Eating chalk/clay for weight loss? - Pica Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Eating chalk/clay for weight loss?

edible chalk edible clay weight loss calorie restriction

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 (WannaBeHappy)

(WannaBeHappy)

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:58 PM

Anybody remember when Zoe Kravitz admitted to eating clay to lose like 20lbs? After discovering this forum, I can't help but think about this. I've always had pica tendencies (generally preferring chalk and baby powder) and now that I know about calorie counting, I wanna know if anybody here has used chalk/clay for the purpose of weight loss or to help with calorie restriction. Googling doesn't provide much info.

Would it be a good idea?

#2 Cunterfly

Cunterfly

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10268 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:08 PM

Holy shit

• perfectly_insane likes this

mostly on EDC

#3 wafflenuts

wafflenuts

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts
  • Locationouter space

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:11 PM

Yes! for the road within right? That movie was SO triggering, the scene where they showed her ribs.

I was so confused by that too. I think I also saw a mention that like she got adive from another celeb (I think it was shalene woodley but I can't remember) bc they did it too?

Wasn't she also like running everyday?

She had an e.d. when she was younger so I think it's messed up they let her do that. I'm so confused about the clay. How does it not cause like a bowel obstruction??

• Sherry_Berry and (WannaBeHappy) like this

idk was gonna delete my account but maybe i'll pop on sometimes and mill around, finally losing weight again too woo~

but I had to throw my scale out for now so I can't get another weight for a bit /: hoping I'm bmi 17 by the time I can

CBMI: 18.4     on 6/07/21

GBMI: 14-15s

#4 Sherry_Berry

Sherry_Berry

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Locationyour fantasies

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:19 PM

v bad idea - v likely to cause a bowel obstruction. plz be safe op!

Height: 5'4.75"

CW: 118.8lbs (BMI: 19.9) -  12/1/20

GW1: 115lbs (BMI - 19.3)

GW2: 110lbs (BMI - 18.4)

GW3: 105lbs (BMI - 17.6)

GW4: 100lbs (BMI - 16.8)

GW5: 95lbs (BMI - 15.9)

UGW: 90lbs (BMI - 15.1) Goal by June 13

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind." - A Midsummer Night's Dream

#5 Cupofdisaster

Cupofdisaster

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:29 PM

Eating chalk actually isnt bad at all. Ask teachers in Latvia and they will just say that you'll get your calcium.
Children eat mudd because theres something in there they need.
Cats eat grass because they need some nuttition from grass time to time.
Everything has a reason.
With that beeing said: Dont like the taste, would rather eat a salad.

#6 hibernating

hibernating

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3397 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:32 PM

I never get bored on MPA

I learn new info too, i wasnt aware that eating clay helps you lose weight. It sounds really dangerous tho, even by ED standards
  • wafflenuts likes this
*currently on posting hiatus

#7 xyz

xyz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:35 PM

Yeah.... women in my culture eat a lot of starch, clay, and chalk. No real ill effects from it. And I mean, lots of them get pica and eat these things when pregnant and the woman and baby are fine. Not saying it is harmless.

In the Southern US, there is red clay, and it is edible. I wanna make some kaolin clay cookies lol just out of curiosity

From an interesting article I found:

Though the practice is rarely if ever recommended by medical professionals, some nutritionists now admit the habit of eating clay may have some real health benefits.
"It is possible that the binding effect of clay would cause it to absorb toxins," said Dr. David L. Katz, nutrition expert at the Yale School of Medicine and a medical contributor for ABC News.

But OP, since you say you're new to calorie counting I'm going to assume your ED has newly developed. Please please please reduce harm to your body, one "diet" can turn into decades of eating disorders, and you won't get the "pretty" effects of anorexia you see in the TV shows.

Eating chalk actually isnt bad at all. Ask teachers in Latvia and they will just say that you'll get your calcium.
Children eat mudd because theres something in there they need.
Cats eat grass because they need some nuttition from grass time to time.
Everything has a reason.
With that beeing said: Dont like the taste, would rather eat a salad.

• Cupofdisaster likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: edible chalk, edible clay, weight loss, calorie restriction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users