Plateau Experiences? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Plateau Experiences?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 miniball

miniball

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:19 AM

Share your stories! What was your longest plateau and how did you get out of it? 

Height: 173 cm/ 5'8

SW: 68.7kg/151.5lbs  BMI 23 (2nd Aug 2020)

GW1 60kg/132.3lb  BMI 20

GW2 55.5kg/122.4lb  BMI 18.5

GW3 52.5kg/115.7lb  BMI 17.5

GW4 50kg/110.2lb  BMI 16.7

GW5 48.7kg/107.4lb  BMI 16.3 (20kg lost)

UGW: 45kg/99.2lb  BMI 15

#2 DistressedOrange

DistressedOrange

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:02 AM

1-2 months in the same 1kg range is my entire weight loss summed up, tbh. I just keep doing what I'm doing until it eventually drops. It's frustrating seeing the same numbers all the time but I find that tracking the decimals can actually really help. I tend to fluctuate lower for a few days and then suddenly drop to the new kilo, then it repeats. Losing fat is a slower burn than losing water and glycogen so it takes a while after you've ran out of non-fat to lose
  • miniball and dancingontheborderline like this
"It's a very Greek idea, and a very profound one.

Beauty is terror.

Whatever we call beautiful, we quiver before it. And what could be more terrifying and beautiful, to souls like the Greeks or our own, than to lose control completely?"

-Donna Tartt, The Secret History

Click click for ~lyrics~

Spoiler

Accountability:

https://www.myproana...key-yes-really/

Body chek
https://www.myproana...ve-body-checks/

157cm/5'2"

Yikes

#3 moonlove_x

moonlove_x

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:03 AM

1 month stuck at 48kg

i broke it by having a binge day, i must have had 3000 calories. it was hard to eat but i didn't mind because i knew it would break my plateau. and it did, i lost a kg the next day!

it was frustating but i look back now and it was the best thing. i got to eat my fav foods and cravings and they helped to lose the weight

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • miniball likes this

#4 yellow_sun

yellow_sun

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:59 AM

I’m actually experiencing my longest plateau ever... haven’t lost any weight in two months, just been fluctuating between two weights and I know it sounds dramatic but I’ve literally had suicidal thoughts due to it. I’ve never had trouble with losing weight and my plateaus use to only last 1-2 weeks... this is very new to me and I don’t know how to cope with :( I’m sorry I can’t help you, because Inhavent brown my plateau yet I’m still in it... but hopefully it will
  • miniball likes this

Diagnosed with anorexia b/p subtype and on the autism spectrum

Height: 5'6 ft

#5 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3977 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:01 AM

I've been 111-114 since September
It sucks but I deal bc its infinitely better than gaining
I figure I'll break it when I can train fully again in march/spring
  • miniball likes this
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" cw- 113.7

#6 miniball

miniball

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:27 AM

I’m actually experiencing my longest plateau ever... haven’t lost any weight in two months, just been fluctuating between two weights and I know it sounds dramatic but I’ve literally had suicidal thoughts due to it. I’ve never had trouble with losing weight and my plateaus use to only last 1-2 weeks... this is very new to me and I don’t know how to cope with :( I’m sorry I can’t help you, because Inhavent brown my plateau yet I’m still in it... but hopefully it will

I'm sorry that you're in such a dark place, please message me if you ever need someone to talk to! You don't sound dramatic, I definitely understand plateaus making life seem unlivable - desperately trying to hold on to hope here!

Height: 173 cm/ 5'8

SW: 68.7kg/151.5lbs  BMI 23 (2nd Aug 2020)

GW1 60kg/132.3lb  BMI 20

GW2 55.5kg/122.4lb  BMI 18.5

GW3 52.5kg/115.7lb  BMI 17.5

GW4 50kg/110.2lb  BMI 16.7

GW5 48.7kg/107.4lb  BMI 16.3 (20kg lost)

UGW: 45kg/99.2lb  BMI 15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users