Food Guilt While Pregnant - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Food Guilt While Pregnant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ibrn2

ibrn2

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:15 PM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I am recently pregnant, about 8 weeks along. Even though it was not planned, I am grateful because I wasn't sure my body would be able to do this after years of mistreating it.

Still, I am left with extreme guilt after eating. I know that by eating I am doing the right thing, but it is really hard to keep up with it emotionally/mentally. Especially when I force myself to eat 3+ times a day and my boyfriend skips meals like no big deal. (he doesn't mean to trigger me, but eating alone is 10 times harder). 

Is it horrible that restricting is tempting to me?? I am determined no to give in, but I feel bad for even thinking about it. But I also feel guilty about eating. 

MARIE <3  :) 

#2 noaudience

noaudience

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:27 AM

Normal for someone with an ED to feel guilty, but you absolutely cannot engage in behaviors. 3x a day is not going to be enough...I'm in my 3rd trimester and my OB makes me eat at least 6x per day. It's agonizing, but not as agonizing as it would be if I lost my baby due to my bullshit ED behaviors.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  • envy2bThin likes this

Height: 5'6

HW - 150

LW - 89

CW - 105.4

GW1 - 130

GW1 - 120

GW2 - 110

GW3 - 100

GW4 - 90

UGW - 80

#3 Winchesters-Angel

Winchesters-Angel

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 05:08 PM

Every time I started to feel guilty about eating while pregnant, I reworded it.

"I dont deserve to eat" became "my unborn baby deserves nutrition."

"I want to binge" became "my fetus is craving these specific foods, so there must be a reason."

"I cant eat over x calories" became "I need to eat when I'm hungry so my child has enough energy to continue to grow."

And to help, I didnt weigh myself at home, and half the time I didnt look at the scale when going in for my Ob appointments.

As a result, I had probably the smoothest pregnancy, she grew and developed perfectly, and delivery was easier than anticipated. Every ob visit and now every pediatrician appointment, the doctors always tell me shes perfect <3 listen to your baby. Do it for them, dont do it for you
  • noaudience likes this

Dean - Hate what you see

Taking it one day at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users