Trying to eat more for fertility - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Trying to eat more for fertility

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pitstop

Pitstop

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:35 AM

I'm trying to recover because me and my fiance have decided that we want a baby. Most of the time I'm ok about eating slightly more, but about once or twice a week I freak out and purge meals and I still can't stop counting calories.

I'm already worried that I've damaged my fertility after having EDNOS for 10 years.

My rational side says to just eat, my ED side says that I need to get to my LW before I get pregnant.

I'm BMI 18.7 so not underweight. But a bit of body fat will probably help my fertility and thus helping me to conceive.

#2 Queen001

Queen001

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:44 PM

I'm trying to recover because me and my fiance have decided that we want a baby. Most of the time I'm ok about eating slightly more, but about once or twice a week I freak out and purge meals and I still can't stop counting calories.

I'm already worried that I've damaged my fertility after having EDNOS for 10 years.

My rational side says to just eat, my ED side says that I need to get to my LW before I get pregnant.

I'm BMI 18.7 so not underweight. But a bit of body fat will probably help my fertility and thus helping me to conceive.

Did you even try to get pregnant yet ?

Many women think they can decide when to get pregnant but women with EDs cannot do it so easily.

If you have had an ED for so many years then I’d recommend you gain a bit of weight and be around a BMI of 20 at least for more chances to conceive and even then if you do then you should know it’s a blessing x

Good luck xx
  • Regina Phalange likes this

The logic behind why i stay sleepless and why i am always tired :

tumblr_n1xxwmjZAS1qg8qz7o1_400.gif

The reason why i will often sound vague :

1498570443-dexter.gif

#3 jpi332

jpi332

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1596 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:48 AM

Did you even try to get pregnant yet ?

Many women think they can decide when to get pregnant but women with EDs cannot do it so easily.

If you have had an ED for so many years then I’d recommend you gain a bit of weight and be around a BMI of 20 at least for more chances to conceive and even then if you do then you should know it’s a blessing x

Good luck xx

is conceiving with an ED difficult after you've recovered and weigh restored for a while? I've been anxious abt that for a while tbh

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#4 noaudience

noaudience

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:14 AM

It's hard. I had to gain almost into the overweight category just to conceive because even though my weight wasn't critical, I couldn't get my behaviors under control (couldn't eat more than OMAD, couldn't stop exercising like a maniac, couldn't stop purging).

I've had my ED for 25 years.

*Edit: Some women can get pregnant at critically low weights...I wasn't one of them. Risk of miscarriage goes way up for them too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Height: 5'6

HW - 150

LW - 89

CW - 105.4

GW1 - 130

GW1 - 120

GW2 - 110

GW3 - 100

GW4 - 90

UGW - 80

#5 Queen001

Queen001

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 January 2021 - 11:11 PM

is conceiving with an ED difficult after you've recovered and weigh restored for a while? I've been anxious abt that for a while tbh

I’m sure it will be difficult fir some even after recovery because I know of girls with BMIs above 20 that couldn’t get their period back still. If you search hard enough you’ll find cases like that on this forum too.

Good luck to all xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The logic behind why i stay sleepless and why i am always tired :

tumblr_n1xxwmjZAS1qg8qz7o1_400.gif

The reason why i will often sound vague :

1498570443-dexter.gif

#6 QuestToSkinny

QuestToSkinny

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 10:03 AM

My period is back but I have a history of bulimia (over 10 years ago) and off and on eating disorder patterns (underweight at times, but not often).

Just got fertility testing done because me and my husband are having trouble. I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (amh levels 0.3 ng/ml)

It’s so sad and I feel like I caused this

429927_b6f80e860ee44893ab01aafef6b2f46f.

"We've been given the dignity of choice; to become a part of what we could be, or all that we can be."

HW: 140 lbs/ BMI 21.9 ///// LW: 104 lbs/BMI 16.7

CW: 129 lbs/ BMI 20.3 updated 1/22/2020     

GW 1: 125 lbs /BMI 19.5 / Goal met:

GW 2: 120 lbs / BMI 18.8 / Goal met:

** UGW: 115 lbs / BMI 18.0 / Goal met: **

​MyFitnessPal username: QuestToSkinny (diary is public)

#7 roomofglass

roomofglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:58 AM

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm also trying to get pregnant right now after recovering. I had to gain some extra weight because my cycles are just too irregular, and gaining that weight has really triggered me. I feel like I'm in this constant battle of trying to gain/maintain weight so that I can get pregnant like I have wanted for so long, and the disordered part of my brain wanting to take over. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users