I think my sister is catching on - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I think my sister is catching on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 becausetheysaidso

becausetheysaidso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:21 PM

Sorry in advance for any errors, I'm at work and don't have the chance to read over this!

I'm 18, my sister's 17, and I've had an ED since I was 11 or 12. I flip-flop between recovery and relapsing (I've never been diagnosed or place in Inpatient, so it's easy to flip-flop since no one is monitoring me). I don't think my sister knew about my eating disorder because one time she made a joke about how I looked better when I was anorexic and I know she wouldn't have said that if she knew that I was actually anorexic.

Two days ago, we were watching something on Netflix and I passively mentioned that I wanted to eat a Potbelly cookie, but it was 410 calories and would put me over my limit. She just laughed at me and said, "You never eat, one cookie won't hurt." I realized that I may have outed myself, then I ate the cookie in front of her and tracked it on my calorie-counting app. I made a joke about how I was 300 calories over my limit and she asked how many calories was I eating a day if it was 1pm and I was already 300 calories over my limit. I told her that I had been snacking all day and my calorie count was a secret.

Then, she came over to my grandmother's house yesterday (I'm staying with my grandmother so I can get SOME independence since I wasn't able to go to college due to the pandemic). They ordered Panda Express and I got the cream cheese rangoons since I'm a vegetarian and they both got some sort of orange chicken bowl. They were concerned that I wasn't eating enough and after some discussion among the two of them, my sister says, "She only eats 600 calories a day." I immediately got defensive (not aggressive tho) but before I could say anything, my grandmother said, "Yeah, I've never seen her eat and I live with her."

I just had to get that off my chest, since I can't tell my friends about it without admitting that I'm restricting again lol

#2 Brooksy90280

Brooksy90280

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:25 PM

Yeah that’s so shitty. It makes you feel out of control when other people pressure you to eat. They just don’t understand how important control is. I’m lucky I live alone, so the only time this happens is when I go out to restaurants and stuff

#3 Sherry_Berry

Sherry_Berry

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Locationyour fantasies

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:10 AM

The 600 calories thing from your sister was uncalled for, I'm sorry.

Height: 5'4.75"

CW: 118.8lbs (BMI: 19.9) -  12/1/20

GW1: 115lbs (BMI - 19.3)

GW2: 110lbs (BMI - 18.4)

GW3: 105lbs (BMI - 17.6)

GW4: 100lbs (BMI - 16.8)

GW5: 95lbs (BMI - 15.9)

UGW: 90lbs (BMI - 15.1) Goal by June 13

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind." - A Midsummer Night's Dream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users