Was this a good and healthy choice? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Was this a good and healthy choice?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Louise194

Louise194

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:45 PM

So, after a 2 day fast and an hour of pacing anxiously trying to decide what to eat, I finally chose something and I want to know that it was a good choice, because I wanted my first fast breaking meal to be healthy... I had just over half a regular size bowl full of wholewheat pasta with cooked pieces of chicken mixed in it, I'm not sure how many calories it came to but I'm guessing no more than 400? I hope I'm overestimating >.< I didn't put a lot of chicken in, it was like little chunks broken up and mixed in it and I had one slice of wholemeal bread (50 calories) with it! I'm feeling absolutely amazing tbh, and I feel proud of eating it and as a reward I'm having an 8 calorie pot of lemon cheese cake jelly... have I done well? Did I have too much? Was it a healthy choice? It was bloody delicious, I really enjoyed it!

#2 young_wurdsmith

young_wurdsmith

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, Kansas

Posted 30 November 2020 - 01:31 PM

Iā€™m so glad you enjoyed it! Those are the best meals after all that jelly pot sounds lovely!
Truth and starving are my Nindo, my ninja way!

#3 Not vibing bro

Not vibing bro

wildly inappropriate

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 01:47 PM

I think that was an excellent choice :)
nU14Dpl.png

#4 Louise194

Louise194

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 02:39 PM

Thank you very much for your responses guys, I absolutely appreciate it! :) feeling so positive and encouraged! I hope this feeling comes to others out there who are attempting to eat for the first time in a while too! They deserve it and it's absolutely worth it šŸ’Æ! What's helping me massively is writing my own recovery plan, self care plan, meal plan, achievements and challenges that I can look back on when times are tough and my body dysmorphia is flying off the handle a bit! It certainly won't be easy, but I wrote a list of reasons why recovery is so important to me and looking at it just might give me that nudge to keep going!šŸ’•šŸ’–
  • young_wurdsmith likes this

#5 young_wurdsmith

young_wurdsmith

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, Kansas

Posted 30 November 2020 - 02:44 PM

You are amazing, I love the positivity and wish you so much luck with your plan, it sounds like a great idea - wish I was ready for that! stay safe hun!
Truth and starving are my Nindo, my ninja way!

#6 Louise194

Louise194

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:11 PM

Awww thank you so much, that's extremely kind of you! :) it is a great idea for sure, definitely something that seems to be working for me (so far) and I'd recommend it to anyone who is in or considering recovery! And I don't think we are ever ready to enter recovery to be honest! I wasn't ready to eat this meal and the desert afterwards, and I don't feel ready to follow my recovery plan at all! But I know that if I try, it'll be worth it, and my experience today proved that to me! :) you stay safe too! And remember, you're amazing also! šŸ¤—šŸ’•

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users