transmale friends? - Minorities - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

transmale friends?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tiereddoe

tiereddoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

so i identify as trans male but unfortunately my family is so controversial i'm too scared to even cut my hair short. its one of the reasons i developed my ed in the first place and i would really appreciate some other trans friends or non binary friends who i can at least be able to relate to. 

i'm also really curious to know what struggles you face as a transgender/nonbinary person in the ed community

• Sobrefluf, anhedoniac and Mister_Mello_Man like this

#2 _Melancholia_

_Melancholia_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:42 PM

Hello! I'm a trans male with pretty small minded parents, so I think I get where you're coming from. I was able to cut my hair pretty short when i was about 15 because I had always been a slightly alternative/goth kid, and my mum was pretty goth too, so i got to have a fairly androgynous haircut. I haven't been able to come out to my family though, they're all a bit trans/homophobic just because they don't know any better and were raised in a time when all that stuff was normal and seen as okay. 
My ed came in part from the fact that i was always super skinny as a young kid, up until age 12-13, and i just wanted that skinny and lanky look back since thats still how I see myself in my head; long and lanky and bony. 
I haven't been in the ed community long, I only came across this forum about a week ago at most, so I'm curious to see what it's like for other trans folk here

#3 Subspace

Subspace

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:47 PM

just a transmasc person who has been floating around here for years

they/them

top surgery: 10/11/19

low dose hrt: 9/13/2019

height: 5'5''

cw:125

#4 GalacticEnby

GalacticEnby

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationSpaaaace

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:39 PM

Trans-masc Enby here
My parents were super close minded til I shared resources if you need me to send you resources I am more then happy to

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

#5 cloudgaze

cloudgaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:40 PM

hey i’m transmasc & nonbinary as well and i’m in a similar situation rip my family’s very transphobic & homophobic so i can’t cut my hair or anything either. but yeah me being trans has definitely played a huge part in my ed because i want to have my body look less feminine and it’s. tough yknow
5’8” // 173cm
SW: 164lbs // 24.9 bmi
CW: 154lbs // 23.4 bmi
GW: 130lbs // 19.8 bmi

#6 Toille

Toille

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 12:42 PM

Whadup fellow trans friends!  I'm transmasc (he/they) and my ED is definitely linked to getting rid of curves that don't fit my gender.  Mpa can be triggering for dysphoria because a lot of posts are aimed at "girls" "ladies" and "queens" which is lovely for those groups of people, but can be really alienating to both trans folk and cis guys with EDs (not to mention those on the enby spectrum!).  My mom is chill with my gender and tries to use my name and pronouns which is absolutely fantastic and feel really lucky!  Alas, the rest of the world can be less than accepting, and even passing I am a boy living with my single mother - doesn't paint the best picture you know?  Additionally, because EDs are associated with femininity, I feel invalidated as a trans guy. :/

• queerypunk likes this

(He/they)

5'3.5" | HW: 125 | LW: 106 | CW: 111.6 |  GW1: 105 | UGW: 80-85

~Maybe I don't want to live, but at least I'm curious about what's to come~

#7 mathlyr

mathlyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 02 April 2021 - 11:49 PM

hey, im trans/enby too, for me the ed and realizing im Cisn't happened around the same time and they mix together a whole lot, which sucks ass, i live with my mom full time now and ive been on T for almost 2 years and we're looking into top surgery, im very lucky on her side and with my dad it was a big struggle but i moved out which has helped. im here if any of yall want to talk or get advice or anything like that, gender or ed related <3

#8 queerypunk

queerypunk

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 03:20 AM

fellow transmasc here! my ed is definitely related to my gender and how I like to present myself, yknow bc of my body most people immediately assume me to be female regardless of how masculine I present. I cant really go on T or medically transition yet, as I'm a minor, so that's definitely part of how my ed developed. im really glad there are other trans ppl on here too!
<p>// CW - 255 // GW - 240 // GW - 225 // GW - 210 // GW - 195 // GW - 180 // GW - 175 // GW - 160 //

#9 Mister_Mello_Man

Mister_Mello_Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:11 PM

As a trans man, my dysphoria is one of the influences on my eating behaviours. There is always a struggle between wanting to be thin and athletic looking, but also not wanting to look dainty and wanting to eat everything to look "tough." Recently I have decided that since my hips are narrow enough, I would prefer to look a little dainty just to make my chest look more square and flat. My gender dysphoria also has changed my eating habits in the weirdest way, like "Oh, you'll look manlier and like you belong in the military if you drink just black coffee" and "If you eat that salad, you're going to look like a dainty little girl." Recently I was drinking from a water bottle and wondered if that was too feminine. I would never shame a guy for drinking from a water bottle, yet somehow I find ways to shame myself for everything. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users