Slimfast? - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Slimfast?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mu5tbethin

Mu5tbethin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:46 PM

Has anyone done slimfast?

I'm trying but it seems like a lot of food to me.

It should be

1 meal under 600 cal
2 shakes 230cal each
3 snacks under 100 cal each

But I'm doing
1 meal under 450 cal
1/2 a shake twice a day
If I'm running or riding both horses I will have a snack before or after
I just found I couldn't actually eat that much food, it was making me feel sick
♥︎Never call a girl fat because you don't know how far she'll go to prove you wrong ♥︎

#2 NLP

NLP

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2627 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:59 AM

Tried it for a couple of weeks a few years ago, it made me feel full in a very artificial way and soooo much sugar!!!   Triggered the hell outta me, especially when I was exercising 

Functioning dysfunctionally

#3 Mu5tbethin

Mu5tbethin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:49 PM

Tried it for a couple of weeks a few years ago, it made me feel full in a very artificial way and soooo much sugar!!!   Triggered the hell outta me, especially when I was exercising

I'm a sugar addict! I'm making my own snacks and not buying theirs, the milkshakes seem to be milk powder, milk and more milk, which I was worried about upsetting my stomach but it hasn't so far!
  • NLP likes this
♥︎Never call a girl fat because you don't know how far she'll go to prove you wrong ♥︎

#4 NLP

NLP

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2627 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:39 AM

I reckon that's a good move, making your own stuff ( fellow sugar addict here and  horse rider lol ).  They are handy / convenient  if you are short on time but I dunno, they just seem so well, artificial.  And that might be what was making you feel queasy re your original post, let alone the amount !  :)

And don't forget they are prob going to encourage to eat a lot of their stuff cos it's all about making money to them, and I recall it isn't particularly cheap.

Good luck!

I'm a sugar addict! I'm making my own snacks and not buying theirs, the milkshakes seem to be milk powder, milk and more milk, which I was worried about upsetting my stomach but it hasn't so far!

Functioning dysfunctionally

#5 butterfliesinmyribcage

butterfliesinmyribcage

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:27 PM

Im doing slim fast. I am on day 3. I guess im not really following the diet correctly. Im doing a shake for breakfast, bar for lunch, sometimes a fruit , and a low cal meal at dinner. I found some other brands I liked better price wise and nutrition wise. 

#6 EbonySkin

EbonySkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:22 AM

I drank 2 slim fast a day and one solid meal but wasn't getting any results with this. So I cut down to only 2 slim fast and saw results. I would try to stretch my morning drink so I'd wake up and stay in bed until I got hungry then drank my first shake of the day. After work I would smoke then drink another shake to avoid munchies. Weed makes me sleepy so within an hour I would knock out and my day would start again. I only cheated once on Christmas

I went from 225 to 216 in about a week and some days. I'm kinda back to eating shit but I only eat one meal a day and my weight stays around 216-219

Important Tips

Stay in bed for as long as possible only get up for essentials or work. 

Weed truly helped me through this but if you don't smoke maybe take some melatonin after drinking your second shake

Stats

Height: 5ft 1

CW:219

HW:225

GW:130

UGW:110

151eab33946e43f0b085dbed7c61e0e9c3922aa0LargeAngryAuklet-small.gif

'Oh What I would do to become petite '

#7 Mu5tbethin

Mu5tbethin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:11 PM

I drank 2 slim fast a day and one solid meal but wasn't getting any results with this. So I cut down to only 2 slim fast and saw results. I would try to stretch my morning drink so I'd wake up and stay in bed until I got hungry then drank my first shake of the day. After work I would smoke then drink another shake to avoid munchies. Weed makes me sleepy so within an hour I would knock out and my day would start again. I only cheated once on Christmas
I went from 225 to 216 in about a week and some days. I'm kinda back to eating shit but I only eat one meal a day and my weight stays around 216-219

Important Tips
Stay in bed for as long as possible only get up for essentials or work. 
Weed truly helped me through this but if you don't smoke maybe take some melatonin after drinking your second shake

I have to be up early every day (6am) at the moment to check livestock that are due to give birth but I'm never hungry until 10am at the earliest. But this also means twice the work for me which means I burn more calories, doing at least 15,000 steps a day (20,000 yesterday) plus riding a horse 3 or 4 times a week.

What I'm liking about the shakes is they do give me enough energy for work without fainting or getting dizzy
  • Deadhumanwalking likes this

#8 NatNat123

NatNat123

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:26 AM

I've done slimfast and found it really hard! So hungry and the sugar spikes were not helping.

On Exante now which is 3x 200kcal meal replacements, 1x 200kcal home cooked meal/snack and 100ml semi-skimmed milk (though I don't drink milk so just skip this)

I've barely felt hungry and way less than slimfast which seemed pointless to drink shakes but not be restricting that much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users