can't buy food w/ multiple servings - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

can't buy food w/ multiple servings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 paperinukke

paperinukke

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

how about paistopiste? or do you live elsewhere haha

That's a valid point, sadly I have gluten intolerance and those rarely have gluten free stuff, save for Karelian pastries  :mellow: Thanks for the suggestion though! 

• morningbird likes this

#22 yuh.mp3

yuh.mp3

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:39 PM

https://www.google.c...=N4qAMmplrrFybM

they sell these here

#23 tryingtofeellovelyagain

tryingtofeellovelyagain

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:49 PM

I absolutely relate! You’d be surprised what you can store in the freezer. I like this option because you have to go through the process of thawing out the food before you can eat it. It gives you thinking time to see if you really want to and stops you from immediately getting more.

Things I freeze:
-low cal bread
-low cal wraps
-most fruit

You can even stick pastries and leftovers in the freezer instead of the fridge. Also chocolate. For spreads you can probably purchase single serve cups (like the ones they serve salad dressing in on to-go orders in many restaurants) to break up the portions. I think they’re called condiment cups?

If there’s something I can’t freeze, like puffed wheat cereal, sometimes I’ll break up the bag into individual baggies or containers.

If I could only buy single servings that would be fantastic, but I’m a college student on a budget lol so buying things with multiple servings is usually cheaper.
  • laetitiabb likes this

#24 blind0ptimism

blind0ptimism

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:52 PM

YES. i feel this 100%, i start to feel guilty when it just sits around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 envyadams

envyadams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Locationhalfaxa

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:53 PM

Yep this is me, unless the food requires some kind of complex preparation. Like, I can buy a bag full of dry oats or raw ingredients in bulk, but a multi-pack of chocolate bars? A whole jar of Nutella when I was just craving one serving once? I'd sell my soul for single serving jars of spreads and butters, like 1 tablespoon of PB in a tiny little jar you can buy so that the temptation isn't there forever

They actually make things like that! You just have to special order them off of the internet.

And by special order, I mean hunt for them a bit. I'm sure there are options on amazon!

HW: 136.5lbs | LW: 110lbs | CW: 120lbs | GW1: 120lbs | GW2: 115lbs | GW3: 110lbs | UGW: 105lbs :D \

I need someone else
To look into my eyes and tell me
"Girl, you know you've got to watch your health"

#26 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4225 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:10 PM

Probably not available in the UK lol

Oh yea sry not sure bout that my bad I always default people to living in America lol
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" cw- 113.7

#27 laetitiabb

laetitiabb

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:41 PM

Soooo relatable. I just spent 20 minutes staring at bulk lentils (in the kind of store where you pour what you want into a bag and they weigh it for you), then got my 70mL cup out and measured it right there and then lol 

Height 160 - 5'2

HW: 57kg - 125

GW1: 49kg - 108

CW 104.9 - 47.7

GW2: 47kg - 103

GW3: 45kg - 99

then let's see

#28 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:55 PM

For those asking - lots of nut butters are sold in single servings.  Justin's, Jif, and a few others.  They're often $1 each but sometimes they're like 6/$5. I keep them in my purse for when I get hangry and there isn't food I can eat

I quit buying bagged foods that have more than 4 servings per container because who am I kidding with that nonsense?  The Costco-sized jumbo bags barely make it to TWO servings (and that bag, while huge, is labeled as sufficient for 24.  TWENTY FOUR PEOPLE no thanks I don't need that kind of negativity)

Single-serve costs more per their definition of "serving" but I actually get the listed # of servings out of it....so I'd argue my cost per serving is lower.  Plus I don't eat more than one or two before wrapper shame makes me quit

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#29 Trappedinsidethishell

Trappedinsidethishell

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2857 posts
  • Locationgreece

Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:45 PM

YES same

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic