Love hate relationship with "what I eat in a day" videos - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Love hate relationship with "what I eat in a day" videos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Violet Pizza

Violet Pizza

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:02 AM

I watch them regularly as it's nice to know I'm not the only one struggling however that being said at the same time i can't stand some of the ones I watch sometimes because of the way they edit shit to make it look cute and aesthetically pleasing. I deadass watched one where they put sparkle effects over the food they were binging on like why? There's nothing cute about starving yourself til you pass out or binging until it physically hurts to. Having an ED sucks arse and I hate how some of these videos make it as if having one is pretty. I just want to see one which is raw and shows just how hard it is living with one. I know everyone has their own way of coping and I don't want to sound like I'm gate keeping having an ED but some of these videos ain't it /:
HW: 100kg🐷
CW: 98.0kg🐷
GW1: 80kgπŸ₯‰πŸ”’
GW2: 70kgπŸ₯ˆπŸ”’
UGW: 60kgπŸ₯‡πŸ”’

blk-weight.png

#2 gothlic

gothlic

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:46 AM

I mean yeah. It's not exactly appropriate. But like you said, everyone copes differently. ED's are so powerful that they can turn into a complete aesthetic for some people. It's just part of the illness. 

• gaslit likes this

tumblr_inline_ppkbetWzFP1w9zo5r_250.png

𝕬𝖓𝖉 π–Žπ–‹ π–’π–ž π–π–Šπ–†π–—π–™ π–π–šπ–˜π–™ π–˜π–™π–”π–•π–˜, π–•π–†π–ˆπ– π–’π–ž π–’π–Šπ–’π–”π–—π–Žπ–Šπ–˜ π–Žπ–“ π–Žπ–™β€”
𝕴 π–œπ–†π–“π–“π–† π–π–“π–”π–œ 𝖆𝖑𝖑 π–™π–π–Š π–‘π–”π–›π–Š 𝕴'π–›π–Š π–Œπ–”π–™ 

tumblr_inline_ppkbetWzFP1w9zo5r_250.png

23 . She/Her 
SW: 193 lbs
CW: 182.3 lbs
LW: 115 lbs
UGW: 100 lbs

82.3 lbs to go. . . 

tumblr_inline_ppkbkjpGGf1w9zo5r_75sq.png tumblr_inline_ppkaa6883K1w9zo5r_75sq.png tumblr_inline_ppkbkjpGGf1w9zo5r_75sq.png

180 / 170 / 160 / 150 / 140 / 130 / 120 / 110 / 100!

#3 CoralUnderwood

CoralUnderwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 01:00 AM

I can’t imagine making one knowing you are recruiting people for EDs. That being said I’ll admit to watching them at low points and being pissed when my favorite accounts get banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users