ARFID and OCD? - ARFID - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

ARFID and OCD?

4 replies to this topic

#1 easymind

easymind

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 06 December 2020 - 01:57 AM

i opened this account today because i've been lurking mpa for a while due to BED but seeing the ARFID forum really got me thinking. i'm not diagnosed with ARFID but i am diagnosed with OCD and reading about everyones experiences made me realize how similar i am about food? i'm an EXTREMELY picky eater, and unfortunately a lot of the only things i can eat are fattening/unhealthy. but even being around certain foods makes me so grossed out i want to throw up. i had to quit my first job at diary queen immediately because i couldn't wash the dishes without wanting to die. if i even touch the outside of a mustard or ketchup bottle i have to wash my hands intensely. i only eat cheese pizza, and i can't eat pepperoni pizza with the pepperoni taken off because it still feels tainted.

since getting diagnosed with OCD i always just assumed this was a product of it, but now i'm thinking maybe the two just go hand in hand really well. i was wondering if anyone else here was the same?

• munt likes this

#2 SnowQueen23

SnowQueen23

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 06 December 2020 - 10:21 PM

I don't have OCD but I was told by a doctor that I have obsessive compulsive personality traits, and I am autistic. My autistic traits, particularly the sensory processing and obsessive parts, are absolutely major contributing factors to my issues with food, an overlap with OCD would absolutely make sense.

• Kama I guess and easymind like this

HW: 181

CW: 167.5

LW: 154.9

GW1: 160

GW2: 145

GW3: 125

UGW: 115

#3 space angel

space angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationa galaxy far far away

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:48 PM

As someone who has both ocd “tendencies” according to my doctor and is diagnosed with ARFID, there’s definitely overlap. There was a week where I could only eat stouffers Mac and cheese, lol. I think if your ocd tendencies are mostly or only centered around food like mine are, they give you an arfid diagnosis. My doctor gave me an arfid diagnosis because of this as well as having anorexia. All of them can intertwine and interact together.

♡    5'8"   ♡    HW:155    ♡  CW:135   ♡    GW1:125    ♡    UGW:110   ♡             

b48a0e81b17d4c502f76b4b4ec54ad2d.gif

let the rain drown my sorrow in a new beginning

#4 theblueberry

theblueberry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:30 PM

I am diagnosed with both ARFID and OCD. In my personal experience, they overlap. 

-Berry

#5 Silent_Seduction

Silent_Seduction

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 05:28 PM

Hi, I have the Asperger sydrome and me too, I have ocd, adhs and I am a very picky eater since I was born, eating only same things whole life long.

Height: 168 cm/ 5 ' 6.53 ''

:( no comments, ashamed of myself
52kg / 114,6
51kg / 112,4
49,9 / 110,01
49,6 kg / 109,34

48,0kg / 105.8 

CW: 46kg / 101,4 getting there slowly step by step again  :) (BMI: 16,3)

GW: 45.3kg / 99,98 

9AzkEcW.png

hgIDbEL.jpg

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users