Overweight to Underweight Struggles? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Overweight to Underweight Struggles?

loose skin overweight underweight struggles mental struggles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mauzi

mauzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:05 AM

pretty new to this site so I don't know if this has already been discussed somewhere, so:

anyone else on here who has been overweight/chubby and are now underweight? And if so, what struggles do you find yourselves grappling with as a result?
I had been an overweight child and then a very chubby teenager, then was at a lower normal weight for 3 years and now for abt 1 year underweight. And apart from the mental struggles (like never really believing people when they say you look skinny or always thinking you look fat) I also find myself being super annoyed with the loose skin. It's not an excessive amount but definitely enough to get me annoyed at my reflection.

Anyone else on here who has to deal with that or other things that don't seem to go away that easily?
Hope you all have a nice day!!
  • ProAnatomy likes this

#2 ProAnatomy

ProAnatomy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:23 AM

Though I’ve never been overweight, my face has always been naturally cheeky. Basically, when I smile, my cheeks would make me look like I’ve gained 20pounds. With that, I’ve been shamed for looking chubby-even though I’m not bodily large. On the other hand, when people look at my body, they tell me I’m skinny.

I don’t know what I am. What I have learned is that people are toxic and should honestly shut their mouths. Because of them, it’s going to be to difficult, but love yourself as YOU AND ONLY YOU.
Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5471487

***-Slowly Killing Myself-***

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loose skin, overweight, underweight, struggles, mental struggles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users