Does anyone get these weird stomach pains? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does anyone get these weird stomach pains?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sydneyyyyyyy_m

sydneyyyyyyy_m

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:43 PM

I feel like these pains come because of guilt. It’s really weird. Like after I eat something I feel guilty of course, but I get these pains right after. It’s so hard to describe them without sounding like a complete idiot. But basically I feel like the fat in my stomach is growing and expanding, that’s what it feels like. Even though it isn’t true that’s the only way I can describe it. It’s like I can feel my stomach get even more bigger than it already is. And my stomach is already my biggest insecurity. Like the pain is tolerable but it’s really frustrating and annoying. It’s just the way it feels that really messes with my head. Like I legit feels like my fat in my belly is ripping and getting bigger and bigger. Its probably just my body coping with the guilt I guess.

I probably sound like a complete weirdo.

But does anyone else go through this or anything similar?

#2 Laura1982

Laura1982

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:11 AM

No you’re not alone, I get this. If I haven’t eaten for a while or if for days I’ve only eaten tiny amounts I get pain like hell when I eat more than usual. It’s like you’re digesting razor blades  :( I think it’s because you’re stomach literally isn’t used to much food. Also I get the feeling of my body expanding when I eat, I actually feel my thighs suddenly getting bigger and if I’m wearing tight jeans for example I can feel them suddenly get tighter. Or I feel like my face is getting rounder, I find it terrifying. I know this can’t be really happening I think it’s because we’re so aware of our bodies and hyper focused on the parts we don’t like. This is probably why it’s worse if I eat something higher in fat, I feel like it’s going to show up on me instantly  ^_^ x

#3 moonlove_x

moonlove_x

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:49 AM

yes omg. like when i lift weights and my muscles hurt because they are tearing and expanding.

so when i eat a meal i get bloated, my stomach hurts and i feel scared that its tearing and expanding lol

before my ED i could 3x more and feel fine but i thats because my stomach had more room

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#4 dainty~thin

dainty~thin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:22 AM

YES ME TOO but it's anxiety and stress for me because I know that it can cause stomach fat. So when I feel the bad kind of butterflies in my stomach I get more and more because I stress even more about knowing my stomach's getting fatter because it physically feels like it's growing.

#5 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12033 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:35 AM

probably the side effects of delayed gastric emptying from restriction.

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

Lowest BMI: 10.9

Highest BMI: 20+

Current BMI: 12's

tumblr_mnq9nnGReQ1s5bnmao1_500.gif

instagram

ask me stuff

accountability/pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users