A month of hearts and (calorie-free) candy - Feb Check-in Thread - Page 2 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

A month of hearts and (calorie-free) candy - Feb Check-in Thread

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 13 February 2021 - 12:16 PM

Hi pixie angel heart...it’s good to see you again and I’m so sorry you’re dealing with so many health issues.  xoxo

So, I’ve already eaten half the valentines kisses I bought for tomorrow :( 

In January I decided to gain and maintain, but now that I have I feel like crap and hate myself. I’d like to lose 2-3 lbs this month then see how I feel.  

• thinstrument and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

Ht. 5'3"
CW 80lbs

LW 75lbs
GW ??

#22 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 02:10 PM

ugh, didn't lose and may be a hair above where i was last weekend....ugh ugh ugh

It's fine, it's fine, I'm nearly 50 and wearing a size 25 waist, wtf am I going for here? 

In my workout clothes you can see my hip bones and my chest bones through my shirt....yet....

Honestly, I don't "need" to lose weight but I DO NOT WANT TO GAIN and gain means not losing so.... gah

going to visit my son tomorrow and will try not to think about this for a few days, then back at it when i return. 

I completely understand the 'knowing you don't need to lose but being terrified of gaining' and so thus needing to lose. This 100% I hope you have a good visit with you son :) Enjoy the 'break' 

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#23 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 02:11 PM

Hi pixie angel heart...it’s good to see you again and I’m so sorry you’re dealing with so many health issues.  xoxo

So, I’ve already eaten half the valentines kisses I bought for tomorrow :(

In January I decided to gain and maintain, but now that I have I feel like crap and hate myself. I’d like to lose 2-3 lbs this month then see how I feel.  

I'm sure there was a reason you wanted to gain and maintain in January. Try not to feel bad. Enjoy the benefits if you can (like more headspace for other things that you probably got that month). 

• shannie likes this

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#24 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 02:12 PM

I'm poo pooing today because my weight is up to 125. My eating has been the same, but somehow the scale is creeping up. Hate that! Trying to shift my attention today to doing something nice for the Mr. 

• *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this

Ortho athlete

40+

#25 lil_lottie

lil_lottie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:35 PM

Weighing in Sunday and I need to dial it back in. Got to get my water intake back up. But I’m bavk to logging my food on mfp and writing it down so that helps. The exercise has been nada and I feel so bad about it. Hard to get stuff done when it’s so damn cold outside. I miss going for jogs outside
  • thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this

#26 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2926 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:55 AM

So I’m back from visiting my kid. It was awesome. My eating was not awesome. Yesterday I felt bloated and gross....

This AM debated stepping on the scale. Don’t do this to yourself, thin, it’ll be a high fake number that doesn’t mean anything because you are BACK ON TRACK today.

I did it anyway. Because I wanted to be SURE I nipped gain in the bud and SHOWED myself that I can’t just let loose like that.

I lost a half pound. HAHAHAHAHA also wtf 😂 😳 😜

Doesn’t change my BMI, still 17.7. Also got a good look at myself in my son’s mirror. Holy hell I’m skinny. Now by my last day there I was bloated and “fat” so didn’t really see it anymore but it was honestly a bit of a shock.

Anyway. It’s Effing cold here and why can’t I live in the south
  • *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#27 Aries419

Aries419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:25 PM

Hi All- I’m so grateful that there is a forum for those of us that are over 40... I’m DONE with fighting the scale and need to achieve my goal of losing 20lb by my grad school graduation in May. This is going to be rough. I appreciate all your support.
  • Breathless575, viofem, thinstrument and 2 others like this

151-150-149-148-147-146-145-144-143-142-141-140-139-138-137-136-135-134-133-132-131-130

#28 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:40 PM

Hi Aries and welcome 👋

#29 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:22 AM

ooh the hubs gave me a serious talk this AM.  Super sweet guy and yes I am thin but my BMI is nearly 18....surely not needing that level of reaction?  I am confused.  I'm thin but so many people have BMI of 15-16? 

Confused and puzzled and he's on watch now so I'm going to have to be a little more careful....

• viofem, *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this

#30 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:30 PM

Hubs was on my azz all day yesterday regarding my weight. Hoo boy.

I was kind of spoiled thinking I didn’t have to be sneaky. Lol joke’s on me

He wants me to gain 10 lbs. I told him I wouldn’t lose any more weight but Maury may determine that that was a lie

Idk 🤷‍♀️
  • shannie likes this

#31 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2357 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:04 PM

Hi All- I’m so grateful that there is a forum for those of us that are over 40... I’m DONE with fighting the scale and need to achieve my goal of losing 20lb by my grad school graduation in May. This is going to be rough. I appreciate all your support.

Hi and welcome!  Glad you joined us. 
xo

• Aries419 likes this

Ht. 5'3"
CW 80lbs

LW 75lbs
GW ??

#32 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2357 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:05 PM

Hubs was on my azz all day yesterday regarding my weight. Hoo boy.

I was kind of spoiled thinking I didn’t have to be sneaky. Lol joke’s on me

He wants me to gain 10 lbs. I told him I wouldn’t lose any more weight but Maury may determine that that was a lie

Idk ‍♀

Ugh...a catch 22!  They don’t notice...we freak out.  They do notice...we freak out. What a bummer. 
xo

• thinstrument and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

Ht. 5'3"
CW 80lbs

LW 75lbs
GW ??

#33 lil_lottie

lil_lottie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:29 AM

Sigh ok not down a pound but if I could get my fat ass motivated to work out I’m sure it’d be better. So today I’m on liquids. Ballerina workout once I clean the kitchen so that will help.
  • Breathless575 and thinstrument like this

#34 FatGrandma

FatGrandma

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:01 AM

Late in January I had a serious flare of GERD. Mostly because of comfort eating and too much wine. That's why I haven't been here lately - I feel like I don't belong when I am in a binge cycle. Reflux and esophagitis are miserable, but the silver lining is I really can't drink or eat a lot of garbage till it clears up a bit, and I am down 4 lbs. WHY is it so much harder to lose weight as we get older?!

• Breathless575, thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~* and 2 others like this

#35 dontreallycare

dontreallycare

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:15 PM

And post menopause is even worse. It seems like it takes me forever to see any change.

• Breathless575, thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~* and 1 other like this

5' 2"

HW 160 (WTH!)

SW 159 (whale)

CW 138.2 ( :( )

GW1 150 (whale shark)

GW2 140 (walrus)

GW3 130 (better)

GW4 120 (almost there...)

UGW 115 (Finally!!)

#36 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:47 AM

Barely another 1/2 pound off....BMI 17.5 and if I lose ONE MORE POUND I will be at my lowest weight EVER EVER at adult height.  (As far as I know.  When I was 10 I weighed 120 lbs, no idea how tall I was but certainly was a lot shorter than now because I was a chonky gal - everyone in my class was like 80-90 lbs.  I remember that "thunk" of the scale weight moving - you know, the BIG WEIGHT, when they weighed you in front of the class....shudder)

I had to go to the doctor's office this week - I was not prepared to be weighed.  I had on a thick sweater, heavy shoes (Freebird boots, I love them), and had drunk 32 oz of water....and I still registered as underweight.  I feel like that's the sign of success, when the doctor scale and full Midwest-winter clothing can't hide it.

But that said....on the flip side, I fretted all week because I was 7 lbs lighter "at home" and was really dreading my weigh-in because surely I must have gained to be "that much heavier."  To be completely fair I was also bloated because i had eaten too many dishes with a ton of kale and beans so my body was prepping for a Great Cleanse.... :lol:  (I'm still processing all that food, I am sure.  still a little bloated)

what the hell is this madness.  LMAO

• viofem, *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this

#37 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico (US)

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:40 PM

I'm sorry I haven't been very active or supportive around here.  :unsure: 

Thanks, hon.  :wub:

Welcome, Aries!  :)

And post menopause is even worse. It seems like it takes me forever to see any change.

Same.  :(

Late in January I had a serious flare of GERD. Mostly because of comfort eating and too much wine. That's why I haven't been here lately - I feel like I don't belong when I am in a binge cycle. Reflux and esophagitis are miserable, but the silver lining is I really can't drink or eat a lot of garbage till it clears up a bit, and I am down 4 lbs. WHY is it so much harder to lose weight as we get older?!

They tell me that I have "silent reflux," because I don't have any heartburn, but I get sore throats, which indicates that acid is coming up and burning my throat.  :( 

I had to go to the doctor's office this week - I was not prepared to be weighed.  I had on a thick sweater, heavy shoes (Freebird boots, I love them), and had drunk 32 oz of water....and I still registered as underweight.  I feel like that's the sign of success, when the doctor scale and full Midwest-winter clothing can't hide it.

But that said....on the flip side, I fretted all week because I was 7 lbs lighter "at home" and was really dreading my weigh-in because surely I must have gained to be "that much heavier."  To be completely fair I was also bloated because i had eaten too many dishes with a ton of kale and beans so my body was prepping for a Great Cleanse.... :lol:  (I'm still processing all that food, I am sure.  still a little bloated)

what the hell is this madness.  LMAO

:lol: I remember going to the doctor a few years ago and weighing in at 98 lbs (BMI 16.3), and getting crap about it, especially because I was 50-years-old! I, however, was super upset, because, at home (fully undressed), I was weighing in at 93 lbs!  :rolleyes: 

• thinstrument, shannie and FatGrandma like this

5'5"

Current BMI: "Normal" (i.e., FAT!)

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

Lowest Adult Weight: 87 lbs (BMI 14.5)

HW: 165 lbs (pregnancy)

GW: ???

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/gallery/album/5861-pics-of-me/

#38 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2926 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 01:17 PM

Angel, we love you and we are happy for whatever participation you feel like giving.  You don't owe anyone anything - we just really like hearing from you! 

Yeah, barf, I know.... I don't mean to be sappy haha or creepy.  Just love the camaraderie from the regulars. 

• viofem and *~pixie angelheart~* like this

#39 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6077 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico (US)

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:09 PM

Angel, we love you and we are happy for whatever participation you feel like giving.  You don't owe anyone anything - we just really like hearing from you! 

Yeah, barf, I know.... I don't mean to be sappy haha or creepy.  Just love the camaraderie from the regulars. 

Thank you, Thin.  :wub:  Yeah, it's always nice to know you that, even though you may be completely off your rocker, at least you're not the only one!  :lol: 

• viofem, thinstrument, shannie and 1 other like this

5'5"

Current BMI: "Normal" (i.e., FAT!)

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

Lowest Adult Weight: 87 lbs (BMI 14.5)

HW: 165 lbs (pregnancy)

GW: ???

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/gallery/album/5861-pics-of-me/

#40 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2357 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:22 PM

Thank you, Thin.  :wub:  Yeah, it's always nice to know you that, even though you may be completely off your rocker, at least you're not the only one!  :lol: 

Amen sister!

• *~pixie angelheart~* likes this

Ht. 5'3"
CW 80lbs

LW 75lbs
GW ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users