Looking for buddy - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Looking for buddy

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:10 PM

Hi,

Looking for a buddy who is similar to me. I’m in my 40’s, mum of two (8/14), been in this the last 30 years. The last 5–6 years I can’t seem to loose, would really need support. BMI 30-ish at this time. Anyone out there who wants daily support and exchange by chat? Have signal, what’s app and can get whatever you use. So sick of being alone in this and constantly failing when I know used to be good at loosing 🙄
  • ButtonsAligned likes this

#2 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3438 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 08:17 AM

Hey I’m looking for a buddy, I’d be more comfortable staying here though. Currently 172 lb ffs!!! Using a fasting app called zero .. normally work in kg but happy to convert.

Not married no kids ED charge nurse with depression and anxiety ... oh and severe BED as reflected by my weight. I’ll probably log on here twice a day.. morning with intentions and evening with results lol.

Age and weight loss is a mother fucker.... this fasting shit is working a bit thought so????
  • skinebtch likes this

#3 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:08 AM

Hi there Marybetty. I'm 160 lbs but also only 5'2, so BMI is high...I haven't been able to fast since my second kid. Just end up being sick, throwing up and nothing works, so fasting is out for me. Started a higher ABC, third day today out of 21. I know that staying at 200-300 cals per day isn't an option at this time. I have the kids at home, they have to see me eat not to wonder and as I too work I need some kind of fuel. Anxiety and depression here too =( 

I work within academia, full time and am also a full time student. Generally use food as comfort but I have to stop. Today's cals are a maximum of 900. Hope I can do it...

#4 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 06:59 AM

You can do it!!! My plan is 703 but believe me it’s hard.. it’s heavy protein which I think helps.

Must be so hard with kids ... did I mention I’m currently off work with my A&D but due for a phased return in two weeks ... I think fasting will be a lot harder then too!!! Maybe 16:8 that’s a decent amount of time to get three small meals in 🤔... currently also listening to a book called. Never binge again ... so my ‘never’ promise is to never use food or alcohol when upset and my ‘every’ promise is to use yoga or meditation instead .... harder than it sounds but the shit in my life atm means I’ll be soon able to test the theory!!!
How many kids you got? How old are they?

#5 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 04:16 PM

Two kids, 14 & 8. Big one asked today if I ate salad bc I like it or bc I’m overweight 😕

How do you feel about going back to work?

I should have stopped at 900 today but ended at 1030 so ok I guess. Have you had success fasting before?

#6 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationMinistry of Poor Judgement

Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:28 PM

im in 40's, been dealing with ed 30 yrs- no children myself but many nieces/nephews & friends children- always feel i have to be vigilant what i say about food/body etc. i feel for you, it must be really tough. my bmi currently 27 but this year i have really struggled to lose- i was diagnosed AN in teen yeaars and BN since i was 22. i have whatsapp and would love to have a buddy here.

• Marybetty likes this
HW: 149 lb
CW: highly distressing 147:(

Height: 5'4"

#7 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationMinistry of Poor Judgement

Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:31 PM

You can do it!!! My plan is 703 but believe me it’s hard.. it’s heavy protein which I think helps.

Must be so hard with kids ... did I mention I’m currently off work with my A&D but due for a phased return in two weeks ... I think fasting will be a lot harder then too!!! Maybe 16:8 that’s a decent amount of time to get three small meals in ... currently also listening to a book called. Never binge again ... so my ‘never’ promise is to never use food or alcohol when upset and my ‘every’ promise is to use yoga or meditation instead .... harder than it sounds but the shit in my life atm means I’ll be soon able to test the theory!!!
How many kids you got? How old are they?

sorry to barge in, i just wanted to wish you the best of luck for your phased return to work. x

HW: 149 lb
CW: highly distressing 147:(

Height: 5'4"

#8 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:55 AM

sorry to barge in, i just wanted to wish you the best of luck for your phased return to work. x

Oh no please join and thank you ... I made an appt with my doctor this morning to discuss said return and didn’t feel anxious ... I’m still going to contact the work related counselling but I’m on a fasting day today so my day plan is small tasks and gentle yoga ....

Ps I ended yesterday under 700... but I’m not weighing today because I tan yesterday and I can feel it and I know what that is ... that’s inflammation and that mother weighs!!! I’ll weigh tomorrow 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

#9 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:01 AM

Two kids, 14 & 8. Big one asked today if I ate salad bc I like it or bc I’m overweight 😕

How do you feel about going back to work?

I should have stopped at 900 today but ended at 1030 so ok I guess. Have you had success fasting before?

So hard I imagine not imprinting your ‘issues’ on your kids but maybe just say to be healthy?? Idk ... I just have to deal with my cats!!

Yeah I’ve fasted before with good success.. I used to do 5:2... I’d do 600 (net) cals on my fasting days but I’m bigger and if I am going back to work I’d like to not burst out of my uniform!!!! Lol.

I’m being a bit hung ho rn but if I get below 70kg (152lb) I may lighten up and just do the 5:2 so I can do the 2 on my days off... being an ER sister needs a decent amount of energy lol!!!!

PS 1030 is really good go you 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 My excessive restriction won’t last ... we know it’s not sustainable ...

#10 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 06:27 PM

So it’s nearly midnight and my 36 hr fast ends in the morning ... I’ve had three drinks with coconut fat in... the point is keto so I think it’s ok and it comes to like 170 cals.

Tomorrow I plan 3 meals that total 1100 ish... highly keto but I will be having oats and bread... and I plan to run so let’s not be a dumbass and run after not eating for 36 hours... 🤞🏼 I get through the night... I’m not like starving.. I could eat but I’m ok so ... let ya know how I go in the morning. ❤️

#11 Hungerisanillusion

Hungerisanillusion

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 09:58 PM

I’d like to join the buddy system here. I’m in my 40’s and high restrict. Lately I’ve been binging and it’s freaking me out, so I’m trying to control it by adding more protein and less alcohol. lol. I’ve been more active lately, so I’m sure that’s why I want to binge.
5’7.5” (171cm)
HW: 132 lbs
LW: 104 lbs
CW: 108.0 lbs (as of July 1, 2021) BMI 16.8

“One of the hardest things in life is knowing which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.”

I’m full of bad ideas, so take my advice at your own risk.

#12 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:56 PM

Oh the binge pig squealer is such a c**t... I’m listening to an e book called neve binge again... 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I have 1.30 hours until my 36 hour fast ends... I don’t know what I’m more excited for weighing or food.

Ah fuck we all know it’s weighing!!! 😂😂😂😂

#13 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 12:54 AM

I weighed 76.7kg 169lb
I work it to 7lb ish loss since Monday .....(I was higher weight than documented. Up there on Monday... I think... ah who gives a fuzz it feels goooooood)

And today I get three meals ... today is a good day my friends!!!!!!!
  • Morvern likes this

#14 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 03:32 PM

Wow well done 👏 I’m so envious of your ability to fast, I wish I still had that too. so nice to hear that you’re not anxious about going back to work.
What do you have planned for your three meals?

#15 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 03:34 PM

Hi there Hatshepsut & Hungerisanillusion! Nice that more people are joining.if you want to add me on WhatsApp, send me a private message here if that’s possible?

#16 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 03:38 PM

Yesterday was no good, ended at 1400 which was not at all planned. included one binge 😔 where I live it’s kind of a thing that you eat crisps on Fridays, usually it’s something that the kids look forward to... so today I had some cheese doodles, but I’m ending at 1000 which was my plan. I guess I’m satisfied with that.

I was anorexic in my teens for awhile but have mostly been bulimic. It’s what I feel at the most that I would influence my kids with. My teenager has a lot of problems with self harm, depression and trauma and she eats partly on an emotional basis. It’s hard to deal with because I don’t want to shame her like I was shamed but I want her to have a healthy relationship with food.... so basically I just tried to give her good food and let her eat whatever she wants whenever she desires too as long as she has eaten dinner. It requires that I’m a good example which is hard for me but I try ♥️
  • Lower likes this

#17 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 03:53 PM

I live alone with two cats, makes it pretty easy to fast!!

I had overnight oats with berries
I had boiled eggs and soldiers
I was going to babe a roast but I just ate a ton of pre baked chicken with instant gravy.

I ran but it was terrible I really need to get back into practice. Then I fell asleep at 17.30 and woke up now at 9pm 😔

Aw that’s so hard I think your handling that situation really well, I can’t imagine having kids at all ... sending you my feels.

Oh and 1400 is high restriction. Give yourself credit!!!!

#18 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 04:21 PM

Thanks 💖 what are “soldiers”? Sorry, I’m in Sweden and a vegetarian since forever..some sort of meat?

Running is great, well done. I’ve gotten arthritis and am too heavy to run, will try once I get rid of some of the extra baggage 😂

#19 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 04:42 PM

Aw so like thin slices of toast to dip in... used to call it Chucky eggs and soldiers in north uk.. child related comfort food!!!

I recently abandoned my veganism... I had to be taken off work for anxiety but at times was bedridden... I had to decide to make some decisions to just make life easier... I totally believe I was healthy ... I was 4 years and tan a half marathon. But I have underlying A&D as you know and this year sent me under.

I had bum length hair with dreadlocks created over years... I just cut it to a short Bob, I’m eating some fish, chicken, turkey and eggs oh and a bit of cheese.. but that’s a scary food hey!! I used to be eco friendly ect ect but now I make that choice if I can in the moment ... if I’m in a store which only had one detergent and I need detergent I get it.

I feel guilty, like I’m letting down Mother Earth. My friends are very supportive they say I always make the best choice I can. My eggs today were organic and free range, but I know their little brothers were murdered for cat food (which I also buy)

I’ve deleted ALL social media ... and now today can’t contact a friend in Australia as I’ve lost his number and he’s going through a hard time.

It’s my dead mums birthday today and I face timed my 83 year old Papa because I can’t hug him.
I’m so sorry for the negs... it kind of all spilled out. There’s more buy you don’t need to be burdened.

I had my feasts today! And now I fast got 20 hours ... lunch at 1:30pm ... I’ve run out of coconut oil, anyone made bullletproof coffee with avocado???

I think I like these nee buddies of ours, my cousin lived in in Sweden his wife is Swedish... he’s here now nursing my dying uncle (yet another shitty 2020 thing) I have visited and loved it ... I’m as mentioned from UK ... but I’m from Liverpool so I’m not British 🤨

#20 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 05:01 PM

Sad to hear about your mum, must be a hard day♥️Sending you some strength!

I think it’s a good thing you dropped the vegan thing if it’s not for you. There are so many things we go around feeling bad for, it just builds up so good you’re thinking of yourself! I actually became a vegetarian when I was on a language trip in Hastings when I was 13 😂 they served us rabbit..it was more than I could face eating. Never was the ethical vegetarian, just felt it creepy to eat dead things, so perhaps a spoilt vegetarian 😂

Oh and the restrictions in meeting people now..it’s hard. Nice that your papa uses face time though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users