How to get skinny thighs... help! - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to get skinny thighs... help!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Arianah

Arianah

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:29 AM

How do people get skinny thighs? Like what workouts help or like what bmi did you notice you getting skinny thighs.
Cause I’m at a lowish bmi but I can’t see any improvement on my thighs yet, they are still fat and disgusting so I guess I just wanna know how other people do it ?

original.jpg

#2 The Loony

The Loony

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3529 posts
  • LocationArea 51

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:43 AM

Wanna know too
  • Arianah likes this
Still alive. Sorry 'bout dat.

#3 DistressedOrange

DistressedOrange

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1876 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:54 AM

Bmi 15 atm and I definitely see a difference from my highest but they're still not sticks :/ I think if you store fat primarily in your thighs like I definitely do that's just the last place you lose
  • Arianah and aluminé like this
"It's a very Greek idea, and a very profound one.

Beauty is terror.

Whatever we call beautiful, we quiver before it. And what could be more terrifying and beautiful, to souls like the Greeks or our own, than to lose control completely?"

-Donna Tartt, The Secret History

Click click for ~lyrics~

Spoiler

Accountability:

https://www.myproana...key-yes-really/

Body chek
https://www.myproana...ve-body-checks/

157cm/5'2"

Yikes

#4 Arianah

Arianah

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:12 AM

Bmi 15 atm and I definitely see a difference from my highest but they're still not sticks :/ I think if you store fat primarily in your thighs like I definitely do that's just the last place you lose

😭😭😭 when I was high 15 I saw no difference, 16-17 now and they just look absolutely horrible (no body dysmorphia here)

original.jpg

#5 Ket

Ket

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:23 AM

Its a lot to do with genetics. My fathers half of the family are all obese or morbidly obese but they have these tiny little stick legs out from their massive guts. Compared to my mother's half of the family who are are at average ish weights a few portlier a few slimmer and they all have massive massive thighs. Neither side of the family exercises. Mum and dad eat the same foods but obv diffrent portions. But yeah your legs are what they are. I got mothers thunder thighs. 20lb loss and not a fraction of an inch off them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#6 colderbodies

colderbodies

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationA daydream

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:31 AM

As most of you probably know, you can't target weight loss. The only way to give your thighs a slimmer appearance would be through exercise, but not cardio. You would probably have to do resistance and weight training to turn any of the fat into lean muscle (but don't @ me I'm not a personal trainer and I have a cripplingly huge fear of gaining muscle). 

• Arianah likes this

71a63ae41228296d4abb6421b59938fa.gif

tumblr_ltj4jmVh391ql1l0v.gif  5'2 || CW: 101 || GW1: 100|| GW2: 95 || HW: 132 || 18  tumblr_ltj4jmVh391ql1l0v.gif

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

- George Orwell

#7 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3769 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:14 AM

Cant target or spot reduce but walking/running deff helps both with weight/fat loss and muscle toning
Long/ slow /many reps is better than fast/heavyweight/burst exercise to reduce size overall
  • 2BeThinEnough likes this
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" cw- 113.7

#8 ~Calamity~

~Calamity~

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:51 AM

Hi, so I have the same problem. Somehow I was actually able to spot reduce. I did a bunch of cardio(tried running but hated it so lots of walks). Then I did these ‘plié squat pulses. My thighs are still kind of big but I did get a thigh gap and lost maybe 2 inches in a few weeks. But I did lose all around weight too. So you can try to spot reduce while also trying to overall lose weight.

#9 ᴠᴇʀɪsɪᴍɪʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ

ᴠᴇʀɪsɪᴍɪʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3182 posts
  • Locationstardew valley

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:07 AM

this is my fear, my thighs are literally my biggest insecurity. 

the only thing i can think is by walking and doing leg exercises? i do leg lifts and squats and shit and idk if any of it is going to pay off at all but i'm going to keep at it.

original.gif

tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif 24 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif 5'7 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif ednos tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif ugw: 103 tumblr_lm6pryCe8x1qfoi4t.gif

losertown 10wk challenge

accountability

#10 Chipsahoy_fo_ya_boi

Chipsahoy_fo_ya_boi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2510 posts
  • LocationIn Halsey's pocket

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:13 AM

Lots of people hate to hear this because of looking 'bulky' but that will not happen on restriction or deficit;

do resistance and body weight workouts like squats and lunges. Run or walk up hill.

It made my legs so much leaner. I also store fat there more so naturally.

Trussss

6073e37695210d20fa149b6f7f079a20.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users