Science side of MPA - New Forum Request - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Science side of MPA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 journeyerr

journeyerr

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1297 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 December 2020 - 01:24 PM

for those interested in biology, anatomy and kinesiology, nutrition and psychology too

constantly reading about the body and using this info to stay as thin as possible and safe, too

came across this article today: https://www.inverse....unexpected-ways about benefits of fasting and would be great if theres a place to share this type of thing with each other

• √óLucyfer√ó and Dopaminechase like this

#2 rosie_111

rosie_111

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:10 PM

would love this to be a forum!!!!!

#3 teeb83

teeb83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:55 PM

ooooo a place to share peer reviewed studies and statistics, hell yeah!
  • Dopaminechase likes this

#4 teeb83

teeb83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:58 PM

but the thing is, the "fasting" that they do in these studies isn't usually similar to our stuff. many results we'll read about in articles we may not be the audience to benefit from. to make sure everything's clear, we'd need this to be v heavily modded. hmmm, yeah no i retract my "hell yeah"
  • _Deleted_- likes this

#5 xl7

xl7

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6289 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:47 PM

Omg yes I would LOVE THIS

#6 _Deleted_-

_Deleted_-

Advanced Sage

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:59 PM

This would be cool but I'd be scare of people mis-interpreting science as dogma and using it to corner themselves into a bad place mentally.

but the thing is, the "fasting" that they do in these studies isn't usually similar to our stuff. many results we'll read about in articles we may not be the audience to benefit from. to make sure everything's clear, we'd need this to be v heavily modded. hmmm, yeah no i retract my "hell yeah"

^

I'm all for reasoned discussion, and science has a HUGE potential to improve public health & the treatment of psychological disorders, but I feel that the sort of viral 'bro-science' (excuse the gendered term) that thrives in so many weird corners of the internet would have the potential to do more harm than good in this (MPA) environment.

Nothing in nutrition is simple. Nothing in biology is simple. Just as nothing in psychology is simple.

• teeb83 likes this
I am once again requesting that my account be deleted.

Previously RedDeer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users