Food guilt while pregnant - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Food guilt while pregnant

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ibrn2

ibrn2

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:19 PM

Hi, I accidentally put this in the wrong group before, but I am recently pregnant, about 8 weeks along. Even though it was not planned, I am grateful because I wasn't sure my body would be able to do this after years of mistreating it.

Still, I am left with extreme guilt after eating. I know that by eating I am doing the right thing, but it is really hard to keep up with it emotionally/mentally. Especially when I force myself to eat 3+ times a day and my boyfriend skips meals like no big deal. (he doesn't mean to trigger me, but eating alone is 10 times harder). 

Is it horrible that restricting is tempting to me?? I am determined no to give in, but I feel bad for even thinking about it. But I also feel guilty about eating. 

MARIE <3  :) 

#2 noneedtoeat

noneedtoeat

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:07 PM

I am in the same boat, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and my fears of weight gain have been out of the roof, more than ever before. I've still been trying to restrict secretly, and I am guilty for skipping meals but I'm trying to improve. Good luck to you!

#3 Kermitleggs

Kermitleggs

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:14 PM

the first two trimesters of my pregnancy i ate super healthy small meals which made me feel less guilty about eating 

i'm trying to still do that because i'm breastfeeding but i really want this weight gone...i gained a lot because the last three months of my pregnancy i ate everything and anything i wanted 

FB IMG 1590415134584

new accountability

old accountability 
https://www.myproana...-my-vent-space/

#4 elleobells143

elleobells143

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 March 2021 - 09:41 PM

I can 100% relate right now. I to am 8 weeks pregnant. I feel the exact same way. With the boyfriend as well. It feels like I literally have no choice at this point. Ugh.

***<< Elle >>***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users