TW: What are the ig tags for EDs and SH? - Media and Art - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

TW: What are the ig tags for EDs and SH?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tearyblue

tearyblue

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:38 PM

Hello everyone, 

I'm currently in the midst of a downward spiral and before I do something really stupid, I'm looking for the ig tags for SH and bulimia and anorexia. 

All the ones I used to know have been replaced with all these colorful images and its not helping its only making it worse. The SH tag which I'm desperately looking for is gone and I can't find a replacement, please if anyone is reading this help me find the 'correct' tags...

Spoiler

#2 lelelu

lelelu

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Locationin bed

Posted 26 January 2021 - 04:04 PM

I feel your struggle. IG really has been deleting/hiding everything...

#3 tearyblue

tearyblue

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 04:06 PM

I feel your struggle. IG really has been deleting/hiding everything...

Honestly, it has, and I don't know where to go anymore :/ other than here I suppose

Spoiler

#4 seuri

seuri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationany/all prns

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:39 AM

super late but i thought i'd add my two (pretty useless) cents-

i don't know of any specific tags but i think ur best bet is just to find some individual ed acct handles and then follow along from there?

i absolutely get so annoyed by insta hiding all of the content- at least tumblr still lets you though lol. does anyone else get a sudden influx of "ed recovery and positivity!" content pushed onto their explore pages after they search for a tag like "thinspo"? normally goes away after one or two days but it really makes me feel like i'm being watched haha

#5 frostchild

frostchild

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSurvey Corps HQ

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:36 AM

Late reply too but thought I'd chime in since I stumbled upon here too, hahah.

As someone who had ED IG a couple months ago, I found similar accounts when I followed nothing but thinspo (models/fashion/people like Eugenia C.) and had my bio saying my stats like "tw ed sh, ugw XX cw YY". You'll be recommended with ED and SH accounts soon enough. It's a slow trickle that builds up over time. Trying searching up "tw ed" and click on the users tab, you might find some people who are on public and then you can check their followings/followers. Most accounts are on private but people will generally be more receptive to follow you if you write that you're "active [month] 2021".

If anything, you can find whatever content you need faster on Tumblr (with that oh-so iconic concerned pop-up) or Twitter (#thinspo, "proana", and "tw sh" will get you stuff instantly, no warnings given lmao). 

super late but i thought i'd add my two (pretty useless) cents-

i don't know of any specific tags but i think ur best bet is just to find some individual ed acct handles and then follow along from there?

i absolutely get so annoyed by insta hiding all of the content- at least tumblr still lets you though lol. does anyone else get a sudden influx of "ed recovery and positivity!" content pushed onto their explore pages after they search for a tag like "thinspo"? normally goes away after one or two days but it really makes me feel like i'm being watched haha

Same, hahah. I know it's the algorithm doing its thing but that doesn't mean I like insta hiding stuff or shoving recovery/positivity at my face. It's nothing but annoying because most of us just want a place to peacefully vent and post thinspo with people who understand what we're going through.

H: 153cm / SW: 67.8 kg (BMI 29)

GW1: 60 kg (BMI 25.6)

GW2: 54 kg (BMI 23.1)

GW3: 48 kg (BMI 20.5)

GW4: 42 kg (BMI 17.9)

UGW: 36 kg (BMI 15)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users