Toddler Noticing - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Toddler Noticing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xXWishBonesXx

xXWishBonesXx

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:14 AM

So my child is almost 1.5 years old now. I eat in front of them, try very hard not to exhibit any ED behaviors in front of them. But recently they have noticed me body checking. I will pinch and check my stomach and arms especially throughout the day, definitely a compulsion at this point I feel like I can't control. I try every day to stop doing it around them. But it doesn't always work. I do it almost without realizing. And my child has started pinching me in the same areas, especially if my shirt is lifted for breastfeeding or something. They will keep doing it as long as my skin is exposed, but redirecting the hands does seem to work sometimes.

I am probably too worried about it, as its just something they see me do and think its normal for them to do too. If I stop now they hopefully wont remember and will probably stop too. Has anyone else had a toddler or child do this? Any tips to try to control the compulsion?
Henrietta-biggle.png

HW - 178 (BMI 29.6)

Cw - 130 (BMI 21.6)

GWs - 125 - 120 - 115 - 110 - 105

UGW - 99

Height 5ft5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users