Today my 4 year old told me to "just eat something" - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Today my 4 year old told me to "just eat something"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Starfiegirl

Starfiegirl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:51 AM

She was cuddling against my stomach and heard it gurgling. Then she announced to everyone in my household I was clearly hungry and needed to eat. I wanted to cry. She said " mom, its okay, just eat something". I did go eat some cereal for her benefit, but like, fuck. What do I even do now that she is cognizant of this shit?
  • Bunniidoll and stkitty like this

5'8"

old AF

HW 180 (pregnant)

LW: 113 (Feb 2017)

CW: 114

#2 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:22 PM

Oh hun, that must have been so hard. I had a similar experience with my little nephew who is 3. We were having a family lunch and he said he had some cheese for himself.. then turned to me and said ' why doesnt auntie have any cheese? Mummy, can you get her some?' It was so awkward for me and confusing for him. My little.girl is now 5 months old and I'm so scared for when she becomes conscious of this.
  • Starfiegirl, Bunniidoll, ClaraMarie and 1 other like this

#3 Starfiegirl

Starfiegirl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:08 PM

Oh hun, that must have been so hard. I had a similar experience with my little nephew who is 3. We were having a family lunch and he said he had some cheese for himself.. then turned to me and said ' why doesnt auntie have any cheese? Mummy, can you get her some?' It was so awkward for me and confusing for him. My little.girl is now 5 months old and I'm so scared for when she becomes conscious of this.

Yes, kids just call you out without even trying, don't they.

5'8"

old AF

HW 180 (pregnant)

LW: 113 (Feb 2017)

CW: 114

#4 Perfection-Obsession

Perfection-Obsession

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:07 PM

She was cuddling against my stomach and heard it gurgling. Then she announced to everyone in my household I was clearly hungry and needed to eat. I wanted to cry. She said " mom, its okay, just eat something". I did go eat some cereal for her benefit, but like, fuck. What do I even do now that she is cognizant of this shit?

Get help..!!?? 

Like get professional help now. Because your baby is absorbing EVERYTHING about your attitude towards food, and how female bodies need to be thin, she's absorbing ALL of it, all of your body hate, all of your restrictive behaviour. ALL of it. and it'll come out in her. 

By the age of.. probably about 7-8 she will no longer bring it up, but will instead start mimicking it. If you don't get help now, you are choosing to throw your daughter into a lifetime of hell. 

• dylanisnolongerdyingsadly, NataliaXx and ClaraMarie like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users