A month of hearts and (calorie-free) candy - Feb Check-in Thread - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

A month of hearts and (calorie-free) candy - Feb Check-in Thread

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2926 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 01 February 2021 - 12:17 PM

howdy howdy

It's going to get BITTER cold this week.  I just ordered super-insulated boots to wear on our evening walks.  Hope they work.

Nothing new on the weight front as I'm trying to only weigh once a week.  Feeling generally not fat. Honestly my legs look pretty dang good in clothes - clear thigh gap.  I really want to find new jeans that fit this new rockin mom bod haha

Goals for this month -

• lose 2 more lbs (I have a visit w my son in 2 weeks or I'd say lose 3-4 lbs)
  • Stay the course

what y'all got planned?

• Breathless575, viofem, *~pixie angelheart~* and 2 others like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#2 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 01:00 PM

I want to lose four pounds this month.  I want to finally figure out if i am better off eating protein or veggies! 

• Breathless575, Elspeth, thinstrument and 2 others like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#3 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:04 PM

Hey all, Happy February. My goal for the month is to see 120 on the scale, even if I have to be very dehydrated to get there. I have gotten down to about 124 (from about 128) through calorie cycling. I eat one meal plus one snack three days a week, and the other days I eat normally but try to not binge. It seems to be working, but instead of being happy about that, I feel anxious of 'falling off the wagon' and gaining the weight back. Ah, happiness why are you so fleeting?

Thin, your progress over the last six months or so is WOW-mazing. :) 

• Breathless575, viofem, thinstrument and 1 other like this

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#4 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:05 PM

I want to lose four pounds this month.  I want to finally figure out if i am better off eating protein or veggies! 

Four pounds sounds like a great goal, doable but super solid progress. 

• Breathless575 and viofem like this

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#5 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:23 PM

You know what’s fun? Sitting in the living room while your spouse and stepson talk about you.

I guess I need to lose 10 lbs now

F that
  • Breathless575 likes this

#6 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1070 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 06:13 AM

Four pounds sounds like a great goal, doable but super solid progress. 

yeah, I lost 80 pounds losing very quickly in the beginning and then four pounds a month.  Took me a little over a year.  My metabolism is very low so even though i eat 700 calories a day, i don't lose quickly.

• Breathless575 and thinstrument like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

#7 FatGrandma

FatGrandma

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 08:44 AM

I'm hoping to lose 10. Maybe too ambitious, but I am so disgusted with the pandemic weight. I gained 25 lbs last year! Hopefully this will be a good month for all of us to meet our goals! Avoiding alcohol and carb binges are probably key for me. And being more active!

• Breathless575, thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~* and 1 other like this

#8 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico (US)

Posted 02 February 2021 - 08:58 PM

I'm still here -- sort of...  :unsure:  I've been maintaining around 125 lbs (BMI 20.8). Believe it or not, my plan for the month is to simply continue maintaining while I figure out how to lose weight, now that I'm juggling all these physical issues. Besides the daily chronic pain and fatigue from fibromyalgia, and the neuropathy in my feet, which the podiatrist says is also probably from the fibromyalgia (and that also gets worse the more I'm on my feet!), I also have silent reflux disease that seems to get worse, the more I restrict! ARGH!!!!  :( 

• Breathless575, thinstrument, shannie and 1 other like this

5'5"

Current BMI: "Normal" (i.e., FAT!)

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

Lowest Adult Weight: 87 lbs (BMI 14.5)

HW: 165 lbs (pregnancy)

GW: ???

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/gallery/album/5861-pics-of-me/

#9 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 05:54 PM

oh man angel, that is a lot.  weirdly my silent reflux is triggered by cold food.  Ice cream, popsicles, my AM smoothie.  I just cough a lot. 

• Breathless575 and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

#10 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 07:13 AM

Weighed in at 122 this morning so I *think* I am slowly making progress. We are in a cold snap here so I am not sure what my exercise can be for the next week. I might need to go up and down our one flight of stairs a bunch of times. (Wind chill today is 28 below). 

How is everyone else doing? 

• Breathless575 and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

Ortho athlete

40+

#11 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 07:16 AM

I'm still here -- sort of...  :unsure:  I've been maintaining around 125 lbs (BMI 20.8). Believe it or not, my plan for the month is to simply continue maintaining while I figure out how to lose weight, now that I'm juggling all these physical issues. Besides the daily chronic pain and fatigue from fibromyalgia, and the neuropathy in my feet, which the podiatrist says is also probably from the fibromyalgia (and that also gets worse the more I'm on my feet!), I also have silent reflux disease that seems to get worse, the more I restrict! ARGH!!!!  :( 

Your plan sounds very sensible. Your persistence in spite of challenges is inspiring. I think a lot of people 'give up' on weight management at a certain age because of all of this kind of crap, but that is not the only option. Hugs to you. 

• *~pixie angelheart~* likes this

Ortho athlete

40+

#12 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:23 PM

woot shed another pound.  BMI 17.7

next week i am visiting my son and I imagine there will be lots of food....so this is my buffer week....

Had a job interview yesterday and had to put on pants...haha I am lucky they literally did not fall off when I stood up. (not the way i want to be remembered lol) When I put them on there was literally room to put 2 fists in the waistband without any stretching.  whoa

• viofem, *~pixie angelheart~* and Thaisa like this

#13 lil_lottie

lil_lottie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 12:36 PM

Goal this month is the hit 150(weighing myself tomorrow)
Other goals:
drink 64 ounce water
exercise every day
fit into size 8s
  • Aries419, thinstrument and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

#14 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico (US)

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:54 PM

oh man angel, that is a lot.  weirdly my silent reflux is triggered by cold food.  Ice cream, popsicles, my AM smoothie.  I just cough a lot. 

That IS weird! Since cold food makes me too cold, I rarely eat it. I even prefer my water to be room temperature. Probably the coldest thing I ever have is almond milk in my cereal!

Your plan sounds very sensible. Your persistence in spite of challenges is inspiring. I think a lot of people 'give up' on weight management at a certain age because of all of this kind of crap, but that is not the only option. Hugs to you. 

Thanks, Thaisa. I don't think it's so much persistence, as not being ABLE to give up, literally. I've just been at this too long.  :unsure:

• Thaisa likes this

5'5"

Current BMI: "Normal" (i.e., FAT!)

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

Lowest Adult Weight: 87 lbs (BMI 14.5)

HW: 165 lbs (pregnancy)

GW: ???

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/gallery/album/5861-pics-of-me/

#15 lil_lottie

lil_lottie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:18 AM

So I weighed myself this morning and it’s 163.2 which is great but I’m so excited to get into the 150’s
  • thinstrument likes this

#16 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:44 AM

That IS weird! Since cold food makes me too cold, I rarely eat it. I even prefer my water to be room temperature. Probably the coldest thing I ever have is almond milk in my cereal!

I drink warn water too!  I nuke a 20 oz mug for a minute.  Warm but not hot. 

the only time I use ice cubes is when my coffee is too hot.  I'm basically Goldilocks over food :D

• viofem and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

#17 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1070 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:30 AM

I like water room temperature and coffee iced.

• thinstrument and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

#18 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 10:36 AM

My weight is still bumping around from 122-125. I feel like what works for me is doing IF as frequently in the week as possible. The problem is that I stink at this when I'm home and bored. If only I could work about three jobs and hardly be home. I would be a paper clip lol! Ironically, it also helps me to do less cardio (i.e. not run as much). I also try to keep myself motivated by putting on my bikini once in a while for a body check. 

How is everyone else doing? 

Ortho athlete

40+

#19 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 11:55 AM

I'm at same old same old.  Will weigh in Saturday, that's been my usual.  Hoping another lb falls off this week before I visit DS and have to eat! 

• Thaisa likes this

#20 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:04 AM

ugh, didn't lose and may be a hair above where i was last weekend....ugh ugh ugh

It's fine, it's fine, I'm nearly 50 and wearing a size 25 waist, wtf am I going for here? 

In my workout clothes you can see my hip bones and my chest bones through my shirt....yet....

Honestly, I don't "need" to lose weight but I DO NOT WANT TO GAIN and gain means not losing so.... gah

going to visit my son tomorrow and will try not to think about this for a few days, then back at it when i return. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users