Feeling fatter the more weight you lose - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Feeling fatter the more weight you lose

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Fitskiny

Fitskiny

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:58 PM

Sorry to hijack this thread but my dysmorphia has been bad lately - are any of you on medication directly linked to your body dysmorphia? I take Effexor for my depression and go through periods of time where I'm on mood stabilizers and antipsychotics but none really have ever helped with my body dysmorphia

Are you sure theres a way to get medicines for body dysmorphia? I also struggle bad, for as long as i can remember, with my body and my skin also. I dont think you can get medicines, but there has to be anything one can do about it? I do think anorexic body dysmporhia is something else than regular BDD, and many can see how ill they looked once theyve reovered or even gained weight back.

x

#22 chocolatewaif

chocolatewaif

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:07 PM

I got to my lw and I really didn't see it, though I did notice how my clothes were super big on me. But looking at the scale versus my body it was a challenge to see a difference. I'm top heavy and I noticed my breasts were much lighter so that was my biggest indicator. Then my waist was a little more cinched but my actual stomach looked huge. 

Now my weight is up after Thanksgiving plus some family birthdays before than and I can see the gain and I'm really like fuck! 

I wanna be special. So fucking special.

Height: 5'5"

Current: 121.5 | Start: 142 | Goal: 120 Ultimate: 110

#23 tove lo

tove lo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:59 PM

Are you sure theres a way to get medicines for body dysmorphia? I also struggle bad, for as long as i can remember, with my body and my skin also. I dont think you can get medicines, but there has to be anything one can do about it? I do think anorexic body dysmporhia is something else than regular BDD, and many can see how ill they looked once theyve reovered or even gained weight back.

No I have no idea if it's actually a thing unfortunately. I thought my body dysmorphia went away in high school but apparently not haha, ugh :(
Hope you're doing alright :)

#24 gorls

gorls

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:32 PM

YES im at a 3 year LW and it feels like i can GRAB more fat and i look huge its insane

#25 HippieBear

HippieBear

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationImaginationland

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:07 PM

Body dysmorphia is hell. I have lost 40 pounds in the last four months and I feel like I look more disgusting and huge than I did before the weight loss, though everyone around me is alarmed by the change in the way I look.

HW: 325

LW: 140

CW: 160

CW: 155
CW: 150

CW: 145

(post treatment): 165-  soooo disgusted, but that's what happens when you can't purge and are being forced to eat and not work out.

GW: 130
UGW: 123.7

5'9"

Diagnosed: Bipolar, Anxious, Bulimic- not always in that order.

Hospitalized, now in outpatient.

#26 etherealsewage

etherealsewage

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:15 PM

I noticed this in action. I felt really content and thin when I lost my recovery weight, I was about 110-111. I felt like I had done something right, I was energetic, thin and fit. But I recently lost 5 pounds, only 5 pounds, and suddenly, I feel huge. The fat just hangs off me. I’m terrified of gaining. That’s my breaking point, under 107 and my brain starts to get all wonky.

5'3.5, AN 
Stats: HW: 138 lbs
       LW: 97 lbs
       SW: approx. 125 lbs
       CW: 105 lbs (as of 12/20) 
       GW Range: 100-105 lbs 
       UGW (in my DREAMS): 95 lbs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users