Low carb accountability 2021 - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Low carb accountability 2021

Low carb keto accountability

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:32 PM

Hello there low carbers, I feel like there isn’t much activity on this forum in comparison to the other pages here. That’s really surprising to me since I usually feel I can eat less with less hunger while following low carb, versus when I’m eating pizza or cereal I constantly feel hungry. I usually can’t stick to any calorie goals while eating things like that.

There are many accountability threads on this forum but not many I feel that are dedicated to a lower carb lifestyle. Is that something you guys would be interested in following? I really miss my old Xanga account where are you could share your intake like a diary entry and your close circle of supporters could comment lol.

**EDIT**
1/2/21 = 227.8
1/9/21 = 222.6 down 5.2
  • Princessporcelainthrone and this.is.happening like this

#2 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2789 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:34 PM

Following! 

I feel this forum is quite dead, sadly :( I also have an accountability on this forum to keep it slightly active.

Low-carb keeps me from feeling so damn hungry all the time and simplifies my diet. Good luck!

​24 : 5'4

I'm after lower measurements and improving body composition.

Accountability: https://www.myproana...ntability-pics/

#3 IsabellaEveningstar

IsabellaEveningstar

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationTarm - Denmark

Posted 02 January 2021 - 05:51 PM

Hey there, I would love to read more on here, just getting started on the keto journey myself but reluctant to make an accountability for myself so far

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
  • Nikol. likes this

Don't eat December

SW: 150.9

CW: 147.2

#4 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:37 PM

Following! 

I feel this forum is quite dead, sadly :( I also have an accountability on this forum to keep it slightly active.

Low-carb keeps me from feeling so damn hungry all the time and simplifies my diet. Good luck!

I think that’s what a lot of people don’t understand. It sounds so messed up, but if you really want eat minimally, it’s much less agonizing on low carb lol. Not that I’m condoning that, but you know what I mean. We’re all on this forum for one reason or another, I’m no one to judge lol.
  • lostinthestars likes this

#5 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:55 PM

A little about myself. I’ve had disordered eating for the last 18 years. My HW during pregnancy was 264 and my LW when I was actually fit and muscular was 160. I’ve never been petite, but I’ve had periods of looking damn good. I was only eating 800 calories and working out everyday back then. I miss those days but it doesn’t fit my lifestyle now. I’m a single parent and I always think back to my ex, that maybe if I didn’t gain so much weight he wouldn’t have been tempted to cheat on me and break up our family. Who knows. But I’d really like to be thin and find the confidence to date again. I’m 33, I may not have time to have any more children, but I’d at least like to find a partner to not feel so alone,

ANYWAY. This is will be a low carb accountability thread, not necessarily keto. I feel SO much less hunger when eating low carb. However I do have a small child who could live his whole life eating chicken nuggets so I need some wiggle room in my diet. I’ve gone through periods of making separate dinners but that can be wasteful and with covid going on, I’m trying to be more budget conscious.

Details: Less than 100 net carbs per day, hopefully closer to around 50 or 60 per day, with a calorie range below 1200. I have a sedentary job so I sit basically all day long. I’ve set a step goal of 6,000 per day for right now just so that I can gain some positive momentum by hitting it occasionally lol. I know there will be some cheat days where I don’t count or I go over my limits, but the goal here is to just keep getting back on track. So I’m curious to see how this diet experiment plays out. If I find out in a month that this isn’t working for me, then I will reevaluate. Let’s do this!

SW: 227.8 (don’t hate, I’m aware it’s not good)
GW1: 199
GW2: 160
GW3: 145
  • lostinthestars likes this

#6 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

Saturday Jan. 2, 2021

Weight: 227.8 This is definitely some binge bloat from the night before, I was 225 on the 1st.
Steps: 4495

Intake:
Tea with half & half & collagen = 110
3 cheese sticks = 240
Total: 350 calories and 1 net carb. This is a way, WAY unusual day for me, my intake hasn’t been this low in 8 years lol.

#7 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:24 PM

Sunday January 3, 2021

Weight: 223.6
Steps: 7598

I knew a lot of yesterday’s bloat would be gone, down 4.2 this morning. Worked out today, 30 minutes on the elliptical & some hip raises and wall push ups. I have virtually no upper body strength I’m realizing. I think I’m going to buy some 10 and 15lb weights. That will help improve the home workouts.

Intake:
Tea with half & half, 1 scoop collagen = 75
2 turkey sausage with cheddar links = 240
2 eggs w/ 1oz cheese = 250
Gummy vitamins = 15
= 580 so far. 15 net carbs. Will edit after dinner.
**edit**
low carb tortilla with 1tbsp reduced fat cream cheese with frosted sugar cookie seasoning = 120
Lily’s salted caramel chocolate bar = 65
Jalapeño seasoned pistachios 15g. = 85

Total = 850 calories 25 net carbs

#8 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:25 PM

Hey there, I would love to read more on here, just getting started on the keto journey myself but reluctant to make an accountability for myself so far
Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

You should totally start one!!

#9 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:41 AM

Monday January 4, 2021

Weight: 223.0
Steps: 6768

I was kind of expecting a bigger loss since I have SO much to lose but maybe it’s because I worked out with some kettlebell weights yesterday and I’m just holding onto some water. I also had more salt yesterday because I get massive headaches if I don’t while following low carb. I really should be taking some supplements, but I don’t think I have them anymore. Will update the intake once I eat.

I’m too tired to list out everything I ate, but I’m ending the day at 1241 calories and 27 net carbs. Even though I ate the last 2 bites of pizza that my son did not finish, I’m still really happy that it didn’t lead to a binge. I even made low carb peanut butter cookies today and didn’t try one because I knew I was out of calories. Today is a massive success.

I didn’t workout but I did get over 6k steps & that’s the goal that I set. Pretty good for a Monday.
  • Sum_bunny likes this

#10 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:12 AM

Tuesday January 5, 2021

Weight: 222.2
Steps: 4330

I know it seems like I’m losing weight quickly but I was 216 mid-November so I’m not gunna feel like I’m truly making progress until I’m under 215. So that’s 7.2 more lbs to go. Then I’ll feel like I’m really on the right path at least. Strangely I do feel like I have more energy these days, even though my intake has been cut by more than half these past few days. Ahh the power of low carb haha. I do have a ketone monitor but it’s only been a few days, it’s probably too early to test. And keto isn’t my goal, I need to remember that. I bought a can of tomato rotini soup yesterday and I really want to eat it. It’s only 270 calories but 55 carbs! That’s a lot! But constantly denying myself something is what leads me to binge on 5 of them instead of one, so I will eat it at some point. Not today, but one day.

Intake:
Low carb peanut butter cookie 120 x 2 = 240
Coffee = 115
Tuna salad 1/2c. 210
Stuffed mushrooms 200
Tortilla with 1oz cream cheese & frosted sugar cookie seasoning 165
1oz cheese 100
7 bites popcorn chicken (my son’s leftovers) 95
Gummy vitamins 15

Total 1140 calories, 28 net carbs
Temptation got the better of me and I tested my blood ketones, but I literally did it after eating dinner which is not the best time. However it was 0.4 which is 0.1 shy of being in ketosis. It’s not my goal but I wonder if that’s why I’ve been seeing results this week. It almost makes me nervous to up my carb limit. I had tons of energy yesterday and at 6:30 tonight I’m kind of dragging. I wonder if keto is the difference there too. Hmm 🤔 interesting.

**10pm edit
I was so low energy I was 🤏this close to throwing in the towel and bingeing. I had 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, a string cheese, and another low carb pb cookie.
Total: 1754 calories ☠️ And 36 net carbs. Hopefully tomorrow’s weigh in isn’t a massive gain.
  • Sum_bunny likes this

#11 Nikol.

Nikol.

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:55 PM

Followiiiing. I started omad keto yesterday. It's my third time doing this and I've always had a great success with it. I'm suffering from bulimia and I seriously need a break.

Good luck!! We're here to support you. ❤️🍀
2af.gif

#12 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:18 PM

Followiiiing. I started omad keto yesterday. It's my third time doing this and I've always had a great success with it. I'm suffering from bulimia and I seriously need a break.
Good luck!! We're here to support you. ❤

Aw thank you! I find that keeping my carbs lower during the day keeps me from being ravenously hungry, so it makes sticking to a calorie deficit easier. I’m sure you get the same benefit doing OMAD

#13 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:19 AM

Wednesday January 6, 2021

Weight: 222.4
Steps: tbd

Thank God I only gained 0.2 from my overindulgence yesterday. I really have a taste for tortilla chips and queso though. That’s what I was going to binge on last night but fortunately I stopped myself. I still really want them though. Maybe I can fit a serving into my macros for the day. I’m afraid the carbs will make me gain though. If I could see progress just by calorie counting I’d love that but my body doesn’t seem to work like that. Or maybe whenever I eat carbs they’re so un-filling that I just eat a ton more calories by default. Ughhhhh.

And I know so many people who lose weight by counting calories but then they also workout every single day. I have a sedentary job and hardly leave the house. I never regret a workout but I truly hate doing it. It’s not fun. I get so little free time as a single mom, that the last thing I want to do in my one hour a day to relax is workout. Apparently I’m grumpy today. The thing is, once it’s summer again I’ll want to spend that hour per day at the beach down the street but I won’t feel good going there if I don’t put in the work NOW. Yeah the nachos can wait until another day. At least until a day that I have a workout planned.

**edit
Fuuuccckkkkkkk I binged. Badly. I know I’ll be up like 10 lbs tomorrow since I just lost 5 lbs of water weight. Fml. Next accountability thread I’ll be sure to keep it in the BED forum 🙄

#14 Nikol.

Nikol.

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 919 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:50 AM

Aw thank you! I find that keeping my carbs lower during the day keeps me from being ravenously hungry, so it makes sticking to a calorie deficit easier. I’m sure you get the same benefit doing OMAD

Yes, definitely :) I'm used to eating only once a day so it's easy to stick to. And the hunger is just not there most of tge time.
2af.gif

#15 Nikol.

Nikol.

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 919 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:57 AM

*edit
Fuuuccckkkkkkk I binged. Badly. I know I’ll be up like 10 lbs tomorrow since I just lost 5 lbs of water weight. Fml. Next accountability thread I’ll be sure to keep it in the BED forum 🙄

Girl, you've just started. Slip ups happen, especially in the introduction phase. You're fine, trust me. Next day will be better, just keep doing what you did. One binge can slow your process but it won't ruin it. Don't weigh in next two days if it makes you feel better. It's just food and water weight anyways. If it makes you feel better I b/ped carbs yesterday as well. Just take care of yourself, drink plenty of water and don't be too harsh on yourself. Hugs ❤️
2af.gif

#16 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:11 PM

Girl, you've just started. Slip ups happen, especially in the introduction phase. You're fine, trust me. Next day will be better, just keep doing what you did. One binge can slow your process but it won't ruin it. Don't weigh in next two days if it makes you feel better. It's just food and water weight anyways. If it makes you feel better I b/ped carbs yesterday as well. Just take care of yourself, drink plenty of water and don't be too harsh on yourself. Hugs ❤️

I know I just started, that makes it even worse lol. But I know what you mean, it’s hard to pull yourself out of the tailspin sometimes. I’m too damn old to keep making the same mistakes though, you’d think by now I would’ve learned from these experiences. But I’m giving myself some grace and moving on today. The BED comment was true though, after being very restrictive for YEARS I developed disordered eating in the other direction.

#17 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:32 PM

Thursday January 7, 2021

Weight: 224.0
Steps: tbd

By the grace of God I only gained just under 2 lbs. I felt it coming on yesterday though, even from my post I could tell my resolve was wavering. I am a big time emotional eater and this period of my life is emotional. With the state of affairs in the US, the pandemic, doing eLearning at home, working from home at the same time, my sons dad changing his work schedule, and trying to start dating, my head is about to explode. I’m trying to think where I went wrong yesterday. I think it’s because I made chicken and vegetable soup but it was so bland that I was dissatisfied eating it and left hungry very quickly. Unfortunately I made a whole pot of it because it was so full of veggies so I’m gunna experiment and see if it can be salvaged. Maybe hot sauce? I’m not sure yet.

I stated in the beginning that this was going to be a lower carb journey not keto and today I didn’t even want to try. I made 2 eggs and a slice of cheese on an English muffin for breakfast because after last night I learned that I need to listen to my cravings every now and again otherwise I will eat 10 of thing I’m thinking about instead of 1.

I think I’m going to start a clean out the pantry challenge where I don’t buy any groceries that aren’t weekly essentials until I’ve gone through everything that’s in my freezer & my cabinets. I could probably live for a month or two just on the food that’s already in my house. Maybe I’m a food hoarder, is that a thing? I like to have a lot of options, then again I get overwhelmed by a lot of options. Hmm

Intake:
2 eggs, cheese, English muffin 335
Tea with cream and collagen 75
Protein shake 150
Reduced guilt Mac & cheese 270
Wild caught salmon 70
3pc mini low carb cookies 70
Sugar free fiber supplement 20
Gummy vitamins 15
Dinner (planned)
3c. Chicken & veg soup 142
Hot sauce 0

Total= 1158 calories, 82 net carbs. Right under where I set my original goals (1200/100)

**edit
Ha. Yeah. Binged again. Fml. Plus I think the guy I’m seeing has eating issues and for some reason hearing how little he eats make me eat more? Wtf is wrong with me...

#18 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:23 AM

Friday January 8, 2021

Weight: 226

I guess I can’t handle the cravings that come with insulin spikes. I’m not disciplined enough for that right now.

#19 skinnyjeans00

skinnyjeans00

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:27 PM

Saturday January 9, 2021

Weight: 222.6
Steps:9222

All I ate yesterday were 3 eggs and 2 chicken nuggets so I'm happy to see the weight going back down after two days of fucking up. Yikes. But yesterday ended well and today is going well so FAR. I'm treating myself to a mani pedi today because fuck, I deserve it. I hardly spend any money on myself so if this will make me feel less ugly and more like I'm taking care of myself, then it's worth the cost today. My mom is gunna watch my son so I can go. She also made a low carb frittata to help me on my diet. Moms are the best.

Intake
3 deviled egg halves
1/6th of a egg and bacon frittata x 2
Monster ultra white
8 tbsp sugar free whipped cream 80

Total: 808 calories, 12 net carbs

Also I'm going to be seeing the body builder amazing guy next weekend so the goal is to get out of the 220's by next Saturday. I can't even fathom how he's even slightly attracted to me.
  • Sum_bunny likes this

#20 Wafae

Wafae

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:06 PM

Following, best of luck.
  • skinnyjeans00 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Low carb, keto, accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic