Lauren Brodauf - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Lauren Brodauf

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Chipsahoy_fo_ya_boi

Chipsahoy_fo_ya_boi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • LocationSalacious B. Crumb's pocket

Posted 07 February 2021 - 08:06 AM

I follow loads of people on Insta who are incredibly skinny and I always wonder if it’s natural or if they secretly have an eating disorder. I wonder this about people I see on the street too, I’ll walk past someone super skinny and I always wonder if they have an eating disorder.

Same, I feel I can always tell. I am convinced xD

6073e37695210d20fa149b6f7f079a20.jpg

#22 pixiehime

pixiehime

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5307 posts
  • LocationA lonely forest

Posted 07 February 2021 - 08:28 AM

17,6 runner here and I look nothing like her not even close so no higher than 16

yeah thats what i thought, she doesnt look healthy in my opinion but as someone else said its not really my place to judge her, I just really want to look that good lol her pictures are perfect

tumblr_lpwdirSVsi1qf6nfz.jpg

tumblr_inline_mo48u79p8d1qz4rgp.gifFairy princesstumblr_inline_mo48u79p8d1qz4rgp.gif

Height: 5'4
HW: 140 (BMI 24)
LW: 72 (BMI 12.4) 
CW: 86 (BMI 14.8)
~fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels~
GeneralFeistyGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif
tumblr_lpwdirSVsi1qf6nfz.jpg

#23 lamerfifi

lamerfifi

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:47 PM

i love her sm, ive always thought the same thing, ive been following her for about three years and ive always wanted to look like her

-mer <3

just another girl on her teen angst bullshit

they like my broken gag reflex until they find out i actually *heart eyes* purge 

add me as a friend i am always down to talk to you beauties! 

#24 Hereigo

Hereigo

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:11 PM

The way she poses gives off subtle ED vibes to me.
Like this photo. I feel like "normal" people wouldn't post a pic of themselves with their ribcage on display? They would probably think prominent ribs look weird, no?
5afa165626f7b5ece3c795a46aa59cb91595d0a0

But I don't want to accuse her of having an ED because of course I have no way of knowing for sure.
Plus, she has photos on her IG that were posted as far back as 2012, and it looks like she's always been on the slimmer side, and she used to be (or still is? Idk) a runner, so maybe she is just naturally skinny. Who knows.

I’m quoting this for the picture but I’m not sure if it will show up because I’m on my phone.

Those ribs look like it can’t be just naturally skinny, but I don’t know her health it could be another illness.
  • NewDart likes this

#25 blckcoldbrew

blckcoldbrew

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:24 AM

I’m quoting this for the picture but I’m not sure if it will show up because I’m on my phone.

Those ribs look like it can’t be just naturally skinny, but I don’t know her health it could be another illness.

She actually just posted on her story today that she’s taking a break from social media because of some serious health issues. A newly diagnosed GI disease and worsening ibs which is making her lose weight really fast. She seems like she wants to gain though so maybe not disordered?

#26 anski

anski

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 26 March 2021 - 03:29 AM

ohhh she’s pretty. id say she’s bmi 16-17

«𝚒 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗’𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚏. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚡𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢. 𝚒 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎»

#27 xl7

xl7

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6289 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 04:08 PM

If she "never mentions it" why are you allowed to bring it up and others allowed to comment on it? When I tried to put up a post about Adele's weight loss I was told off because it's not allowed to bring up a celebrity on this board unless she says she's anorexic. So why is everyone else allowed to do this?

There was a lot of controversy about Adele’s weight loss but it’s not not allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • not_my_body and skinnydreams2212 like this

#28 2BeThinEnough

2BeThinEnough

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3636 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:28 PM

She's super pretty and can I just thank you for posting this because I had my Instagram completely private as it was linked to some Eating Disorder stuff (recovery related mostly but still...) I am barely on Instagram and if you hadn't posted this I wouldn't have seen the fact that my kid borrowed my phone at some point and unprivatized me!!! I noticed bc another PTO dad was following me and my mother OMG
So ummm I'm Instagram stupid does it alert people if I kick them off as followers ? I don't think either would notice but the PTO parent I don't want to offend per say....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

#29 agavemag

agavemag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:52 PM

I will say I was watching one of her videos once where she was screenrecording on her phone and when she went to Safari, her entire Google homescreen showed a bunch of "ED recovery" websites as either history or bookmarks or whatever. I do think she has pretty severe GI issues though, so maybe that was caused by longterm ED throughout younger teen years on top of any persisting ED tendencies/behaviors she might have now

#30 agavemag

agavemag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:54 PM

Also I'd put her around 14-15, I'm a few inches taller than her and I've gained some from ~13 (maybe 5 pounds?) and we look quite similar. Definitely not higher than 16 like a lot of people are saying..

#31 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5684 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:07 PM

She definitely doesn't look that thin to me.

She seems just thin.

Nothing crazy about it.

Maybe slightly in the underweight category.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#32 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5684 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:09 PM

The way she poses gives off subtle ED vibes to me.
Like this photo. I feel like "normal" people wouldn't post a pic of themselves with their ribcage on display? They would probably think prominent ribs look weird, no?
5afa165626f7b5ece3c795a46aa59cb91595d0a0

But I don't want to accuse her of having an ED because of course I have no way of knowing for sure.
Plus, it looks like she's always been on the slimmer side (she has photos on her IG that were posted as far back as 2012), and she used to be (or still is? Idk) a runner, and runners tend to be naturally skinny, so maybe it is is just natural. Who knows.

I donno eh.

That photo looks off. Like, is it Photoshopped? It just doesn't look quite right.
  • skinnydreams2212 likes this
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

#33 lowkcalpleaseee

lowkcalpleaseee

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:20 AM

her bio on insta says she has a bowel disorder

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

#34 Lies in a mirror

Lies in a mirror

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2403 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:06 AM

She was pretty thin in her older photos as well (I guess cross-country in high school) but there's this certain gaunt look her face has now. It's way more than just her face slimming down due to becoming an adult. Her eyes look tired and have lost that vibrancy she used to have in her old pics and her cheeks definitely seem to give it away...

edit: I didn't realize she had a Youtube channel, she looks a little more alive there

Cheeks in profile pic are 100% me

Stats for quick reference:
Height: Less than 5'1"
HW: 124 lbs idk
LW: 83 
CW: Idek, prolly 100+   :ph34r:

#35 Wimp Biscuit

Wimp Biscuit

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts
  • LocationIn your kitchen, eating all your cereal right now probably

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:54 AM

Man from personal experience IBS can seriously fuck you up and make it almost impossible to maintain a normal diet or intake. When someone has a bowel disorder I make no assumptions about ED/weight stuff bcs it's honestly a miserable situation to be in

I just hope she finds a treatment/routine that helps improve her health + quality of life tbh

5w4 - INTJ  - Capricorn ☉  Scorpio ☽  Gemini  

aka: appendectomy /tiny astronomer

they/them

🍪 guess who's back, back AGAIN 🤙🏻 wimp is back, tell a friend..

#36 Hereigo

Hereigo

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:37 AM

I donno eh.

That photo looks off. Like, is it Photoshopped? It just doesn't look quite right.

I’m not usually good at picking up on photoshop but her one knee looks like it’s bulging in the side? Like as if she photoshopped her knee bigger to make her thigh look extra small?

#37 yellow_sun

yellow_sun

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:04 AM

There's no way she's naturally skinny 

I'm just going to judge her by her looks and to me it is obvious she has an eating disorder or disorded eating 

Diagnosed with anorexia b/p subtype and on the autism spectrum

Height: 5'6 ft

#38 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5684 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:58 PM

I’m not usually good at picking up on photoshop but her one knee looks like it’s bulging in the side? Like as if she photoshopped her knee bigger to make her thigh look extra small?

Yep I noticed this too. Either it's just on a weird angle or its Photoshopped because it doesn't look natural. I could be wrong but yeah.

#39 (333)

(333)

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Locationshe/her

Posted Yesterday, 04:43 PM

I love her videos!Her recent one is alarming she lost a bunch more and she actually looks concerning...

LBMI:10.8

GBMI:12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users