Looking for buddy - Page 2 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Looking for buddy

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3438 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 05:19 PM

Thank you ❤️

I went vegan for animals and the planet and still hold those beliefs but at the moment I kinda just need to take it easy on myself. I heard there’s no nutritional value to rabbit meat but that could be totally bs!!

And yeah it’s quite cute how tech savvy he is .. I’m very looking forward to us getting our vaccines and being able to get ridiculously drunk together!!! He’s an ex sailor ... as am I... we’re good at drinking 😂😂

#22 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 08:15 AM

Sorry this is a copy and paste from the rant room ... but I’m passed im this weak!!!

My friend is complaining at me that her sister wants her time today because she’s really busy. I offered to come over to help take pressure off also I have a lot of experience (personal) with A&D.

She said if she has two people she’ll defo get nothing done ... I said I’ll talk to her while she does her tasks ... she’s invited her over and said she’s just going to ignore her and do her tasks ... absolutely no concept of the lovely friend looking for company and to help!!

Now I’ve ordered snack food and wine from an expensive delivery place and I’m gonna get drunk and watch dark you tube stuff...

Not workout
Not fast
Not take care of myself
And it’s not even her fault .., I’m responsible for me!!!

Fucks sake I breed to grow up

#23 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:05 PM

just popping in to say ZOMG IT'S MARYBETTY HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

<waves frantically at familiar face>

• Marybetty likes this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#24 Sholla

Sholla

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • Location💕new york💕

Posted 12 December 2020 - 06:20 PM

currently in a similar boat, short with a high bmi. I'm 4'-11" and currently 165.5. bmi 32.41.

I started off at 182.5 and have been high restricting and exercising but trying to get Christmas gifts made (im crocheting everything since I am broke but I have a huge stash of yarn!) and so my exercise has been put on the back burner for awhile.

ive dropped 17 pounds since my sw of 182.5 so I feel pretty motivated. once my water weight came off I stalled out for like 2 weeks so it made me want to go back into my normal ed patterns which are comfortable for me (low restricting etc) but im glad I didnt bc I tend to sabotage myself when I low restrict. I have an accountability here if you want to read how I got here but im still looking to lose far more. I just hope I hit my goals, which is really important to me. im nearly to gw3 so I am very excited to have an entire row of goals on my signature met.

• Hatshepsut likes this

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Sholla's Accountability ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

.・゜゜・·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙・゜゜・.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ wl to date: -33.5 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ sw: 182.5 ☽༓・༓☾ cw: 149 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ gw 1: 175 ☽༓・༓☾ gw 2: 170 ☽༓・༓☾ gw 3: 165 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ gw 4: 160 ☽༓・༓☾ gw 5: 155 ☽༓・༓☾ gw 6: 150 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 
gw 7: 145 ☽༓・༓☾ gw 8: 140 ☽༓・༓☾ gw 9: 135 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ gw 10: 130 ☽༓・༓☾ gw 11: 120 ☽༓・༓☾ gw 12: 110 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ow gw: 148.5 ☽༓・༓☾ nw gw: 123.5 ☽༓・༓☾ uw gw: 92 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
original.gif.

ssdgm..

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#25 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 05:27 AM

currently in a similar boat, short with a high bmi. I'm 4'-11" and currently 165.5. bmi 32.41.

I started off at 182.5 and have been high restricting and exercising but trying to get Christmas gifts made (im crocheting everything since I am broke but I have a huge stash of yarn!) and so my exercise has been put on the back burner for awhile.

ive dropped 17 pounds since my sw of 182.5 so I feel pretty motivated. once my water weight came off I stalled out for like 2 weeks so it made me want to go back into my normal ed patterns which are comfortable for me (low restricting etc) but im glad I didnt bc I tend to sabotage myself when I low restrict. I have an accountability here if you want to read how I got here but im still looking to lose far more. I just hope I hit my goals, which is really important to me. im nearly to gw3 so I am very excited to have an entire row of goals on my signature met.

Wow that’s so motivating!! I’m sure you’ll meet your goals 🤩 Since they closed the swimming hall I haven’t been exercising at all...really should take it up. Did some yoga but have such pain bc arthritis 😔 Today I’ll go for a long walk though, at least that..
  • Sholla likes this

#26 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 05:28 AM

Yesterday’s goal was 1100, I made that so happy with it! 161-159.5 this week 👏

#27 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:24 AM

just popping in to say ZOMG IT'S MARYBETTY HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

<waves frantically at familiar face>

hey thin!!!!! Waves frantically back!!!!
  • thinstrument likes this

#28 ButtonsAligned

ButtonsAligned

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2020 - 11:24 AM

Hi,
Looking for a buddy who is similar to me. I’m in my 40’s, mum of two (8/14), been in this the last 30 years. The last 5–6 years I can’t seem to loose, would really need support. BMI 30-ish at this time. Anyone out there who wants daily support and exchange by chat? Have signal, what’s app and can get whatever you use. So sick of being alone in this and constantly failing when I know used to be good at loosing

Hope its OK. I replied to your post in a personal message.

It's always a good time for tea.

Please visit my current art project gallery and feel free to leave comments .

depositphotos_83105252-stock-illustratio

#29 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 12:03 PM

How was everyone’s weekend???

#30 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:35 PM

Mine was both good and bad 😀 my teen says I’m introvert, perhaps it’s true. She wants to know about my life but there are some things I don’t feel I can talk about. Otherwise: managed two Christmas baking sessions without binging, went out for dinner and wanted so bad to purge but didn’t as the family was there. Feel bloated but kept to my cals
  • Marybetty likes this

#31 Morvern

Morvern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:36 PM

How was yours??

#32 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 14 December 2020 - 11:08 PM

My MIL sent me homemade fruitcake. Which I LOVE.

90% of my intake this week will be fruitcake haha
  • Marybetty likes this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#33 Sholla

Sholla

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1137 posts
  • Location💕new york💕

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:09 AM

Wow that’s so motivating!! I’m sure you’ll meet your goals Since they closed the swimming hall I haven’t been exercising at all...really should take it up. Did some yoga but have such pain bc arthritis Today I’ll go for a long walk though, at least that..

thank you! been stalling out this week unfortunately, but im hoping I'll be able to continue losing again soon. I need to watch the sodium intake - I feel like that's what is making me stall more.

I wish I could go swimming! all the pools are closed here too ): I have degenerative disc disease so I absolutely empathize with your arthritis. I try to take kratom or cbd, and ibuprofen before I work out most of the time. I only do treadmill (fast walking) and Just Dance for exercise though, but I want to start up yoga! im worried that I won't be able to do a lot of the poses though due to my inflexibility. can you recommend any videos?

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 

original.gif.

ssdgm..

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#34 Sholla

Sholla

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1137 posts
  • Location💕new york💕

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:12 AM

really boring, I accidentally slept too much and wound up accidentally fasting but im not mad about it. working on crochet blanket #2 and im about 8 or 9 rows from completion WHEW! then onto blanket #3 (final blanket) and then hopefully I can make some gifts for the kiddos. I feel bad that I cant afford bigger gifts this year for them, I usually spoil the heck out of my nieces and nephews but sadly due to covid I cant Uber anymore which was the biggest source of income for me.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 

original.gif.

ssdgm..

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#35 minithinime

minithinime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:20 AM

Hi,
Looking for a buddy who is similar to me. I’m in my 40’s, mum of two (8/14), been in this the last 30 years. The last 5–6 years I can’t seem to loose, would really need support. BMI 30-ish at this time. Anyone out there who wants daily support and exchange by chat? Have signal, what’s app and can get whatever you use. So sick of being alone in this and constantly failing when I know used to be good at loosing

Hi there

#36 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:42 PM

How was yours??

Actually a little bit wild .. and 3 bad days in the Fitbit 🤦🏽‍♀️

However there is now a boy interest.. atm he thinks I’m a goddess and I’ve told him about my issues... we’re taking things slow and just gonna see what happens ... it’s a nice feeling though. I’ve been alone for a long time and the last guy shattered me so ... 4 years later maybe it’s time to give something a little chance?
  • thinstrument likes this

#37 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:44 PM

really boring, I accidentally slept too much and wound up accidentally fasting but im not mad about it. working on crochet blanket #2 and im about 8 or 9 rows from completion WHEW! then onto blanket #3 (final blanket) and then hopefully I can make some gifts for the kiddos. I feel bad that I cant afford bigger gifts this year for them, I usually spoil the heck out of my nieces and nephews but sadly due to covid I cant Uber anymore which was the biggest source of income for me.

I’ve been in sick leave due to lack of marbles (I work as a nursing sister in ER) my nieces and nephews are getting a small token this year too.... feels shit!!

#38 Marybetty

Marybetty

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3438 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:26 AM

God damn 1.8kg gain!!!!!!! 🤬

#39 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationMinistry of Poor Judgement

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:51 PM

a fellow crochet fiend! i just made a granny square headband- x

• Sholla likes this
HW: 149 lb
CW: highly distressing 147:(

Height: 5'4"

#40 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationMinistry of Poor Judgement

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:59 PM

am already doing the xmas dinner freakout-

it will be the first xmas i will spend with parents in 21 years- i have had 3 xmas days completely alone, 17 with x partner, 1 in hospital, 1 with friend.

can we do a 'how to cope' thing? x

HW: 149 lb
CW: highly distressing 147:(

Height: 5'4"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users