Do I Look scary? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Do I Look scary?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Nainsi

Nainsi

Anorexic Leprechaun

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5719 posts
  • LocationDissociating

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:42 AM

Also think you don’t look scary. Ofc one can see your ribs a bit, maybe that’s what terrifies them. I don’t know though. I mean if an AN person tells you you don’t look (too) scary, I don’t really see what your friend is talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Justmyself likes this

"Ana Save Me"

She/Her - 17 y.o

HW: 59kg

LW: 43kg

UGW: 40kg

Accountability

#22 Tyrans

Tyrans

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:02 AM

What is scary is subjective

I don't find you scary

#23 poiuytr

poiuytr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2772 posts
  • LocationState of Denial

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:28 AM

You look fine to me.

• Justmyself likes this

mdJZlzb.gif

cute-anorexic-chicks-thrurscays-o-kdlt-f

My blog:

https://thinandhealt....wordpress.com/

#24 sickfaerie

sickfaerie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationprobably sleeping.

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:51 AM

not at all
  • Justmyself likes this

#25 4everagiraffe

4everagiraffe

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:52 AM

I would say that you look like you have a super low
BF%, which makes you super lean, though not emaciated or scary. I’ve been seeing your posts for a little while now and you are doing so well on your recovery journey, I know BDD can be so difficult to deal with, but my unbiased opinion is that you look like a straight up pro athlete. Distance runners tend to have a very low BF% in general, so I would mention that the next time somebody makes an uncomfortable comment about your weight or body. Best wishes OP.

Sent from my smart refrigerator
  • Justmyself likes this

Our Pain is always accurate and striving to evade it's only design.

Accountability: 

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4100157-accountability-of-an-antisocial-giraffe/

#26 Justmyself

Justmyself

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationHelsinki,Finland

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:24 AM

I'm sorry you are struggling;  I hope you find a good balance! <3 If you are feeling more energetic and strong try to focus on that.  Best wishes!

Yes I am thank you, told you I have been brutally strict with myself on eating these days and thanks to food I have been able to train as I wish, i absolutely love running and when I run everything else doesnt matter.

HW: 60KG. - LW: 48KG. - CW:51KG.

166cm.

GW:50kg.

UGW: 49kg.

I used to think of hunger as the pain, before I got to know recovery.

#27 Justmyself

Justmyself

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:26 AM

You look fit, they don't know what a healthy body looks like

Was thinking the same, they dont know I have my eating disorder and right now my weight is at the low end of the healthy one. So they are just used to see overweight people that a normal weight like those of runners is not normal to them.

166cm.

#28 Justmyself

Justmyself

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:42 AM

I would say that you look like you have a super low
BF%, which makes you super lean, though not emaciated or scary. I’ve been seeing your posts for a little while now and you are doing so well on your recovery journe +, I know BDD can be so difficult to deal with, but my unbiased opinion is that you look like a straight up pro athlete. Distance runners tend to have a very low BF% in general, so I would mention that the next time somebody makes an uncomfortable comment about your weight or body. Best wishes OP.

Sent from my smart refrigerator

My body fat percentage is 4,8 percent, I actually am just above the healthy line of BMI 18,5. I myself try to avoid looking at myself, because I either see myself as fat, or I see too many faults in my body, like fat distribution. Since my smallest running pants fit, I am not so fat so it reassures me, then I get the opposite side of discomfort when people comment on my low weight making me feel like I look a skeleton, compared to before I feel fine, and thanks to recovery and eating right I am able to train as much as I wish, generally when I run I am healthier because eating feels easier. I spend hours running, today I did another 11km. of speed running and another 10 km. of walking about. So I burn a lot of calories, and I am eating about 2500/3000kcal a day to fuel training and my very active lifestyle + undue the damage of past starvation. I gained to 51kg. which i dont wanna gain more, so I find my maintainance to be around 2500ish calories on training days, and dont want to gain more weight. But since now i am at healthy weight, I get so frustrated when those overweight people (because 99 percent its them) who make ugly comments, like skeleton they said,  and I gave them christmas gift which was a piece of red meat i received, they got even more frustrated ahaha they said i should eat it. Ok I put it back in the freezer. Fine. I dont eat red meat, next time what I will say is "Thank you i am on a diet as a matter of fact". I went to their house to eat once, and they eat an insane diet. Its like a completely no carb diet, with different proteins and fats, and looks like they are on weight loss diets, but not very effective. I think people arent used to see runners, I am very involved in the fitness and running community and my favourite athletes are not too far off from my BMI of 18,5-19. My favourite athlete is 20, and many others are in the 18-20 range. The minimum yet healthy weight just about the essentials. But overall thank you for your kind words, I am glad you saw my posts ;) Good I have got a fan ahahah

• 4everagiraffe likes this

166cm.

#29 Justmyself

Justmyself

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:46 AM

Also think you don’t look scary. Ofc one can see your ribs a bit, maybe that’s what terrifies them. I don’t know though. I mean if an AN person tells you you don’t look (too) scary, I don’t really see what your friend is talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still want my collar bones to show, and honestly i am not gaining more weight than this . I have to like myself not others. Others will always judge you no matter what thats my best guess, you are never fine either when you are underweight, fit,, overweight or whatever . I dont care, I cant stand them.

• Nainsi likes this

166cm.

#30 Creamvoid

Creamvoid

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 03:53 PM

No you look athletically lean
  • Justmyself likes this

~✿~⋆(-◕)⋆~✿~

#31 GigiB

GigiB