had to settle with maintaining 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users