Nose profusely bleeding while purging...? - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Nose profusely bleeding while purging...?

Bloody nose Purge SOS

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Crystal Visions

Crystal Visions

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:15 PM

Hello, all. Question for ya. Basically it's in the title, but today I was purging and was towards the end when all of a sudden, I saw huge amounts of blood dropping into the toilet into my purge and on the seat. Leaned up and looked into the mirror and saw my left nostril was just pouring out blood. In over 20 years of purging, this is the first time I've had this happen. Anyone ever experience this? I've been scared to see a doctor for the past five years of my life and have been a worrywart about my health in general and this put my anxiety over the edge. I will also mention that I had a few drinks a few hours before this happened. Felt like I was gonna faint after the purge. Finally able to breathe again and feel a little normal but I can't stop thinking about the blood coming out of my nose. Weird. Is it weird?

Okay. That is all. Anyone?

tumblr_mqp0qola3M1su4cb8o1_400.gif

Perpetually lost.

#2 hopeworld

hopeworld

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:23 PM

Purging pressures your whole body, especially vessels.
high blood pressure can easily cause nose bleed, in severe cases it can cause bleeding in EYE or BRAIN. 
you should simply cut it down/off. idk what to tell ya

MD Intern - DM for medical advice

urowp3.png

GGNjp3.png

original.gif d6b08cb978bf8d296c1d85fae3ab32dfd7da2f35

#3 Crystal Visions

Crystal Visions

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:39 PM

high blood pressure can easily cause nose bleed, in severe cases it can cause bleeding in EYE or BRAIN.

Yeah, I know. It was probably silly for me to even ask lol. Just thought I'd get someone else's opinion since I am pretty much isolated in my ED world. I've popped many eye & throat vessels before, it's just new to the nose. Thanks though. Probably should get over myself and see a doctor.

Perpetually lost.

#4 hopeworld

hopeworld

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, I know. It was probably silly for me to even ask lol. Just thought I'd get someone else's opinion since I am pretty much isolated in my ED world. I've popped many eye & throat vessels before, it's just new to the nose. Thanks though. Probably should get over myself and see a doctor.

i understand it is scary. but these will continue to happen with constant purging, be careful 
stay safe x

• Crystal Visions likes this

urowp3.png

GGNjp3.png

#5 Crystal Visions

Crystal Visions

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:48 PM

i understand it is scary. but these will continue to happen with constant purging, be careful
stay safe x

Oh, I am tryin 🙁❤️

Thank you.
  • hopeworld likes this

Perpetually lost.

#6 Sad Goddess

Sad Goddess

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:22 PM

this literally just happened to me for the first time. absolutely terrifying. i also had a couple drinks a couple hours ago, weird coincidence i guess?? cuz im not sure thatd have something to do with it. i’m sorry youre going thru this as well as anxiety on top of it, i’m feeling incredibly numb so i cant say i’m too worried right now. i ultimately hope we’re okay tho

5'6"

HW:158

CW: 111.4

GW1:120

GW2:115

GW3:111

UGW: 101

#7 Crystal Visions

Crystal Visions

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:27 PM

this literally just happened to me for the first time. absolutely terrifying. i also had a couple drinks a couple hours ago, weird coincidence i guess?? cuz im not sure thatd have something to do with it. i’m sorry youre going thru this as well as anxiety on top of it, i’m feeling incredibly numb so i cant say i’m too worried right now. i ultimately hope we’re okay tho

Isn't it just such a weird thing? What a coincidence, for sure. Man please lend me some of that numbness. to be honest I was very numb while it was happening and then it happened and then I lost all of the numb. So annoying. Trying to tell myself it was just a broken vessel and alcohol thins the blood, yadayada....not googling too much.
  • Sad Goddess likes this

Perpetually lost.

#8 Sad Goddess

Sad Goddess

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:50 PM

Isn't it just such a weird thing? What a coincidence, for sure. Man please lend me some of that numbness. to be honest I was very numb while it was happening and then it happened and then I lost all of the numb. So annoying. Trying to tell myself it was just a broken vessel and alcohol thins the blood, yadayada....not googling too much.

avoiding google is def helping me stay numb to it, tho i wish i could lend u some ! i think we’ll be fine as long as we slow down on the purging for a little bit, and maybe avoid alcohol with it next time? just know ur not alone!

5'6"

HW:158

CW: 111.4

GW1:120

GW2:115

GW3:111

UGW: 101

#9 Crystal Visions

Crystal Visions

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 29 November 2020 - 10:00 PM

avoiding google is def helping me stay numb to it, tho i wish i could lend u some ! i think we’ll be fine as long as we slow down on the purging for a little bit, and maybe avoid alcohol with it next time? just know ur not alone!

That helps a shit ton, tbh, thank you very much lol. I've been hoping to ease away from purging for a little bit anyway and this is a good helpful prod in a better direction 😬

Perpetually lost.

#10 Holiday

Holiday

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1162 posts
  • Locationin bed

Posted 29 November 2020 - 11:43 PM

This happens to me from time to time, I usually just stick a tissue up my nose and carry on (probably not the answer ur looking for, I know my priorities are pretty fucked up lol)

30-rock30-rock-quotestracy-morganperfect

8c8dda85d4a835dd462949824d7446bd.jpg

Height: 5'6

Weight: 95lbs

BMI: 15.3

AN b/p

Spoiler

dc1b0b6926bce8d027dae9d28dcbbd9d.jpg

#11 NoFlyBy

NoFlyBy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3880 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:19 AM

That happens to me every time I purge the day after drinking+partying, it's probably terrible in terms of health. But likely caused by the pressure exerted by purging.
dunno

Pics of me n my cat n plants and also lots of ED- and life-related outpourings and diatribes

There was a gas strike, oil strike, lorry strike, bread strike
Got to be a Superman to survive
Gas bills, rent bills, tax bills, phone bills
I'm such a wreck but I'm staying alive

mWenfkV.gif

~

B8FWmJZ.gif

Doesn't matter where I've been. Only where I am, and where I'm going. Losing until I like how I look and feel satisfied.

Car enthusiast
Obsessed with walking
An island, sometimes paradise, sometimes deserted
My cat and my car are the only entities I'll ever truly trust and rely upon lol

Spoiler

5.6.5-5'7 🌼 HW 156.6 🌼 LW 112 🌼 CW 112 🌼 GW 106 🌼 UGW 97 🌼

🌼 16.9 🌼

🌼⭐🌼

🌼

1/13 112

What a shame, until my CW is always my LW/UGW.

AYO NOW IT FUCKING IS

nU14Dpl.png

#12 LifeInTheDark

LifeInTheDark

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPalace of Versailles

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:23 AM

This is starting to happen every time i purge now, i saw some black blood in the toilet and on the seat so i’m hoping it just was from my nose, but it scared the shit out of me. Its got worse after putting an unknown powder up my nose which wasn’t smart...i used to get popped blood vessels around my eyes but that went away after i got “better” at it lmao

You only hear the music when your heart begins to break..

.tumblr_mwyxulq2S61qgy1evo2_250.gif 91eadfaf6390be1a6a335e03c1976917.jpg DF9-B9609-D16-C-4509-8484-6-FA31-C8325-D These, our bodies, possessed by light...
my thinspo/bonespo https://www.myproana...inspobonespo-3/

my accountabilityhttps://www.myproana.../#entry73804215

my ballet thinspo https://www.myproana...llet-thinspo-3/

Lw: 64.5 lbs/BMI of 10.6 - CW:174- GW 1: 160 GW 2: 130 GW 3: 115 Gw 4: 105 UGW: 105

My body goals:

Spoiler

#13 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6155 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:38 AM

in the eye?????? no way. what so you could be purging and all of a sudden ur eye starts bleeding?!?!?!?

mini-graphics-bats-439012.gif

134.2 lbs / bmi 22.2

thinspo dump

#14 Crystal Visions

Crystal Visions

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:41 AM

This happens to me from time to time, I usually just stick a tissue up my nose and carry on (probably not the answer ur looking for, I know my priorities are pretty fucked up lol)

I feel this. I think I probably would have done this too if it were any other day maybe. I've been in a weird health anxiety as I mentioned so it was more or less another fun intrusive thought to stay on my mind for hours lmao. I think I feel better about it now. Well maybe just a little 🤷‍♀️

Perpetually lost.

#15 Crystal Visions

Crystal Visions

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:46 AM

That happens to me every time I purge the day after drinking+partying, it's probably terrible in terms of health. But likely caused by the pressure exerted by purging.

I was thinking about it earlier and realized the last week has been more drink heavy for me. It is most definitely probably something having to do with that.

Perpetually lost.

#16 Crystal Visions

Crystal Visions

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:48 AM

This is starting to happen every time i purge now, i saw some black blood in the toilet and on the seat so i’m hoping it just was from my nose, but it scared the shit out of me. Its got worse after putting an unknown powder up my nose which wasn’t smart...i used to get popped blood vessels around my eyes but that went away after i got “better” at it lmao

Man, my whole face becomes one giant "petechiae" if I purge after ~unknown powder lol.
  • LifeInTheDark likes this

Perpetually lost.

#17 hopeworld

hopeworld

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:08 AM

in the eye?????? no way. what so you could be purging and all of a sudden ur eye starts bleeding?!?!?!?

lol not like in the animes. imagine how satainc that would be hahah.
When your eye bleed you will see red spots or you can see red area in the white area for couple days-to a week. If the bleeding is severe the whole white area can turn into red. 

urowp3.png

GGNjp3.png

#18 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6155 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:13 AM

lol not like in the animes. imagine how satainc that would be hahah.
When your eye bleed you will see red spots or you can see red area in the white area for couple days-to a week. If the bleeding is severe the whole white area can turn into red.

isn’t the that just pink eye though? i have it right now & my eye is bloodshot

mini-graphics-bats-439012.gif

134.2 lbs / bmi 22.2

thinspo dump

#19 hopeworld

hopeworld

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:41 AM

isn’t the that just pink eye though? i have it right now & my eye is bloodshot

no, pink eye caused by an infection which can be totally natural, but bleeding spots always has a "bad" reason behind it, pink eye can be on the outside of the eyeball whereas bleeding is always on the inside.
and if you have an infection it will hurt, you might have fever, but if its only bleeding there will be no hurt in the eyeball nor fever caused by solely from that

urowp3.png

GGNjp3.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bloody nose, Purge, SOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users