Whats your favorite way to read a book? - Page 2 - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Whats your favorite way to read a book?

Books Library Reading

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jessgetsskinny

Jessgetsskinny

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:15 PM

Im really into audio books at the moment but mainly non fiction. It really depends on the voice tho. Some people should not reading audio books haha! I haven’t read fiction books in a long time and so I don’t really know what genre to delve in to.

#22 gloomaglisten

gloomaglisten

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 February 2021 - 11:15 PM

I've preferred ebooks for a long time...I just find them easier to read and focus on than physical books, and I can never pay full attention to audiobooks for some reason. I get mine through Overdrive whenever possible, and if I'm going to buy one, I'll usually go through Kobo first, then Kindle if I really want to read it and can't get it elsewhere. I read all of these on my phone through their respective apps. I'm also signed up with BookBub so I get daily ebook offers, generally between zero and four dollars or so, but I'm not always super interested in those. 

24 | she/her | Canada

loads my signature with song lyrics because I'm a loser

Spoiler

Actual photo of me doing bodychecks

Spoiler

#23 i hate being trans

i hate being trans

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7586 posts
  • LocationThe Walls

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:16 PM

i like being alone when i read, book in hand. 

reading online hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. ( same as reading when i'm moving )

the only time i read online is when i read fanfic lol.

#24 StripedTrashPanda

StripedTrashPanda

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 07:43 PM

I prefer having physical copies but I also have a kindle unlimited subscription and use my kindle paperweight that i use frequently too.

#25 dreamsynopsis

dreamsynopsis

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2214 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 11:00 PM

always physical books, i’ve given up on kindles. i always buy my books used, mostly trade paperbacks. i usually have 2 books going at once and i switch back and forth between them.

i want to commit, restricting is a compromise at this point.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Books, Library, Reading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users