Puking blood and honestly I have no idea what to do - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Puking blood and honestly I have no idea what to do

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 laracroftswhore

laracroftswhore

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:51 PM

I haven't posted in years nor have I checked this site in so long, yet when this happened the first place I thought to turn to is you guys since only one person knows about my ed and I don't want to scare them.
And idk its not streaks its alot of blood id say at first it was dark but then it appeared brighter. Honestly I have no idea what to do yet I don't feel scared I knew after years this would happen sooner or later. I guess I just wanna know if its a big deal can I ignore this or will I eventually die if I do and what precautions should I take?
It's honestly hilarious I remember joining when I was 15/16 and I remember seeing similar stuff but I never really thought about it seriously and now here I am an idiot 20 year old.
  • BulimicMindd likes this

#2 nayeons

nayeons

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Locationstaffordshire moorlands, uk

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:57 PM

i joined when i was 17 and i'm still here now as a 22 year old, i miss being so naive towards my eating disorder - i think most of the non-teens here do.

i've been bulimic for 4 years yet i've never purged blood - afaik purging blood is the point where you have to seek medical attention. the dark blood signifies an old wound/old blood and the fresh stuff means that it's open again. as much as it's horrible going to doctors about ED shit, this is the point where it definitely needs to be done. 

i'm not sure where you live, but in the UK i'd ring 111 and at least get some guidence on what to do. if your GP is closed atm definitely ring whatever non-emergency but crucial line you have in your country. purging blood isn't a good thing but it needs to be looked at at least.

sending all my best wishes and please keep us updated <3

(new) accountability

loona4.gif

sarah / uk / 22

i used to be umbreon/hoseok

#3 ded ♡

ded ♡

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2218 posts
  • Locationrelapsing brb x

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:58 PM

You have to go the hospital now. Like seriously go now. Vomiting blood is a medical emergency 

If you're in the UK call 111

• nayeons likes this

wTz7noj.gif

Yrc4W4e.gif 甘いものが食べたいだけ owbIL6H.gif

wTz7noj.gif

#4 laracroftswhore

laracroftswhore

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:24 PM

i joined when i was 17 and i'm still here now as a 22 year old, i miss being so naive towards my eating disorder - i think most of the non-teens here do.

i've been bulimic for 4 years yet i've never purged blood - afaik purging blood is the point where you have to seek medical attention. the dark blood signifies an old wound/old blood and the fresh stuff means that it's open again. as much as it's horrible going to doctors about ED shit, this is the point where it definitely needs to be done. 

i'm not sure where you live, but in the UK i'd ring 111 and at least get some guidence on what to do. if your GP is closed atm definitely ring whatever non-emergency but crucial line you have in your country. purging blood isn't a good thing but it needs to be looked at at least.

sending all my best wishes and please keep us updated <3

I miss being naive too I really thought that I'll be happy once I reached my goal weight but that wasn't the case lmao

Honestly I don't think I'm going to seek medical attention I mostly was curious on how serious it is but judging on ur reply and ded's reply it really seems urgent which makes me wonder if this will kill me.

Thanks for the good wishes tho :)

#5 laracroftswhore

laracroftswhore

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:27 PM

You have to go the hospital now. Like seriously go now. Vomiting blood is a medical emergency 

If you're in the UK call 111

A medical emergency? damn. So this could potentially kill me if I ignore it?
  • ded ♡ likes this

#6 redtree

redtree

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1569 posts
  • LocationA little farm

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:29 PM

The potential is definitely there if you don't take action. Please seek help OP. Be safe. <3

HHw5Edu.gif

#7 hopeworld

hopeworld

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:39 PM

Hey

Dark blood on vomit meaning there is an active bleeding in stomach or beginning of intestines

Bright red blood on vomit meaning there is an active bleeding in oesophagus or lungs (in ur case probably oesophagus)

you probably ripped your tissues on your GI tract due to vomiting, the best treatment for this to STOP, all GI tract has regeneration ability so when you stop damaging it, it starts to heal itself but it will take time. By the time you can start using some protectors that your doctor will prescribe. 

It can be really serious. I will recommend you to see a doctor very soon. 

They will probably ask you to have an endoscopy, it is extremely necessary to see ur current condition and prevent from worse.

stay safe

• paleking likes this

MD Intern - DM for medical advice

urowp3.png

GGNjp3.png

original.gif d6b08cb978bf8d296c1d85fae3ab32dfd7da2f35

#8 thestarvationprincess

thestarvationprincess

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Locationprobably bent over my toilet

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:05 PM

Hun, I strongely advise you to go to the doctor and at least get a check up. Puking up blood is not a good sign, it could be very dangerous

female | 23 

tumblr_n6v3sic5fC1svlodgo1_500.gif

#9 whatsthename

whatsthename

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1569 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:24 PM

Definitely go to the hospital now. Sending lots of love. Please take care
  • ded ♡ likes this

#10 ded ♡

ded ♡

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2218 posts
  • Locationrelapsing brb x

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:58 PM

Yes, It is a definite possibility. I hope you've sought out medical attention <3 

wTz7noj.gif

Yrc4W4e.gif 甘いものが食べたいだけ owbIL6H.gif

wTz7noj.gif

#11 drifting.butterfly19

drifting.butterfly19

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDrinking coffee & subconsciously calculating the calories in a grape

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

I had the same experience 2 weeks ago. Ive seen 2 other people with the same threads in the last few days (so I am reposting my response here) - but my heart breaks for yall. I have been purging only since 2017, mostly just bp otherwise it didnt feel "worth it" or whatever (ed logic). Anyways my binging / purging got so intense and often this year and escalated. I was throwing up drops (tiny bits so I thought it was a tiny throat scratch and wasnt worried) of blood all summer daily, but then I purged a few handfuls of blood 2 weeks ago. Anyways I ended up going to ER from passing out from purging & blood and they said it was a Mallory Weiss tear.

I never went back to the doctors following that night to seek treatment, but basically its just a tear in the esophagus and it can range from severe to minor. If minor its supposed to heal by itself (assuming you stop purging), but if major it can need intervention. The worst possible thing you could do is KEEP purging. I would tell you to go to doctors asap if you can, especially if you cannot stop purging.

I stopped purging cold turkey (hardest thing I have ever done) and am hoping ill survive. I know how awful it is  :(((( Sending you so much love. <3 

• redtree and hopeworld like this

#12 laracroftswhore

laracroftswhore

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:13 AM

I had the same experience 2 weeks ago. Ive seen 2 other people with the same threads in the last few days (so I am reposting my response here) - but my heart breaks for yall. I have been purging only since 2017, mostly just bp otherwise it didnt feel "worth it" or whatever (ed logic). Anyways my binging / purging got so intense and often this year and escalated. I was throwing up drops (tiny bits so I thought it was a tiny throat scratch and wasnt worried) of blood all summer daily, but then I purged a few handfuls of blood 2 weeks ago. Anyways I ended up going to ER from passing out from purging & blood and they said it was a Mallory Weiss tear.

I never went back to the doctors following that night to seek treatment, but basically its just a tear in the esophagus and it can range from severe to minor. If minor its supposed to heal by itself (assuming you stop purging), but if major it can need intervention. The worst possible thing you could do is KEEP purging. I would tell you to go to doctors asap if you can, especially if you cannot stop purging.

I stopped purging cold turkey (hardest thing I have ever done) and am hoping ill survive. I know how awful it is  :(((( Sending you so much love. <3

I'm so glad you're better now, being able to stop purging is such a great achievement I hope you're treating yourself better now :)

For me it wasn't drops of blood one day followed by handfuls the next, it was sudden handfuls of blood last night and I definitely think its from my stomach because I was in alot of pain when I ate. I wonder if that's somehow worse.

#13 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5885 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:19 AM

this is literally my biggest fear
i hope ur okay this is scary

mini-graphics-bats-439012.gif

136.4 lbs / bmi 22.7

[updating this every monday]

#14 drifting.butterfly19

drifting.butterfly19

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDrinking coffee & subconsciously calculating the calories in a grape

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:47 AM

I'm so glad you're better now, being able to stop purging is such a great achievement I hope you're treating yourself better now :)

For me it wasn't drops of blood one day followed by handfuls the next, it was sudden handfuls of blood last night and I definitely think its from my stomach because I was in alot of pain when I ate. I wonder if that's somehow worse.

Thank you so much. I have no idea how I stopped, I havent gone this long without binge purge probably this year. I hope things start to get better with my mental health because bp was my way to cope and now i kinda dont know what to do to feel okay : ((

Anyways - that really doesnt sound good! You should definitely see a doctor asap if u can. It is most likely some kind of tear in stomach or esophagus, and if you were in pain while eating, there is probably something wrong. I googled a lot when it happened to me, and it all seemed really bad / serious. 

I really hope you feel better & are able to see a doctor! I am so so sorry that this happened to you : ((

• laracroftswhore likes this

#15 laracroftswhore

laracroftswhore

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:05 PM

Thank you so much. I have no idea how I stopped, I havent gone this long without binge purge probably this year. I hope things start to get better with my mental health because bp was my way to cope and now i kinda dont know what to do to feel okay : ((

Anyways - that really doesnt sound good! You should definitely see a doctor asap if u can. It is most likely some kind of tear in stomach or esophagus, and if you were in pain while eating, there is probably something wrong. I googled a lot when it happened to me, and it all seemed really bad / serious. 

I really hope you feel better & are able to see a doctor! I am so so sorry that this happened to you : ((

Thank you you're so sweet :( I hope you manage to stop bp and find a better coping mechanism, you deserve to treat yourself better (if only I followed that lmao)
  • drifting.butterfly19 likes this

#16 sqrrlgrrl

sqrrlgrrl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2818 posts
  • LocationSqrrlCentral

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:21 PM

Just take a break from purging. Let your body heal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users