Getting into a routine - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Getting into a routine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 beccaisnothome

beccaisnothome

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:25 PM

I stared recovery like last month, and gained so much weight. 17 pounds. I can't seem to go back to how i used to be no matter how hard i try. I used to eat 500 a day and never binge. I've been freaking out trying to do that again and just can't. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ザイト

ザイト

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:21 PM

been there. except i gained 25lbs. :(( i hate giving “tips” but. it’s not like they aren’t all over this site anyways. honestly i’d start tracking your cals right below your TDEE (1,200-1,400 depending on height/weight/gender). IF you want to go lower, which you definitely don’t have to do to lose weight, you can taper down weekly or biweekly by 100cals. i don’t wanna say “500 is unsustainable” because i’ve met ppl who can stay around that for quite some time. and don’t beat yourself up if you go over. the beginning of a relapse is like that sometimes. it takes willpower. drink lots of water.
  • beccaisnothome likes this

male - gay

relapsed for the new year 2021

current bmi: 21

goal bmi: 14.5

weight loss so far: 6lbs

e9666d820c1d2296745269f72477dceeb2dd2131

#3 beccaisnothome

beccaisnothome

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:12 PM

been there. except i gained 25lbs. :(( i hate giving “tips” but. it’s not like they aren’t all over this site anyways. honestly i’d start tracking your cals right below your TDEE (1,200-1,400 depending on height/weight/gender). IF you want to go lower, which you definitely don’t have to do to lose weight, you can taper down weekly or biweekly by 100cals. i don’t wanna say “500 is unsustainable” because i’ve met ppl who can stay around that for quite some time. and don’t beat yourself up if you go over. the beginning of a relapse is like that sometimes. it takes willpower. drink lots of water.

thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ArCeMo

ArCeMo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2522 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:13 PM

I've found that increasing your water intake and just exercising more can be useful!! Skateboarding and skiing was what helped me after recovery personally, but please stay safe!! 

HW: 130 lbs
LW: 101 lbs
CW: 106 lbs
GW: 98 lbs
UGW1: 89 lbs
UGW2: 84 lbs

#5 golodnaya

golodnaya

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:52 PM

been there. forced recovery by a nurse mom + nutritionist (no ip just outpatient bc my mom works at a hospital and i didnt want to impact her career by being mentally ill around her coworkers. gave her the old bamboozle)

give it time. it took me... like two years to get back into restriction. you can do it faster than that obviously but i had external circumstances outside of recovery that made it hard for me (ill SO, depression, addiction, etc)

what helped me get back into restricting was eating at maintenance for my height, not worrying about exercise (loss of weight is like 99% diet), eating a high protein diet with healthy fats. then i transitioned to my diet of choice, zero carb. that always annihalates my appetite. restriction easy mode: unlocked.

but really, be patient. drink more water, have a good sleep schedule, and focus more on maintaining and not eating reactively

stats

Spoiler

threads

mood board 

Spoiler

rsz_caesar_2.png

#6 envyadams

envyadams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Locationhalfaxa

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:22 PM

I'd say focus on recovery, and focus on building a healthy relationship with food. It is possible to lose weight and have a healthy relationship with food, but it might be a bit before you can feel like that.

I wish you the best, and good luck in your recovery!

• tutifruitibooti and beccaisnothome like this

HW: 136.5lbs | LW: 110lbs | CW: 120lbs | GW1: 120lbs | GW2: 115lbs | GW3: 110lbs | UGW: 105lbs :D \

I need someone else
To look into my eyes and tell me
"Girl, you know you've got to watch your health"

#7 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4216 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:22 PM

Biggest advice: patience
It's the 2nd hardest part, first being discipline but imo patience is more fleeting
3rd is consistency
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" cw- 113.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users