Low carb foods for lazy people like me? - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Low carb foods for lazy people like me?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ChunkyGurl

ChunkyGurl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:41 AM

I'm not a huge fan of spending time to cook a meal from scratch. I'm looking for some easy super low carb foods to eat. Does anyone know of any supermarket brought foods, for example in packets and tins or something quick to bung in the oven? The lower the carbs, the better. Thanks. 👍

I've found a few already. They're not exactly healthy options, but they work keto wise.

- corn beef
- meat slices I.e turkey, chicken
- hot dog sausages in a tin
- heck sausages
- cheese triangles or string snacks
- Eggs
- Tinned tuna
- Mayonnaise
- precooked chicken breasts
- Bacon
- Almond milk with protein shake

Any other suggestions?

-----------------

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" - Mark Twain

---------

"You must be ready at any moment, to sacrifice what you are, for what you will become..." - Eric Thomas

----------

0f606aaa27dddc68f12df7c8a1d9253e

#2 Monster Man

Monster Man

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in hell, probably

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:49 AM

Fruits and veggies are great when it comes to healthy carbs. According to keto diets you should avoid fruit, but I don’t see why they gotta ruin even something simple and healthy like fruit.

Sent from a hole in the ground
  • Batty2020 and impetus.lily like this

He/Him

169cm | 5'6"

HW: 70kg | BMI: 24.5

CW: 45kg | BMI: 15.5

GW: 40kg | BMI: 14

#3 phoenixthelost

phoenixthelost

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:31 AM

Olives, avocados, and nuts are also low carb.
☆We fall in love with the unattainable.☆

#4 Igorina

Igorina

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3348 posts
  • LocationThe downstairs laboratory in the castle you shouldn't go near.

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:46 AM

Fruits and veggies are great when it comes to healthy carbs. According to keto diets you should avoid fruit, but I don’t see why they gotta ruin even something simple and healthy like fruit.

Sent from a hole in the ground

I could say the same about low fat diets "Why do they have to ruin something healthy like nuts -_-"

But I don't go onto low fat threads and say that...or go onto fruitarian threads and preach the wonders of organic free range eggs.

You can have lower carb fruits in moderation on a keto diet though (lemon, strawberries, raspberries, etc) but that isn't the point of my comment.

Likewise you can have nuts in moderation (a bit too restrictive to me; 2 brazil nuts a day) on a low fat diet. But that also isn't the point.

It all depends on how many carb or how many fat grams you allow yourself whilst still being keto or low fat.

I sauté vegetables every night, and eat pan fried meat regularly. That would be what I would recommend because it's easy and quick. But OP is asking for stuff you can put in the oven.

To OP:

maybe it helps if you google "low carb casserole recipe" or "low carb oven recipe".

• eily, LittleLexi, CyradisNyx and 5 others like this

Temporary lapse.

#5 starshapes

starshapes

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:57 PM

prosciutto!! and string cheese. that's kind of my easy go-to anytime food and it's super tasty. plus I pull each of them apart in skinny strips so eating it lasts longer. premade deviled eggs are usually at my grocery store. and those rotisserie chickens are always good! chili from the soup section, but don't eat a lot of it because it's kinda carby. better to make your own of course but if you're in a rush and just want easy things it's there.

get a mini waffle maker to make chaffles (stir cheese with an egg in a cup and add some spices), they are really easy and low carb and it feels like you're eating something carby :) I add pepperoni and italian seasoning like a pizza, then cut into 4 or 6 pieces and dip them in Rao's marinara sauce. but you can also put on cream cheese or SF syrup or w/e, they are very versatile

there are a ton of items with "keto" label at the grocery store but I don't trust them, whenever I try those little dessert cups or whatever my weight will stall. prob cause of artificial sweeteners

get a mini waffle maker to make chaffles, they are really easy and low carb and it feels like you're eating something carby :) 

• Igorina, inwonderland9, BitchJuice and 1 other like this

#6 Igorina

Igorina

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3348 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 10:10 PM

prosciutto!! and string cheese. that's kind of my easy go-to anytime food and it's super tasty. plus I pull each of them apart in skinny strips so eating it lasts longer. premade deviled eggs are usually at my grocery store. and those rotisserie chickens are always good! chili from the soup section, but don't eat a lot of it because it's kinda carby. better to make your own of course but if you're in a rush and just want easy things it's there.

get a mini waffle maker to make chaffles (stir cheese with an egg in a cup and add some spices), they are really easy and low carb and it feels like you're eating something carby :) I add pepperoni and italian seasoning like a pizza, then cut into 4 or 6 pieces and dip them in Rao's marinara sauce. but you can also put on cream cheese or SF syrup or w/e, they are very versatile

there are a ton of items with "keto" label at the grocery store but I don't trust them, whenever I try those little dessert cups or whatever my weight will stall. prob cause of artificial sweeteners

get a mini waffle maker to make chaffles, they are really easy and low carb and it feels like you're eating something carby :)

Ooh, I want to try chaffles. I whatsapped my mom to ask her not to throw her waffle iron out :)

• starshapes likes this

Temporary lapse.

#7 starshapes

starshapes

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:05 PM

Ooh, I want to try chaffles. I whatsapped my mom to ask her not to throw her waffle iron out :)

I forgot about them until recently! they are really filling too. I like to make them as bread for sandwiches and it's very tasty!

• Igorina likes this

#8 BitchJuice

BitchJuice

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationРоссия

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

Okay I’ll let you in on one of my favourite low carb and super filling meals:

- chicken breast or whatever meat you like
-spaghetti sauce
-iceberg lettuce
-salt

I put my chicken in a bowl, pour over my sauce, heat it up, add my lettuce and salt and voilà 🤌

The only thing that has carbs is the sauce and it’s really not a lot. I only use 1/4 a cup of it vs the 1/2 cup serving size.

Around 120 cals for thé amount of chicken I put in
40 cals for the sauce
15 for the iceberg lettuce
=175 cals! Il

It fills me up a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"all i've had today, is like, six gummy bears and some scotch"

9X4Im5.png

#9 aces_keeper

aces_keeper

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationWith my dog and horse

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:05 PM

my favorite favorite favorite keto snack is bell pepper, cream cheese, everything but the bagel seasoning, and pepperonis! SO glad and really hits the cheese craving for me. 

The 2 good yogurts are good too. I mix nut butter in sometimes when I am really looking to spice things up lmao. 

• Carrie_Pilby likes this

25 years old. 5'6. LW: 130 SW: 251 CW: 226.0 GW: 125

251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227

226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202

201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185 184 183 182 181 180 179 178 177

176 175 174 173 172 171 170 169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160 159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152

151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125

#10 Igorina

Igorina

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3348 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:29 PM

I forgot about them until recently! they are really filling too. I like to make them as bread for sandwiches and it's very tasty!

What kind of cheese do you use? I saw an article saying that if you use mozzarella they taste less of cheese and more neutral (and more suitable to use a sweet topping, such as whipped cream or sugar free syrup).

Temporary lapse.

#11 starshapes

starshapes

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:37 PM

What kind of cheese do you use? I saw an article saying that if you use mozzarella they taste less of cheese and more neutral (and more suitable to use a sweet topping, such as whipped cream or sugar free syrup).

yep I use mozzarella, it really doesn't even taste like cheese unless you get it very crispy on the edges. 

• Igorina likes this

#12 Igorina

Igorina

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3348 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:19 PM

yep I use mozzarella, it really doesn't even taste like cheese unless you get it very crispy on the edges. 

Thank you, I will definitely be trying this sometime in the future.

Temporary lapse.

#13 IWantToSeeMySpine

IWantToSeeMySpine

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 11:44 AM

Dairylea in the triangles in more convenient, but be carfeul as i remeber the laughing cow is better than actual dairylea, but has to be full fat laughing cow. Obviously the strings are good to an take me back to primary school lunch boxes

Pepperamis are my god send for snacking. 

Making egg rolls in bulk and then going throuhg then in the next like 2 days is good also

theres a really good casserole type recipie on diet doctor or something i think. Its basically low carb pesto, heavy cream, olives (i omit), chicken and cheese, and the chicken can be pre cooked, so you can just mix and shove in the oven. 

The alpro yaoughut is almost 0 net carbs, as long as you get sugar free, i jazz this up usually with some ground almonds to give it a better texture and maybe some sort of flavouring, i.e almond or peanut butter. 

Pre sliced cheese with butter on it (gross sorry) but hits a lot of my cravings

Mushrooms are pretty good, i think like 3g per 100, can also be put into omlettes or eggs and things like this, easily seasoned too and feel more carby. I fry them, but this makes the smaller (but much tastier!). The trick is not to wash them first otherwise they absorb way too much water, you can always use a dry cloth to clean them. 

Coleslaw is awesome, just try and get the brands or types without alot of carrots of sweet veg in them, stick to cabbage and make your own if you can. 

Different types of cheese can mix it up, not just cheddar and mozzerla but feta is amazing, haloumi and brie for example are great.

Im just getting back into this. I did 8 good weeks of keto but then i dont remeber but obviously got back on carbs, doing this again for hopefully 3 monthsish befor gradually eating normally again. Hope this helps ☺️

#14 Myspys

Myspys

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:20 PM

Salmon in any form is simple, easy and tasty

#15 buddingstem

buddingstem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:04 AM

Perdue Chicken Breast Shortcuts are really good when just microwaved. V moist and lovely; I put them on a papertowel tho bc they're almost a little TOO moist, haha.

Dipping them in some honey mustard is basically like having nugs.

Also I will say this thread inspired me to buy myself a mini waffle iron, and I just asked my bff for one that makes wee little hearts for my birthday :') Excited to try a chaffle!

• Existentialbread likes this

daq7od3-8588f225-c3ca-48ce-8691-64cae589

accountability: whine in the city

#16 IWantToSeeMySpine

IWantToSeeMySpine

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:41 PM

Just found Waitrose ready meals. There not like gross microwave but "easy cook" like prepared chicken and shit.

There's at least 4 low carb options that I've found. Fits your her if perfectly.

Pm me and I can send links if you want but there quite easy to find

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#17 ChocoholicCyclist

ChocoholicCyclist

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:18 PM

Frozen meatballs. Cheese.

I sometime go to a nearby In-N-Out drive thru and get a customized burger or two. Beef, lettuce, tomato, raw onion...and nothing else. No bread or sauces.

While it involves a little more effort in driving, the upside of that is easier portion control. While I do generally keep a fair amount of food in the house, I somehow find it easier to say "this meal is over" after the warm food I just purchased is gone. Without that sort of distinction, I can find myself endlessly grazing on whatever I find in the refrigerator or freezer.

A guy in his 30's gradually working off pounds gradually added since college.

6'2 (188 cm)

HW 257 lb (116.5 kg) late 2020

LW/CW 228 6/21

Going for overall fitness. Hope to be under 210 by year end.

kik/insta ChocoholicCyclist

#18 dr3am

dr3am

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts
  • LocationBeach Town

Posted 13 April 2021 - 11:41 AM

I usually grill a whole pack of chicken breasts and keep a few bags of the frozen cauliflower rice on hand....just microwave the cauliflower...throw in a cut up chicken breast ...and instant dinner. I like things quick and simple most of the time, too. I also love the really thin shredded cabbage (I buy it pre-cut and bagged, so it's ready to go...), add a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet and spend about 4-5 minutes sauteing the cabbage...then add a cut up, precooked chicken breast...and *bam*...another quick meal! Sometimes if my husband and I order Chinese food ( I always get the broccoli. light on the brown sauce in a large size so I can get about 3 meals out of it), I add this into the above two meals...or...just add a another precooked chicken breast! It's also delicious over the cauliflower rice alone without chicken, too.

I always have salad greens and avocados and olives on hand as well...throw in a chicken breast and you now have another meal. Easy, peasy...

SW: 192 lbs.
GW: 110 lbs

Todays Current Weight:
111 lbs.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

OMG...only one pound away from my old goal weight! Perhaps 95lbs? 

(I have gained from a bad binge time frame and I am pissed at the world!)

UGW: 95 lbs.
Used to be 92 lbs. ;)
Height: 5' 2"

Next Goal: 130 lbs.

Next Goal: 120 lbs.

Next Goal: 110

my accountability thread... (171 lbs -130 1/2 lbs)

my new accountability thread ....(149 1/2 lbs - *110 lbs as a goal*)

#19 ThatOneCrazyBitch

ThatOneCrazyBitch

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:27 PM

Hey! If you're in the US at Fred Meyer they have keto slimfast single serving bottles, kiss my keto bars and whole rotisserie chicken. I'm super lazy with cooking and mostly eat prepackaged food like that
Hw- 169.6 BMI- 27.8
Cw- 149 BMI- 24.4
Lw- 111 BMI- 18.2

Gw1- 160 BMI- 26.2 leggings
Gw2- 150 BMI- 24.6 New jeans
Gw3- 140 BMI-22.9 New sweater
Gw4- 130 BMI- 21.3 New make-up
Gw5- 120 BMI- 19.7 New lingerie
Ugw- 110 BMI- 18.0 New jeans

#20 smallandfierce

smallandfierce

• Members