5'7" High Restricting - How many calories should I allocate per day? - EDNOS Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

5'7" High Restricting - How many calories should I allocate per day?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ekkiana

ekkiana

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:19 PM

The title.
I have struggled with straight AN around 5 years ago now, which turned into, low restricting with binges cyclically up until now. I think I've been making it too low for my BMR because I'm very weak/exhausted all the time. Opinions?
Height: 170.5cm (5’7”)
HW: 84kg (BMI 29) - Overweight
CW: 70kg (BMI 24) - Healthy Weight
GW: 55kg (BMI 19) - Healthy Weight
UGW: 50kg (BMI 17) - Underweight
+++ +
LW: 40kg (BMI 14) - Very Underweight
+++++
“Anorexic” GW: 39kg (BMI <14) (I just kind of want to say I got into the 30’s but also I know that’s really dangerous!)

#2 froggiebones

froggiebones

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

I dont feel like youll have to restrict that much to get to 55kg. but obviously with weight loss comes time. and it depends how long you want it to take. 1200 a day and exercise and you could drop 10kg in 4 months.

• ekkiana likes this

5ft 6 47kg

SW - 58kg

CW - 47kg

GW - 40kg

#3 happyhallodreams

happyhallodreams

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:59 PM

In my experience (although I'm much shorter) it was easiest and the best at preventing binges when I would start at a normal-ish intake. Like 1800 and then gradually reduce it over the course of about two weeks until I was in the habit of 'naturally' eating around 1000-1300 a day. Not sure what your diet was like but I found taking a multivitamin helpful also. 

• ekkiana likes this

In Relapse Hell

MPA // EDC // CB

Height: 5'2"

HW: 142 lbs

LW: 116

CW: 119

#4 ekkiana

ekkiana

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:25 AM

I dont feel like youll have to restrict that much to get to 55kg. but obviously with weight loss comes time. and it depends how long you want it to take. 1200 a day and exercise and you could drop 10kg in 4 months.

I mean in the past I was able to lose 20kg in 4 months, and another time I lost over 15kg in 2 months but I was 5-7 years younger then and both took a really big toll on my health, I'm going to try to take it slow but oh man do I want it to be as quick as possible. Thanks for the message :)
Height: 170.5cm (5’7”)
HW: 84kg (BMI 29) - Overweight
CW: 70kg (BMI 24) - Healthy Weight
GW: 55kg (BMI 19) - Healthy Weight
UGW: 50kg (BMI 17) - Underweight
+++ +
LW: 40kg (BMI 14) - Very Underweight
+++++
“Anorexic” GW: 39kg (BMI <14) (I just kind of want to say I got into the 30’s but also I know that’s really dangerous!)

#5 golodnaya

golodnaya

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:34 PM

calculate tdee, subtract 300-500 max. 500 cals is already a fairly severe deficit. if you're active on top of that, you'll be able to factor that in
  • bubbleteaaa and ekkiana like this

stats

Spoiler

threads

mood board 

Spoiler

rsz_caesar_2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users