recent skincare buys you love? - Page 2 - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

recent skincare buys you love?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 ѕℓεερу ѕɦiɓε

ѕℓεερу ѕɦiɓε

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:28 AM

Physicians Formula matcha cleansing balm makes my skin feel like a baby's ass lmao it's amazing. Also so much better for makeup removal than wipes.

And of course, can't go wrong with pure argan oil.

[ Sent from your mom's phone ]

tpPuxQu.png

🖤

#22 xxjustanothernobodyxx

xxjustanothernobodyxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:54 PM

since i'm super broke at the moment, i'm trying to stick to budget skincare lol. but for the past 9 months or so, using revolution skincare mainly and some stocked up asian beauty I've been having really great results with.

etude house and skin food sheet masks, missha time revolution essence, a'pieu sunscreens, physicians formula brightening serum (AM before sunscreen- actually mattifies my otherwise oily prone skin), niacinamide/zinc serums (HUGE for me ~oily skin type solution and brightens, vitamin c and ferulic acid serums, lactic and glycolic acid, and a touch of matrixyl and retinol.

i'm 30 yrs old

Attached Files

Height 5'4" (162.5 cm) SW 155 lbs (70.3 kg)

🌷GW1 ~ 125 lbs bmi 21.5 ✅
🌷GW2 ~ 115 lbs bmi 19.7
🌷UGW ~ 108 lbs bmi 18.5

#23 xxjustanothernobodyxx

xxjustanothernobodyxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:02 PM

there are so many products i want to try but can't atm.. dear klairs supple preparation toner, cerave products (ceramides, HA, niacinamide, retinol formulations), COSRX galactomyces and the centella asiatica, round lab mugwort calming toner, neogen real ferment serum, azelaic acid

but alas.. that's a dream for another day haha

🌷GW2 ~ 115 lbs bmi 19.7
🌷UGW ~ 108 lbs bmi 18.5

#24 frostchild

frostchild

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSurvey Corps HQ

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:34 PM

since i'm super broke at the moment, i'm trying to stick to budget skincare lol. but for the past 9 months or so, using revolution skincare mainly and some stocked up asian beauty I've been having really great results with.

etude house and skin food sheet masks, missha time revolution essence, a'pieu sunscreens, physicians formula brightening serum (AM before sunscreen- actually mattifies my otherwise oily prone skin), niacinamide/zinc serums (HUGE for me ~oily skin type solution and brightens, vitamin c and ferulic acid serums, lactic and glycolic acid, and a touch of matrixyl and retinol.

i'm 30 yrs old

Your skin is literally GLOWING in the lighting, it looks so smooth omg that's incredible!

Recently bought some Jeju ice aloe vera moisturizer but I might buy a new toner once my current one runs out.  ^_^  There's a Korean brand that my best friend swears by whose name I can't remember.

• xxjustanothernobodyxx likes this

H: 153cm / SW: 67.8 kg (BMI 29)

GW1: 60 kg (BMI 25.6)

GW2: 54 kg (BMI 23.1)

GW3: 48 kg (BMI 20.5)

GW4: 42 kg (BMI 17.9)

UGW: 36 kg (BMI 15)

#25 xxjustanothernobodyxx

xxjustanothernobodyxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:25 PM

Your skin is literally GLOWING in the lighting, it looks so smooth omg that's incredible!

Recently bought some Jeju ice aloe vera moisturizer but I might buy a new toner once my current one runs out. ^_^ There's a Korean brand that my best friend swears by whose name I can't remember.

aww you're very sweet ty! i have always heard amazing things about actives sourced from jeju. like in k-beauty they have a near magical reputation in skincare lol. honestly tho i just adore asian beauty. yeah of course when i don't want to mess around, niacinamide, vit c, retinol will always be staple actives (eg the ordinary or inkey list), but i also like the more holistic approach seen in asian skincare. and ever since i heard about factory workers in asia, through rice ferment production - basically having hands that look decades fresher, i'm a huge believer that some natural, and botanical ingredients (along with simple ingredient/concentration basics) are the sweet spot to maximizing skin appearance.

thanks to pandemic, i wear make up less often (breathing!!) and do am and pm regimen really religiously. just about 9 months of trial and error, and lots of hours learning about skincare to make my habits better.

🌷GW2 ~ 115 lbs bmi 19.7
🌷UGW ~ 108 lbs bmi 18.5

#26 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊 ♡

𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊 ♡

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:52 PM

cerave hydrating cleanser, the ordinary citamin c suspension 30% in silicone

also not necessarily a new buy, but i've been really into oil cleansing lately. made my skin so soft

9d0a6386a7e1b3d3502601c9b7d0004095511754

рассвет не за горами

#27 frostchild

frostchild

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM

aww you're very sweet ty! i have always heard amazing things about actives sourced from jeju. like in k-beauty they have a near magical reputation in skincare lol. honestly tho i just adore asian beauty. yeah of course when i don't want to mess around, niacinamide, vit c, retinol will always be staple actives (eg the ordinary or inkey list), but i also like the more holistic approach seen in asian skincare. and ever since i heard about factory workers in asia, through rice ferment production - basically having hands that look decades fresher, i'm a huge believer that some natural, and botanical ingredients (along with simple ingredient/concentration basics) are the sweet spot to maximizing skin appearance.

thanks to pandemic, i wear make up less often (breathing!!) and do am and pm regimen really religiously. just about 9 months of trial and error, and lots of hours learning about skincare to make my habits better.

Just a lil bit of the Jeju gel is enough to hydrate my skin, I can vouch for it. ^^ I'm still kinda new and unfamiliar with all the intricacies of skincare and ingredients, so I'll research on those things you mentioned. Asian beauty is incredible and I adore it too. I love natural products and try to buy stuff made with local ingredients in my country. Going back to our roots (nature and the natural world, like using bentonite clay!) is wayyy better than pumping our skin full of artificial chemicals.

I'm happy that you've developed great skincare habits! The pandemic does have some positives and has given people plenty of free time to explore and learn new stuff, hahah. Tbh I doubt you even need to wear make-up if your skin is fresh-looking already! Just apply some SPF and you're swell.

#28 xxjustanothernobodyxx

xxjustanothernobodyxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:21 PM

Just a lil bit of the Jeju gel is enough to hydrate my skin, I can vouch for it. ^^ I'm still kinda new and unfamiliar with all the intricacies of skincare and ingredients, so I'll research on those things you mentioned. Asian beauty is incredible and I adore it too. I love natural products and try to buy stuff made with local ingredients in my country. Going back to our roots (nature and the natural world, like using bentonite clay!) is wayyy better than pumping our skin full of artificial chemicals.

I'm happy that you've developed great skincare habits! The pandemic does have some positives and has given people plenty of free time to explore and learn new stuff, hahah. Tbh I doubt you even need to wear make-up if your skin is fresh-looking already! Just apply some SPF and you're swell.

you seem like a really sweet person, frost ( :

i wish you all the best in your skincare/beauty process <3 and if you ever want to dive headlong into skincare obsession lol~ cassandra bankson and james welsh on youtube are a veritable wealth of info on every approach to skin care products ! james welsh in particular LOVES k beauty and he's hilarious to boot! hugs xoxo

🌷GW2 ~ 115 lbs bmi 19.7
🌷UGW ~ 108 lbs bmi 18.5

#29 frostchild

frostchild

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:34 AM

you seem like a really sweet person, frost ( :

i wish you all the best in your skincare/beauty process <3 and if you ever want to dive headlong into skincare obsession lol~ cassandra bankson and james welsh on youtube are a veritable wealth of info on every approach to skin care products ! james welsh in particular LOVES k beauty and he's hilarious to boot! hugs xoxo

Thank you for the compliment and for the channel reccs! Will watch them in my free time later. Watch me come back to this thread to post that I bought an entire store's worth of amazing products, hahah. Hope you have a nice day! ^-^

#30 Sticks-and-stones

Sticks-and-stones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNeptune

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:37 AM

I'm loving my new basic routine atm. 

Cerave cleanser pm

Cerave moisturizer am/pm

Garnier micellair water am/pm

Bondi Sands spf 50+ am

The ordinairy BHA peeling once every 2 weeks

Thought about buying a gentle scrub.  :)

'Do as you always have done and you will get what you have always gotten.'

CW: 49,7 GW: 47 LW: 46,3

-------------------------------

♒︎  ♍︎ - ♑︎

#31 sickfaerie

sickfaerie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2041 posts
  • Locationprobably sleeping.

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:18 PM

glycolic acid and retinol from the ordinary

#32 dumb cutie

dumb cutie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • LocationDrug Store

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:51 AM

swisse matcha tea clay mask.

stay safe, my dudes.
days binge free = 1

#33 hauntao

hauntao

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:45 AM

the ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% peeling solution n its incredible

I've been thinking about getting this! How often do you use it?

I bought The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% to take care of some oily areas and occasional zits that pop up. It's reduced my some redness in my face and the zits, I love it.

tumblr_p5zxj8aFcQ1r38ho3o2_100.gif

32 yo
INTP
Aqua/Virgo/Cap
she/her

#34 Melancholic Doll

Melancholic Doll

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTwilight Town

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:49 AM

Oh god, COSRX and The Ordinary were literal gifts from whatever god(s) you believe in for my skin.

I use COSRX's Good Morning gel cleanser, aloe vera sunscreen and rice overnight mask. The BHA was good but far too weak for my ugly ass pores lol, so I switched to The Ordinary's niacinamide + AHA BHA (on different days cause acids are no joke), and I also got the hyaluronic acid to prevent dryness from using acids. 

I've never had big issues, but my acne, crusty ass dry skin and blackheads basically disappeared- my skin has never looked so good, it's insane.

edit: oh yeah, I occasionally also use a clay mask by innisfree

I, too, want to be carried around, light as a feather, by a Prince Charming!

Accountability💕

10 Hearts for March challenge!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

85ab31e5f665800344af8a631cfd6654.gif

Height: 5'5"/165cm

SW (HW) : 143lbs / 65 kg (BMI 23.9)

CW: 136 lbs / 61.7 kg (BMI 22.7)

GW1: 130 lbs / 59kg

GW2: 121 lbs / 55kg

GW3: 114 lbs / 52 kg

UGW: 108 lbs / 49 kg (BMI 18.0)

ECKKp1.png