Scared of being alone forever - Page 2 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Scared of being alone forever

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 brevity

brevity

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 06:15 PM

Just to touch on the dating apps thing, though I never used an actual app, I did talk to a couple guys online and the thing that's stood out to me is just because we might have had some chemistry while chatting or hanging out, doesn't mean it'll be the same when we finally meet. I met someone online some years ago, and we were like each others' perfect match. On paper. Then when we met there was just nothing, and they ghosted me and it fucking sucked. That probably wouldn't happen every time but for me I'd rather just stick to in person and not waste my time getting my hopes up.

Anyway, I also feel like I'll be alone forever. I never was good at forming personal connections or talking to new people anyway. I'm asexual, not that crazy about sex, don't want children, and am not Christian/religious, and that makes it extra difficult. I feel like most of the men my age will have had kids already and I just can't with that lol. It feels pretty hopeless. 

For now I'm just trying to improve things with myself. Get skinny and hot, get financially stable. Get my own place. Because honestly, if I did meet someone, he's not fucking coming over here lmao. I live with my parents still and our dog don't like outsiders. Some date that'd be! So literally it feels pointless to even bother with a man. 

And tbh I have no fucking clue how people are hooking up in a pandemic. Do they just not give a fuck? Is the first date to get a covid test? It's lost on me and I know I'm too scared to make that kind of risk.  

+ accountability +

i owe this to myself.

5' | 152.4cm

sw: 188lbs

lw: 151

pw: 173.0 | 2/03/2021

cw: 171.6 | 2/11/2021

gw1: 174 | gw2: 153

ugw: 97

fmfl.

2021. let's do this shit!

#22 Farida

Farida

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:09 PM

I think its a positive thing to be single and 30. Most men your age and older are serious and looking for a stable relationship, you just have to find the one which is right for you.

#23 Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • Locationsitting in the middle, waiting

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:58 PM

If you meet someone who makes you happy, great, but if not better to be alone than in an unhappy relationship, just for the sake of being with someone. 

It's not always better to be in a relationship

GW: nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users